Real GMs

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Some of us understand the game. I don't like Jerry Jones being GM, but I understand it's not easy to win and I won't cry about it. That's a waste of time
Having a good organization from top to bottom certainly increases your odds of success. .

Our GM is only there because of nepotism and does not work at it full time no less, it's not his only responsibility.

Of course that may be a blessing in disguise, considering he's absolutely the worst at it, so spending more time at it would logically only make matters worse.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So all the fans who are tired of Jerry and his antics after 29 years do not understand the game ........ is that what you are saying?
He acknowledged Jerry in his post. Seems pretty obvious he is saying it is not that simple.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He acknowledged Jerry in his post. Seems pretty obvious he is saying it is not that simple.
Well this thread is about GM's ......... so his little "some of us understand football" dig was a response directly too someone talking about Jerry sucking as a GM.

Not to mention I do not believe him when he says he does not like Jerry ...... he has spent years on here badmouthing Jimmy Johnson and defending Jerry as a GM.

Buy hey ........ defend away ....... go Spurs

gtb1943

Reaction score
You either have a good GM or you don't. And that comes down to what is the GM's mission
If you are a GM dedicated to winning a SB, then Jerry is not a good GM
IF you are a GM dedicated to making money and keeping the Brand well known in Media and elsewhere; then he is a Good GM

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Well this thread is about GM's ......... so his little "some of us understand football" dig was a response directly too someone talking about Jerry sucking as a GM.

Not to mention I do not believe him when he says he does not like Jerry ...... he has spent years on here badmouthing Jimmy Johnson and defending Jerry as a GM.

Buy hey ........ defend away ....... go Spurs
Sure and he is commenting that it is a waste of time. Scapegoating oversimplifications sure do help alleviate angst though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You either have a good GM or you don't. And that comes down to what is the GM's mission
IF you are a GM dedicated to making money and keeping the Brand well known in Media and elsewhere; then he is a Good GM
People handwave at job titles but Jerry is not the one watching film and coordinating scouts and coaches. You do nothing but change McClay's title to GM and the Cowboys are structured like most NFL clubs.

gtb1943

Reaction score
People handwave at job titles but Jerry is not the one watching film and coordinating scouts and coaches. You do nothing but change McClay's title to GM and the Cowboys are structured like most NFL clubs.
So you think Jerry is a good GM?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry was worth a little over 900 million dollars the last time we won a Superbowl ......... now after 29 years of failure he is worth 14 billion.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks complaining about a faulty product is a waste of time deserves said faulty product.
Your claiming that all the problems of the product are due to the CEO of said company. Your analog is not apt.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Your claiming that all the problems of the product are due to the CEO of said company. Your analog is not apt.
Socks to jocks ....... Jerry's words

When the CEO and owner endorses a lack of discipline ........ yes.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Socks to jocks ....... Jerry's words

When the CEO and owner endorses a lack of discipline ........ yes.
Your holding onto a quote from 30 years ago buddy. Yes it used to be Lacewell and Jerry mucking things about.

It's not like that anymore and you know it.

Do you like McClay?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Uh huh
Okay that clears that up
Do not need to continue to debate those not wanting to win it all
I debate to learn new truths not win. I am saying the corporate structure transcends your question. If it makes you feel better that you won something go ahead.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Your holding onto a quote from 30 years ago buddy. Yes it used to be Lacewell and Jerry mucking things about.

It's not like that anymore and you know it.
Really? Cause it looks the same to me on the field.

I like will McClay well enough ......... but the only person who sucks up to Jerry more than Michael Irvin is Will McClay.