RB Trade Options

XXLMike

Reaction score
Maybe the Bears would give us up one of their running backs..

Matt Breida is a FA - 29 - has had some good runs in his career.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
RB and LB are usually the easiest positions to fill
There will be starting caliber players available over the next month
Starting caliber for the Cowboys, but not even reserve caliber for the team they’re on. I don’t know that I feel particularly good about that.

Daillest88

Reaction score
yeah well the offensive line for the Ravens that's gonna be really bad for Henry if they don't fix their offensive line at least the Dallas Cowboys went they're lying first you trying to tell me this up in 80s Henry's gonna have a great season with the Ravens just because he has a name you're not taking into account all the mileage he has and the fact that they don't have a good offensive line right now they lost 3/4 of their offensive line
Henry here in Dallas with the line we got now would have been a great fit. Hell we drafted all physical players , perfect fit even more and he had 1170 yards averaging 4.2 ypc. All eyes were on him in Tennessee. Wouldn’t be here

_sturt_

Reaction score
Thought I heard grumblings of a James Conner trade last season.
ARZ doesn't have much incentive to move him. They're not under salary cap duress, and even if Benson claims the #1 slot, Conner still is far-and-away their best option for the #2 guy.

OTC says Connor would represent about a $6m cap hit for us, too.

Daillest88

Reaction score

Israel Abanikanda

Is the guy we should target from the jets. Believe a lot of us wanted him. Runs a 4.26- 4.3 40 , 220 pounds. All I know is he’s fast as heck. Had like 1500 yards his last year in college and averaged 6 ypc, definitely could be traded

rambo2

Reaction score

Israel Abanikanda

Is the guy we should target from the jets. Believe a lot of us wanted him. Runs a 4.26- 4.3 40 , 220 pounds. All I know is he’s fast as heck. Had like 1500 yards his last year in college and averaged 6 ypc, definitely could be traded
He could be a fit.

_sturt_

Reaction score

Israel Abanikanda

Jets bloggers are speculating that he's just not been good enough at pass protection and that ball security has been an issue.

The kid is 21... this will be what would have been his traditional senior season at Pitt.

Hard to persuade me he's not worth a 2025 late round pick of some kind.

Last edited by a moderator:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Rumors are they might release him..
Source?

Wouldn't make sense. Not like he's costing them a lot, and this soon after being drafted and at a time of year when roster count isn't an issue, hard to imagine there wouldn't be an effort to auction the kid off for the best draft pick offer.

McMicah

Reaction score
Everyone is thinking about this all wrong.

Obviously Jerry is going to go for a walk one day, and see a young man with a tough life situation playing ball in the park, bring him in for minicamp, at which time he will prove himself to his teammates through his grit and fall in love with a local waitress, and eventually be in the hall of fame.

Boom. Disney movie in the making

Verdict

Reaction score
Vets that could be pushed out of role on current team
Dameon Pierce Texans
Khalil Herbert Bears
Jamaal Williams Saints
Miles Sanders Panthers
Justice Hill Ravens
AJ Dillon Packers
Elijah Mitchell 49ers
Chase Edmonds Bucs

Drafted last year and buried in depth chart
Israel Abanikanda Jets
Chris Rodriguez JR Commanders
Zach Evans Rams

Remaining free agents
Zeke
Damien Harris
Kareem Hunt
Latavius Murray
Jerick McKinnon
I’m super curious what the Dolphins are going to do at RB. Run the wishbone?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Henry here in Dallas with the line we got now would have been a great fit. Hell we drafted all physical players , perfect fit even more and he had 1170 yards averaging 4.2 ypc. All eyes were on him in Tennessee. Wouldn’t be here
look man nobody knows how this guy's gonna play when guys get up in this age he can fall off a Cliff I think you Elliott was just signed this 3.8 yards per carry I know it doesn't look great but those 12 touchdowns were being dismissed as anybody can do it and we saw last year that that was very untrue and I mean you got like Najee Harris in Pittsburgh he's physical that dudes career average is 3.9 there's not a big difference IMHO if you're moving the chains, we have guys like Rico now we have Zeke, we have hunter the FB, those guys can be your normal running backs whatever games they're going to be active or not or all three at the same time, we don't know but,

I could tell you this that guy Peat along with Vaughn can be your change of pace guys your fast guys either one of them can turn be turned into a Tony Pollard type after you let those other guys go ahead and pound for a little while.

So let's stop thinking about the what is and just deal with reality this is what we got and the way Jerry's talking and he's right if this doesn't work out you don't have to stick with it you can go out and make a trade like they did with amari Cooper he literally said that last night or this morning I saw it somewhere on Twitter I believe he literally said he can get a running back at anytime if that becomes a problem and a reason we're not winning.. And he's correct and you do realize how many running backs are gonna get cut before September and some that will be on the trade block by the trade deadline like as usual we saw Christian McCaffrey get traded we saw other guys that teams will move when they know they just need to get something for them because they're not having a good season..

So again let's stop focusing on who could have been here let's focus on who is here and hopefully because of what we're talking about that they drafted more physical players it will make that group the running back by committee a lot better the fact that I think that they're on to that mindset then they're gonna use our backs better than they did last year in my opinion Rico dowdle should have got a lot more carries than Tony Pollard they should have kept Tony Pollard fresh and used him the same way he's always been used making him a $10 million starter was a mistake in my opinion maybe should have offered the guy A2 year $8 million deal instead of making the franchise tag offer but yeah that's hindsight but I'm saying that if they use these guys correctly behind this revamp lines we will have nothing to worry about I mean look at what Pittsburgh does with Najee Harris they just run the dude into the ground they don't have a dynamic starter at running back but they use other guys for those purposes and we have those guys and they don't even have a good quarterback as far as up till this offseason and somehow it's OK with that team to use a slow plotting running back but it's not for us....

tm1119

Reaction score
I’m super curious what the Dolphins are going to do at RB. Run the wishbone?
I really don’t think it’s crazy that McDaniel is going to be able to split 400 carriers between Mostert, Achane, and Wright over the course of a 17 game season. Wright takes over a bigger role once Mostert is done after this coming season or the next.

Jeff Wilson Jr is likely available/cut, but I’m not sure how much of an improvement he is over Dowdle.

montgod

Reaction score
I really don’t think it’s crazy that McDaniel is going to be able to split 400 carriers between Mostert, Achane, and Wright over the course of a 17 game season. Wright takes over a bigger role once Mostert is done after this coming season or the next.

Jeff Wilson Jr is likely available/cut, but I’m not sure how much of an improvement he is over Dowdle.
Yeah at this point and his injury history, I don't see Wilson as an improvement or at the very least giving DAL anything they don't already have. He ran like a 4.6 when he was drafted so speed isn't really his game

montgod

Reaction score
Maybe the Bears would give us up one of their running backs..

Matt Breida is a FA - 29 - has had some good runs in his career.
Yeah Breida and Isreal (if cut) seem like the only burners of the bunch left. Still not saying much but that's what you get when you scraping the bottom of the barrel