Real GMs

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Once the staff is set, he let's the coaches coach. Gailey, Campo, Parcells, Phillips, Marinelli, Garrett, and now MM have all been allowed to implement their schemes and the organization shifts its personnel strategy accordingly.

Im not sure that fits your comment above does it?
You are talking about the roster which is the domain of the GM and I am talking about coaches allowed to coach.

You guys are acting like a org with a GM is always going to see eye to eye on personnel or the GM is undermining them. Let's not forget the role McClay and the scouts play too.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I never claimed he did ...... I said he interferes with them having authority over the players and demands certain players be played.
Show me where Parcells said he did not want to play TO and Jerry forced him. That is quite the claim given Parcells actual disposition towards Jones.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Show me where Parcells said he did not want to play TO and Jerry forced him. That is quite the claim given Parcells actual disposition towards Jones.
:rolleyes:
Jeebus ....... it was obvious Parcells did not want him there ....... he would not even say his name.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bill...s-with-terrell-owens-but-thinks-hell-make-hof

But hey ....... you believe what you want to believe ........that Jerry is a great GM and football genius ......... I mean with multiple QB's and head coaches since 1996 ....... it cannot be the GM who was there the whole time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Jeebus ....... it was obvious Parcells did not want him there ....... he would not even say his name.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bill...s-with-terrell-owens-but-thinks-hell-make-hof

But hey ....... you believe what you want to believe ........that Jerry is a great GM and football genius ......... I mean with multiple QB's and head coaches since 1996 ....... it cannot be the GM who was there the whole time.
Again, he is talking about how he had his issues but he made the best of it. He is not naive to think he is going to see eye to eye on everything with management.

"I think I would. I think I would," Parcells said when asked if he would vote for Owens. "I had my issues with him a little bit, but that's not unlike some other players and you just have to deal with those things and make the best of it. Sometimes it's not comfortable for everybody but you have to make the best of it."

He has several examples that he used to talk about how that dynamic worked. Aaron Glenn who he started off calling she before becoming one of his favorite players. Getting overruled on Ware because he admitted he could not see the projection.

That article doesn't say he was forced to do anything.

Acheman08

Reaction score
Jerry cares just as much about winning a super bowl as selling Miller Lite. Winning "just enough" is almost as good as winning it all. Gives hope and gets people coming back.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You are talking about the roster which is the domain of the GM and I am talking about coaches allowed to coach.

You guys are acting like a org with a GM is always going to see eye to eye on personnel or the GM is undermining them. Let's not forget the role McClay and the scouts play too.
And that would be true if the HC has any say in who is on the field...your certain Jerry's picks are not forced onto the field? Again neither of us can prove this argument but the fact that its a big argument points more towards what Jerry has done to get this rep than any other owner in the league...this isn't just a CZ thought...Analysts on just about every network have said this for years .."Jerry's Meddling" is a problem...true?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And that would be true if the HC has any say in who is on the field...your certain Jerry's picks are not forced onto the field? Again neither of us can prove this argument but the fact that its a big argument points more towards what Jerry has done to get this rep than any other owner in the league...this isn't just a CZ thought...Analysts on just about every network have said this for years .."Jerry's Meddling" is a problem...true?
Certain? I am a skeptic so that is a meaningless question.

We know that Jerry did not force Parcells to play TO. I quoted proof. The flip side is proving a negative over what is essentially an infinite set. impossible but at least some proof has been provided.

The thing is you act like you are certain he does yet your proof is nada.

lopey

Reaction score
Real GM's dont look at a players team Championships while with a team when deciding if the player can play and/or improve their team.

Reggie Miller would be highly sought after in todays NBA...but has no Championships under his belt.

A GM would be unqualified to look at him as not being worth acquiring assuming they were willing and able.

Why is this board over-run with team stats defining a player?

Does this hurt the boards narrative?
More gibberish

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Certain? I am a skeptic so that is a meaningless question.

We know that Jerry did not force Parcells to play TO. I quoted proof. The flip side is proving a negative over what is essentially an infinite set. impossible but at least some proof has been provided.

The thing is you act like you are certain he does yet your proof is nada.
I actually i said no one is certain, and that is only proof he made the best out of the rules he was given...thats a far cry from.."I was going to bench him for his antics but decided against it because i wanted to"...so again you cant prove any of that..neither can I....but out of 32 owners why do only certain ones have this label? Jerry has had this label a long time...again it could be made up but thats ALOT of smoke for no fire...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I actually i said no one is certain, and that is only proof he made the best out of the rules he was given...thats a far cry from.."I was going to bench him for his antics but decided against it because i wanted to"...so again you cant prove any of that..neither can I....but out of 32 owners why do only certain ones have this label? Jerry has had this label a long time...again it could be made up but thats ALOT of smoke for no fire...
Sure but then there is relative certainty. You have perceived labels and your preconceptions which fail to garner traction be it alleged rescinded fines, interfering with playcalls, or this latest bit. None of it provides a shred of evidence under scrutiny You've been provided evidence to the contrary.

And your right you don't feign certainty directly. You use conspiratorial logic: it might be true so lets act like it is. Ends up the same.

Again, you have set a standard where the GM is undermining the HC if he overrules the HC on a roster decision. It speak to a profound ignorance to the relative job responsibilities. Sorry if that comes across as rude but you've ignored it the last 3 times I pointed it out.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Real spoiled. No championships in 29 years!!! Man we are brats
if you extended it just 1 year it is 1 Lombardi in 30 years.

if you extend it 4, it becomes 3 in 33 years.

if you extend it over the life of the club it is 5 in 64 years.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Sure but then there is relative certainty. You have perceived labels and your preconceptions which fail to garner traction be it alleged rescinded fines, interfering with playcalls, or this latest bit. None of it provides a shred of evidence under scrutiny You've been provided evidence to the contrary.

And your right you don't feign certainty directly. You use conspiratorial logic: it might be true so lets act like it is. Ends up the same.

Again, you have set a standard where the GM is undermining the HC if he overrules the HC on a roster decision. It speak to a profound ignorance to the relative job responsibilities. Sorry if that comes across as rude but you've ignored it the last 3 times I pointed it out.
the only relative certainty is Jerry has been the GM for every coach he has had...right or wrong? While Jimmy was here who was selecting players and saying who played and what was the result? Did the rules change as a result of "Credit given" for these victories? The facts are Jerry changed after this and the winning stopped..be rude all you want it still doesnt make you correct....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
the only relative certainty is Jerry has been the GM for every coach he has had...right or wrong? While Jimmy was here who was selecting players and saying who played and what was the result? Did the rules change as a result of "Credit given" for these victories? The facts are Jerry changed after this and the winning stopped..be rude all you want it still doesnt make you correct....
Changed how after what?

I am not giving credit. I am saying that you guys make stuff up in your head that has no verifiable evidence. None. To this point it bears out.

And while the coaches coach the players on the roster and the players play the scheme the coaches coach, the GM manages the roster of players. You still have not reconciled that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This

gtb1943

Reaction score
IT was obvious that BP did not want a team cancer like TO on the Boys and Jethro forced it on him
EVERYONE that was around at that time could see that. Remember BP just calling TO 'The Player'?
Yet some here claim it did not happen
I certainly remember TO looking right at Jethro and saying he would behave
NOT THE COACH

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And it's funny too. You realize that Tom Ciscowski and Gil Brandt were running the scouting department back then right? They were the ones drafting Allen.

They of course get overlooked for Jimmy. Jimmy was not nearly as useful after his first few years and the draft no longer had his previous recruiting class in it.

Jerry of course had his spots picking up Everett in a trade with the Steelers who had previously not worked with their rival Cowboys.

Of course you guys boil it down into the pissing match between Jerry and Jimmy where Jimmy acted like he did it all.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Jerry has final say.

But we all know Stephen and WillM are calling the shots on players.

Btw, Stephen is just like Jerry.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
And it's funny too. You realize that Tom Ciscowski and Gil Brandt were running the scouting department back then right? They were the ones drafting Allen.

They of course get overlooked for Jimmy. Jimmy was not nearly as useful after his first few years and the draft no longer had his previous recruiting class in it.

Jerry of course had his spots picking up Everett in a trade with the Steelers who had previously not worked with their rival Cowboys.

Of course you guys boil it down into the pissing match between Jerry and Jimmy where Jimmy acted like he did it all.
I never said Jimmy should get all the credit I'm saying Jerry changed after the media gave Jimmy credit and has not done things the same....thats from Jerry's own mouth not mine...he will never let a coach be the center of it again..even BP got a little rope for a new stadium then Jerry took the center stage back as soon as he could...