Read Teammates' letters to Goodell advocating for Gregory

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Agreed. That's always good to read.

It was also surprising to me exactly who was involved with writing these letters and the players referred to as team leaders.

Sean Lee is a given as the guys essentially another coach on and off the field. But it's surpsing to me to see Crawford and Heath in that category. Not that their letters aren't a great showing of support and appreciated, but that they're not the accomplished in field players that Lee is.
Crawford isn't one of our best players on the Dline, but you can't help but like him as a person whether he deserves that money or not. He's talking about a guy who will ultimately replace him and might even cost him his job (or a serious paycut) next offseason.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford isn't one of our best players on the Dline, but you can't help but like him as a person whether he deserves that money or not. He's talking about a guy who will ultimately replace him and might even cost him his job (or a serious paycut) next offseason.

You're right, I have nothing but good things to say about Crawford the person. Stand up guy, team player, great teammate.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Commissioner Goodell:

I believe Randy should have been playing football the past 3 seasons. He did not kill, rape, hit, hurt or even offend one person. He just smoked weed which about half the country now does. Time to loosen up on something so ******* stupid you ******* moron.

Sincerely, Most Fans
Like x 1000000

nobody

Reaction score
Commissioner Goodell:

I believe Randy should have been playing football the past 3 seasons. He did not kill, rape, hit, hurt or even offend one person. He just smoked weed which about half the country now does. Time to loosen up on something so ******* stupid you ******* moron.

Sincerely, Most Fans

While I agree with you, it's still Federally illegal and as long as that's the case they will continue to do testing for and suspending for this. Once America gets its head on straight and legalizes it, then the NFL might change. It's ridiculous, but it's against the law, right or wrong. Just because "half the country" now does it means nothing. Half the country is breaking the law.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
While I agree with you, it's still Federally illegal and as long as that's the case they will continue to do testing for and suspending for this. Once America gets its head on straight and legalizes it, then the NFL might change. It's ridiculous, but it's against the law, right or wrong. Just because "half the country" now does it means nothing. Half the country is breaking the law.
So what are they going to do, put half the country in prison?

The problem is, unlike most countries, S**tmerica isn't a country where the opinions of the people actually are the determining factor on what the laws are. Instead, it's an *elite* old group of establishment goons who partake in fraudulent actions like illegal gerrymandering and vote manipulation to make sure they stay in power and preserve antiquated customs and the strict letter of a truly awful and antiquated constitution.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

The problem is, unlike most countries, S**tmerica isn't a country where the opinions of the people actually are the determining factor on what the laws are. Instead, it's an *elite* old group of establishment goons who partake in fraudulent actions like illegal gerrymandering and vote manipulation to make sure they stay in power and preserve antiquated customs and the strict letter of a truly awful and antiquated constitution.
The Constitution is the most beautiful document ever written

CapnCook

Reaction score
That's a lot of whats in it for Randy Gregory.

I was hoping at least one would have said, "This guy is primed to be the sack leader and you'll want his highlight reel (safely and gently) bringing QBs to the ground to boost your product!"

erod

Reaction score

Man, you took two massive gulps of the Kool-Aid then Bill Parcells-ed yourself with the whole bucket.

Might want to read up a bit.

The Constitution is so brilliant that you can say whatever you want about the most powerful person in the world and fear nothing for doing so as long as you don't make physical threats. That was a first in world history.

Dre11

Reaction score
Not really. After the $2 million battle with Jerry and the Zeke ordeal last year, I'm sure he wanted with all his heart to spite the team and keep Gregory banished for life and suspend Zeke an additional few games just for the heck of it, just because he can. But he realizes his league is slowly losing money and Cowboys fans are by far the league's biggest customers, so he threw them a little bone for a change... weird.

The league isn't losing money.....lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
It is the potential of what he did at NE. Same as Jaylon Smith at ND. All about potential because we haven't seen enough of either player yet. Gregory was a speed rusher in college and has reportedly gained some weight but his overall effect on the D is completely unknown. He would have gone in the 1st had he not been nailed because he was a disruptive force along the line.
Let’s hope the weed didn’t make him forget how to rush.

nobody

Reaction score

Way to completely miss my point. The NFL wants to present itself as wholesome family-friendly entertainment and therefore chooses to follow the law of the land. Regardless of how unpopular or unfair a law is, it's still the law of the land. Once it finally gets changed, I expect that the NFL will change with it.

This isn't about fair or not. It's not about how rigged the system may be. It's about the law, the NFL rules, and violations of them. Don't want to be suspended or banned? Follow the rules. It's not rocket science.

Hardline

Reaction score
Commissioner Goodell:

Sincerely, Most Fans
Where did you come up with the "half the country does" claim?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Commissioner Goodell:

Sincerely, Most Fans
He killed the weed hit the blunt and raped the dealer

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
1532052478-lee.jpg

1532052513-crawf.jpg

1532052529-heath.jpg
Hey, Sean, I used to think you were wise, but took to heart, "tell me your friends and I'll tell you who you are."
Just shuddup and play, when you can, mate.

Xelda

Reaction score
I've never done drugs or smoked pot or tobacco in my life and I failed a drug test last month because it was "dilute". I drank a normal amount of water as I always do that day, which is about a gallon a day or more because I had severe kidney stones in 2016.

Seriously, f*** anyone who is so quick to judge. I don't want another 7 day ban, but... you know what I'm talking about... party of a grumpy orange man whose last name rhymes with Grump. that's all
I knew someone that had the same thing happen to him. He drank an insane amount of water on a daily basis and was flagged for being "dilute". My brother has dealt with kidney stones most of his adult life and drinks quite a bit of water. One time he had to go to the hospital for kidney stones and daddy picked him up. He found every bump and hole in the road and laughed every time my brother howled in pain. Later he got kidney stones and had a sudden appreciation for my brother's pain.

Thank you for the letters @Zordon. I tried to read them in another thread, but they were tiny. I think each letter was well done and it's a shame that our players have to bow to the ego that is Roger Goodell.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That's a lot of whats in it for Randy Gregory.

I was hoping at least one would have said, "This guy is primed to be the sack leader and you'll want his highlight reel (safely and gently) bringing QBs to the ground to boost your product!"
On what planet do we live in we obsess so much about a 3-time loser?