Real GMs

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Real GM's dont look at a players team Championships while with a team when deciding if the player can play and/or improve their team.

Reggie Miller would be highly sought after in todays NBA...but has no Championships under his belt.

A GM would be unqualified to look at him as not being worth acquiring assuming they were willing and able.

Why is this board over-run with team stats defining a player?

Does this hurt the boards narrative?

foofighters

Reaction score
Real GM's dont look at a players team Championships while with a team when deciding if the player can play and/or improve their team.

Reggie Miller would be highly sought after in todays NBA...but has no Championships under his belt.

A GM would be unqualified to look at him as not being worth acquiring assuming they were willing and able.

Huh?

blueblood70

Reaction score
But...I dont believe in playoff yips or choking. I find that convenient for a narrative.
I'm not sure if I understand fully what you mean but I do know this I agree that too much is placed on a player just because of the position or the money they make when the team is losing games I mean you can't just signal out a player when the team around him is collapsing in those big moments literally the team choke the coaches choked everyone choked they did none of them played well there wasn't a single person in that Green Bay game that showed up snap one it was the defense they set the bad tone for the game gave up all those points and somehow it keeps circling back to #4..

I mean what exactly are you gonna do with that a absolutely efficient to strong run game or an offensive line that's consistent or receivers not dropping balls and pouting on the sideline along with the defense that just didn't seem to show up had a terrible game plan I mean it was a total team loss and yes Prescott didn't play well kinda hard to play well in that environment// we covered this all the big games in the playoffs we could go back to no run game bad defense people dropping passes people letting passes bounce off their hands into the opponent's hands not showing up and getting sacks when you should be not covering your guy well and the coaching I mean there's been that on top of that one series against San Francisco 11 penalties by the offensive line exactly how is an offense supposed to run when the offensive line is constantly putting you behind the chains you're literally having to do everything twice as hard to make it 10 yards?

I really don't understand what the delusion is it literally we haven't had a team come together in the second round in a very long time against the better opponents all of it every phase of the game including coaching somebody's made mistakes and that goes all the way back to the Tony Romo days we had the Patrick Creighton game I mean people remember that I mean it wasn't everything but then you got what the 2014 you had three big memories you had the referees call the no catch on Dez after a replay even though almost the entire world looked at it as a catch but you had DeMarco Murray fumbling a ball that costly could have been a touchdown in the biggest hole you'll see because they had one of the best offensive lines in football he should have been ohh near the end zone on that play and then two minutes field goals by what was supposed to be one of our best kickers of all time and Dan Bailey people forget that I mean when you have these kind of mistakes against a team that's equal to you or better you're gonna lose that's why people go back to five key plays of the game and you gotta stop worrying about that someone throwing interception early in the game or at the end when you're desperate when you have the team doing negative things on all layers

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I suspect this thread gets pushed off the front page quickly

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree completely!

The Cowboys need a REAL GM .. someone who doesn't do what the Cowboys have been doing for 29 years by paying salary cap limiting contracts to players who do not help this team get anywhere near a Super Bowl.

Hard to believe .. 29 years .. 0 Super Bowls .. and after all of those high-paid contracts.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Give me of some of what drinking! And send Pappy a chocolate milk......lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree completely!

The Cowboys need a REAL GM .. someone who doesn't do what the Cowboys have been doing for 29 years by paying salary cap limiting contracts to players who do not help this team get anywhere near a Super Bowl.

Hard to believe .. 29 years .. 0 Super Bowls .. and after all of those high-paid contracts.
Every team uses their salary cap and most haven't won either, we just have a spoiled fanbase.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
A real GM would not hire his children to run a professional football team.

A real GM would allow the coaches to decide play time and discipline.

A real GM would have been fired after 29 years of failure.

A real GM would not make outlandish statements to his fan base that he had no plans to back up.

We have not had a real GM since Jimmy Johnson left for Miami.