Read Teammates' letters to Goodell advocating for Gregory

Bigdog

Reaction score
Goodell might suspend Heath just for telling him that keeping Gregory away from his teammates and the locker room was not the right thing to do. He probably hurt Gooddell's fragile ego.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Goodell might suspend Heath just for telling him that keeping Gregory away from his teammates and the locker room was not the right thing to do. He probably hurt Gooddell's fragile ego.
I'm not a big fan of Heath the safety, but I gained some mad respect for Heath after reading that. I support anyone with the balls and courage to stand up to oppressive authority.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Two questions:

1. Can he stay clean?

2. Is he better than Demarcus Lawrence, Kony Ealy, Tyrone Crawford, Datone Jones, or Dorance Armstrong?

If that's two yeses, then let's get it on.
Except for the "DeMarcus Lawrence" part, everything else is a yes.

Even if Gregory assumes his full sky-high potential, I wouldn't say he'll ever be "better" than Lawrence, who is very elite.... they are just different, Lawrence is a quintessential perfect 4-3 left end and Gregory can perhaps become that perfect 4-3 right end in due time. Gregory will never have Lawrence's bull rushing ability, for instance. Lawrence threw Lane Johnson to the ground like a rag doll. Lawrence can fight through a RT and TE with technique and brute force, whereas when facing LTs on an island your best move is speed/finesse.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The best part of these letters is that it includes Goody's work address.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Heath the safety, but I gained some mad respect for Heath after reading that. I support anyone with the balls and courage to stand up to oppressive authority.
I do too and Heath is right that you don't take the support people away from people who have issues that Gregory has or had.

Nav22

Reaction score
I've never done drugs or smoked pot or tobacco in my life and I failed a drug test last month because it was "dilute". I drank a normal amount of water as I always do that day, which is about a gallon a day or more because I had severe kidney stones in 2016.

Seriously, f*** anyone who is so quick to judge. I don't want another 7 day ban, but... you know what I'm talking about... party of a grumpy orange man whose last name rhymes with Grump. that's all
Haha I smoke weed at least once/week. Who's judging? MUCH healthier and safer than booze.

Randy failed several drug tests, that's a fact that I merely pointed out. Calling this his "second chance" is inaccurate.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Haha I smoke weed at least once/week. Who's judging? MUCH healthier and safer than booze.

Randy failed several drug tests, that's a fact that I merely pointed out. Calling this his "second chance" is inaccurate.
8th chance. How many people get a 8th chance to make millions of dollars doing something you love to do.

millennial_legend

Reaction score

I don't think he's ever failed a drug test for steroids or any drugs harder than mary jane... like coke, heroin, crack, meth, opioids etc.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
The best part of these letters is that it includes Goody's work address.
I don't want to get a long term ban for writing out a threat on the internet.... but let's just say, a violent fantasy just happened in my brain that gave me a smile. :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty cool, but I admit I laughed when I read "second chance" in Lee's letter. Dude's failed several drug tests, not just one.
Not if you consider all the other failures as just one big long mistake.:cool:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gregory has 1 sack in 14 games. Are you sure?
It is the potential of what he did at NE. Same as Jaylon Smith at ND. All about potential because we haven't seen enough of either player yet. Gregory was a speed rusher in college and has reportedly gained some weight but his overall effect on the D is completely unknown. He would have gone in the 1st had he not been nailed because he was a disruptive force along the line.

erod

Reaction score
It is the potential of what he did at NE. Same as Jaylon Smith at ND. All about potential because we haven't seen enough of either player yet. Gregory was a speed rusher in college and has reportedly gained some weight but his overall effect on the D is completely unknown. He would have gone in the 1st had he not been nailed because he was a disruptive force along the line.

Armstrong was underdrafted in my opinion. I watched him at KU, and even down by 30 points that guy would play hard. Kony Ealy was more accomplished in college than Gregory.

It'll be interesting. Can they trust him? Is he done with the hooch, or will this be Josh Gordon shortly.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I said this in another post about a different issue. Jeff Heath is a 2018 defensive captain. He clearly already fills that role
The players have always loved Heath. Its the fans that were overly critical of him based on that dreadful game against the Lions.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I want to read the letter Zeke wrote.
Dear Comish I wrote a letter but ate it Do I look fat?
DH4Ga05VwAA-oop.jpg

P.S. we NEED Randy back he makes good brownies

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The players have always loved Heath. Its the fans that were overly critical of him based on that dreadful game against the Lions.
No it’s based on how bad he is overall in most games.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
To be fair, this isn't a second chance. This is like his 10th chance lifetime.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s always good to see teammates stick up for each other. It’s obvious Randy Gregory the person is appreciated.

Agreed. That's always good to read.

It was also surprising to me exactly who was involved with writing these letters and the players referred to as team leaders.

Sean Lee is a given as the guys essentially another coach on and off the field. But it's surpsing to me to see Crawford and Heath in that category. Not that their letters aren't a great showing of support and appreciated, but that they're not the accomplished in field players that Lee is.