***** READ THIS -- A message to the new members from the DALLASCOWBOYS.com forums! *****

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First, welcome to the site! We are sorry to hear that DC.com is shutting down their forums, but we are always happy to accept more Cowboys fans here!

Please make sure you read the Forum Rules!

You should also read the Tips for New CowboysZone Members and How do I become a full member of CowboysZone? threads.

I know many of you may have never heard of CowboysZone before now, so I wanted to share a bit of history with you.

CZ launched as CowboysZone.com back in 2004, but the original site was online 2-3 years before that. We have been online a lot longer than the DC.com forums have been and even though traffic has never been our focus, CZ has usually had a lot more users online than the official forums.

CZ runs on high-end enterprise servers using XenForo forum software and the site and servers are optimized heavily for performance. Even when we have topped 3,000 users online during games, our servers operate just as fast as they do during the lowest traffic periods.

There will be a bit of a learning curve with the family friendly rules and the change in software from IPB to XenForo, but give it a little time and we think you'll like it here!

CZ is not owned by or tied to any Cowboys or sports media so we are not obligated to or bound by any of their corporation interests. Most importantly, we have been here over 15 years and are not going anywhere!

There's a "new member" period (explained in the links above) that you go through when you join, but your account and access will get promoted soon enough as long as you participate on the site.

Welcome to CowboysZone and we hope you find your new home here!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not know how pro-Cowboys or anti-Cowboys friendly the official forums were, but on CZ we have a variety of fans with differing opinions. At various times of the season, the community with be more pro-Cowboys and at other times, it will be a lot more critical of the team. There will be some users who claim we only want one or the other here, because we allow both and one side is a lot more vocal at times, but of course that's not true.

The only time we do clamp down on things is when the site gets a bit too negative, especially when there are a lot of similar threads being posted. That said, after a disappointing season like we had in 2017, it's expected that the tone will be a little more negative for a while.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I do not know how pro-Cowboys or anti-Cowboys friendly the official forums were, but on CZ we have a variety of fans with differing opinions. At various times of the season, the community with be more pro-Cowboys and at other times, it will be a lot more critical of the team. There will be some users who claim we only want one or the other here, because we allow both and one side is a lot more vocal at times, but of course that's not true.

The only time we do clamp down on things is when the site gets a bit too negative, especially when there are a lot of similar threads being posted. That said, after a disappointing season like we had in 2017, it's expected that the tone will be a little more negative for a while.

Greetings Reality, I'm a Mod on the Official site - thanks for the welcome.

I was on the site since 2006 and its pretty much the same as here just "smaller"

There are a bunch of good people and we consider each other family - hoping we can add to the conversation...

Again, thanks for welcoming us refugees. ; )

kskboys

Reaction score
Greetings Reality, I'm a Mod on the Official site - thanks for the welcome.

I was on the site since 2006 and its pretty much the same as here just "smaller"

There are a bunch of good people and we consider each other family - hoping we can add to the conversation...

Again, thanks for welcoming us refugees. ; )
Ditto.

I was a mod also, and I'm glad to be here and will contribute in any way I can.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Someone posted this on your old board and i think last part of it is bad advice.

"Well, it seems like if everyone would just keep their screen names, we can just continue uninterupted. I've been on cowboyzone for years but I rarely ever log on. This site was way more interactive and has a lot more debaters. We need to go show those zoners how its done and take that board over."

Settle down. :popcorn:

Last edited:

condoin125

Reaction score
Now I don't know what you believe but I do know there's no doubt,
I need another double shot of something 90 proof, I got too much to think about.
Too much to think about...too much to figure out....stuck between hope and doubt...too much to think about.

kskboys

Reaction score
Someone posted this on your old board and i think last part of it is bad advice.

"Well, it seems like if everyone would just keep their screen names, we can just continue uninterupted. I've been on cowboyzone for years but I rarely ever log on. This site was way more interactive and has a lot more debaters. We need to go show those zoners how its done and take that board over."

Holy tamales, what a load!!!!

Don't think that's all of us. I simply want to post and have a good time. I would hazard a guess that that sort of attitude is rare.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

Yeah, its just like how some react to a bad loss - give em time, they'll adjust.

condoin125

Reaction score

I don't think he said anything that serious....

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he said anything that serious....
I agree! That's a common reaction when a community has to move to another site. Everyone wants to find the same atmosphere and feeling somewhere else because the site, especially a forum site, is more than just a group of people or friends who talk to each other. In reality (no pun intended), things change and we all adapt. Even CowboysZone has changed over the years a few times as some people left, new people joined, forum software changed, etc.

The way everyone has to look at it is that with an influx of new people, from both sides and to both sides, it helps introduce some fresh thoughts and perspectives to the mix. Eventually, it's just one big group again :)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

You are supposed to either punch the biggest guy in the noise or become someone's pet

I recommend @Risen Star for both

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, I can LIKE posts now! Awesome!!!
I lowered some of the requirements (there are several) for accounts to get promoted to help get everyone updated faster. I will reset them back to normal in the near future once everyone has had a chance to meet the normal requirements. Of course you had an old account here so the new accounts may still have a little longer wait to meet all of the lowered requirements.