Real GMs

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our fanbase has higher standard then some so called cowboy fans who worship the Front Office and jethro; or spend their time defending those failures
giphy.webp

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Our fanbase has higher standard then some so called cowboy fans who worship the Front Office and jethro; or spend their time defending those failures
good one.

Was Whiplash your favorite movie? Was the abuse worth the thin margins in gained as a drummer under the abuse?

Never satisfied is abuse.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are football executives more qualified than Jerry Jones not currently serving as an NFL general manager. The same has been true for the entirety of Jones' ownership of the franchise.

Jones could conduct a job search to upgrade the team's general manager position. Not once has he attempted to do so during the post-Jimmy Johnson era. And Jones and Johnson parted ways in 1994.

In business, the best business owners hire the best employees to run their business. Jones is a living contradiction by not following this basic business understanding for the football operations within his multi-faceted, multi-billion dollar enterprise.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
There are football executives more qualified than Jerry Jones not currently serving as an NFL general manager. The same has been true for the entirety of Jones' ownership of the franchise.

Jones could conduct a job search to upgrade the team's general manager position. Not once has he attempted to do so during the post-Jimmy Johnson era. And Jones and Johnson parted ways in 1994.

In business, the best business owners hire the best employees to run their business. Jones is a living contradiction by not following this basic business understanding for the football operations within his multi-faceted, multi-billion dollar enterprise.
In regards to coaches I agree.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I agree completely!

The Cowboys need a REAL GM .. someone who doesn't do what the Cowboys have been doing for 29 years by paying salary cap limiting contracts to players who do not help this team get anywhere near a Super Bowl.

Hard to believe .. 29 years .. 0 Super Bowls .. and after all of those high-paid contracts.
Not really considering 32 teams, 5 championships, and the law of averages.

You feel entitled to more because you once had more.

shabazz

Reaction score
Real GM's dont look at a players team Championships while with a team when deciding if the player can play and/or improve their team.

Reggie Miller would be highly sought after in todays NBA...but has no Championships under his belt.

A GM would be unqualified to look at him as not being worth acquiring assuming they were willing and able.

Why is this board over-run with team stats defining a player?

Does this hurt the boards narrative?
Some don't even look at lower level playoff sucess let alone Championships

One that comes to mind is Fontenant, the Falcons GM.....Cousins is 1-4 in the playoffs and they gave him the keys to the kingdom

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really considering 32 teams, 5 championships, and the law of averages.

You feel entitled to more because you once had more.
29 years without even reaching NFC Championship Game much less a Super Bowl.

I think "entitlement" left this fan base a long time ago.

Maybe you are thinking of frustration, exasperation and maybe some desperation, but definitely not entitlement.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is an actual deflection-type post before page three hits, reflecting my opinion of a particular Real Mad Genius GM: click this link.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
29 years without even reaching NFC Championship Game much less a Super Bowl.

I think "entitlement" left this fan base a long time ago.

Maybe you are thinking of frustration, exasperation and maybe some desperation, but definitely not entitlement.
You are referencing two things that you feel entitled to. Unfulfilled entitlement leads to frustration and anger. The two are hand in hand not mutually exclusive.

Probability in this case is not hard to figure. It's not proportionate with what people are exasperated and frustrated for not getting. If anything I would say we are coming due. We have not met the denominator.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some of us understand the game. I don't like Jerry Jones being GM, but I understand it's not easy to win and I won't cry about it. That's a waste of time

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
good one.

Was Whiplash your favorite movie? Was the abuse worth the thin margins in gained as a drummer under the abuse?

Never satisfied is abuse.
Hey Jerry, your username gives you away. Hitting the blue early today aren't cha?