Reaching for Draft picks and excuses

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When exactly are we going to hear "well there was noise behind us that several teams wanted the guy we drafted?" They like to sell us really hard on this excuse. Several of the players we got we could have gotten later on in the draft. I'm not ready to write off any of these players who haven't even played yet, I wish them all the best! I just think the Cowboys reached a bit when they may have not had to,, please give your thoughts
Do you have something to base this on or is it just vibes?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
They draft very well. They know they are good at it.
Better overall but still a lot of misses. I liked the trade back for Guyton which netted us Beebe. The 3rd rounder I’m still scratching my head on.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He can play center.
We soon shall see.

It's not easy. Hardest position to learn and grasp on the Oline. So many responsibilities with being a Center, plus having to be automatically accurate and good with your snapping at all times under any circumstance is crucial. Time will soon tell, but it won't be easy. Guaranteed.

It's easy to say, "He can play center." Anybody can say it, but doing it is a totally separate thing.

Brax

Reaction score
Cowboys didn't need a Guard. Needed RB, C, WR, DT and LB.

Already have lots of Guards on the team.

Cowboys are drafting for luxury while avoiding positions of need. That is my beef.
They got everything you wanted, except the RB, that G is the new center, a LB, a WR and a big sloppy DT, you just don’t like the picks, you received everything you wanted and are whining. As for RB they are a dime a dozen according to you and others, looks like Zeke is that 6-7th round draft pick this year. UDFA RB coming just for you and who knows he may turn out great just like Tony Romo

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They got everything you wanted, except the RB, that G is the new center, a LB, a WR and a big sloppy DT, you just don’t like the picks, you received everything you wanted and are whining. As for RB they are a dime a dozen according to you and others, looks like Zeke is that 6-7th round draft pick this year. UDFA RB coming just for you and who knows he may turn out great just like Tony Romo
Everything I asked for (RB, C, WR, LB and DT) were addressed late in the 3rd round and late in the draft. Some weren't even addressed. But according to you (lies as always), I got everything I wanted.

KevinHickey22

Reaction score
I do not understand this logic, if this is fact what they were thinking. I mean I understand the lack of a 4th round pick but that would have driven me more in the direction of a RB, not a LB. Did they really believe Liufau is so good they absolutely had to have him on the team? If they didn't take him, and took Lloyd, for example, would they really miss Liufau?

I guess a lesson to be learned here is don't trade away your draft picks for player who will not contribute. Trading their 4th round pick for Trey Lance came back to bite them. And Lance may never play a down for them.
They probably didn’t like what was left on there board and decided to address the LB. I think this is why they were in contact Zeke during the draft. I still think they made a mistake. Hopefully, they can make a trade following the draft.

Brax

Reaction score
Everything I asked for (RB, C, WR, LB and DT) were addressed late in the 3rd round and late in the draft. Some weren't even addressed. But according to you (lies as always), I got everything I wanted.
Please reread my post you got everything except a running back now you have a caveat about rounds, must of been that missing 4th that made up for with a extra 3rd, really comes down to you don’t like the picks, you’re becoming a hater, maybe you should find a new team

Loso86

Reaction score
When exactly are we going to hear "well there was noise behind us that several teams wanted the guy we drafted?" They like to sell us really hard on this excuse. Several of the players we got we could have gotten later on in the draft. I'm not ready to write off any of these players who haven't even played yet, I wish them all the best! I just think the Cowboys reached a bit when they may have not had to,, please give your thoughts
They did good, our fans reach more than they do sometimes honestly

kskboys

Reaction score
Please reread my post you got everything except a running back now you have a caveat about rounds, must of been that missing 4th that made up for with a extra 3rd, really comes down to you don’t like the picks, you’re becoming a hater, maybe you should find a new team
We didn't get a 3 tech.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lmao! I'm honored to see my famous phrase is becoming quite catchy around here.
:laugh: :bow::thumbup:

I actually do like this year's picks. All hard-nosed type of players who should push for playing time and possibly become good contributors.

Brax

Reaction score
Lmao! I'm honored to see my famous phrase is becoming quite catchy around here.
:laugh: :bow::thumbup:

I actually do like this year's picks. All hard-nosed type of players who should push for playing time and possibly become good contributors.
Glad to hear it, should be a fun year regardless of the outcome.