Real GMs

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He was brought into the locker room ...... when Jimmy was having a team meeting

"At least twice, Bandar was the subject of explosions between the two. On December 27, 1992, a 27-14 victory over the Chicago Bears, Johnson turned around and noticed the prince standing on the sideline with his 20-member entourage. Johnson was irate and even more so after the game when Jones brought them into the Cowboys’ locker room. And something similar transpired on December 26, 1993, a 38-3 defeat of the Washington Commanders. This time, Johnson closed the locker room and left both Jones and Bandar outside waiting. When the doors opened and they were able to enter, Johnson breezed by them and left."

https://richardpennington.com/2023/06/jerry-jones-jimmy-johnson-and-prince-bandar/
Okay. So what does that prove? Not that Jimmy had independent control.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He was brought into the locker room ...... when Jimmy was having a team meeting

"At least twice, Bandar was the subject of explosions between the two. On December 27, 1992, a 27-14 victory over the Chicago Bears, Johnson turned around and noticed the prince standing on the sideline with his 20-member entourage. Johnson was irate and even more so after the game when Jones brought them into the Cowboys’ locker room. And something similar transpired on December 26, 1993, a 38-3 defeat of the Washington Commanders. This time, Johnson closed the locker room and left both Jones and Bandar outside waiting. When the doors opened and they were able to enter, Johnson breezed by them and left."

https://richardpennington.com/2023/06/jerry-jones-jimmy-johnson-and-prince-bandar/
How many non-Jones backed Lombardies did he win again. Yea, the world revolved around Jimmy Johnson alright. You from Texas? I am...:grin:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandt had more power to act independently than McClay? Not buying it.

The CEO didn't change. In fact if Jerry changed his title to CEO and gave McClay the GM title changing nothing else you would have what you want and nothing would functionally change.
I did not answer your question to influence your opinion or anyone else's. I did so only to provide my perspective according to your question.

MikeT22

Reaction score
The bias has nothing to do with Jerry or Jimmy. It is biased for halfway through Switzer's tenure.
It’s not like the back to back SB championship team was going to immediately implode the moment Jerry forced Jimmy out the door.

But it didn’t take long, like 3-4 years, for Jerry and Barry to tear it apart.