Real NFL Football Team?

Zman5

Reaction score
When is the next time we play an actual NFL Football team? Not sure the Giants would beat the Winnipeg Blue Bombers right now. Do the Commodes count? Or do we have to wait until the Seahags?
I think the Commies lost to the Eagirls only by 3 points in each game. They definitely could beat us but not likely in Dallas.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
When is the next time we play an actual NFL Football team? Not sure the Giants would beat the Winnipeg Blue Bombers right now. Do the Commodes count? Or do we have to wait until the Seahags?
The Commanders can score, so that won't be a cakewalk. The total number of points scored on Thanksgiving will likely be 60+.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think the Commies lost to the Eagirls only by 3 points in each game. They definitely could beat us but not likely in Dallas.
And then proceeded to get rid of their 2 best lineman . Yes they shouldn’t be taken lightly and if the defense don’t come to play it very well could be a loss

If the cowboys don’t beat them and miss the playoffs then it’s on them and they don’t deserve to be in any top tier nfc discussion

Flamma

Reaction score
I thought Josh Dobbs and the Cards would be an easy win. It seemed like the Giants gave up on the season after the loss to the Jets. But Carolina hasn't cashed in their chips yet. Can't sleep on them. We lost to the Cardinals. We can lose to the Panthers.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It's true....you can only play the teams on your schedule.

But as far as the teams on OUR schedule...when is the last time we beat a winning team actually had their starting QB in the game.

How far back do we have to go?

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
The Commanders can score, so that won't be a cakewalk. The total number of points scored on Thanksgiving will likely be 60+.
Sam Howell leads the NFL in passing yards, so don't anyone think that game won't be a battle. They've had a few inexplicable losses (Bears, Giants), but they're averaging 24 points a game this season. Howell was getting sacked at a historic rate, but they really cleaned that up the last few weeks. After giving up 43 sacks in the first seven games, Howell has only been sacked 4 times over the last three games. If the Cowboys defense can get to Howell early and force mistakes, it should be an easy win. If they can't get to Howell, expect a shootout where turnovers will likely determine who wins the game.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Sam Howell leads the NFL in passing yards, so don't anyone think that game won't be a battle. They've had a few inexplicable losses (Bears, Giants), but they're averaging 24 points a game this season. Howell was getting sacked at a historic rate, but they really cleaned that up the last few weeks. After giving up 43 sacks in the first seven games, Howell has only been sacked 4 times over the last three games. If the Cowboys defense can get to Howell early and force mistakes, it should be an easy win. If they can't get to Howell, expect a shootout where turnovers will likely determine who wins the game.
Yeah I could see a 34-27 type of game

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if we lost to them ? Would you not be in here complaining about the team?

Every game is important and how we took care of business should excite you

We did what we should have done
Yes...exactly my point!'

But of course...Very happy for the win. I'd just like to see this kind of dismantlement of bona fide playoff caliber teams.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yes...exactly my point!'

But of course...Very happy for the win. I'd just like to see this kind of dismantlement of bona fide playoff caliber teams.
so would all of us but to be fair they are better teams for a reason. If you look up and down the KC,San Fran,Philly rosters and come away with we are every bit as talented you are fooling yourself.

to beat them we need alot of stuff to go right. We have to play turnover free ball our defense needs create turnovers and not allow them to rack up yardage. We played well enough to win last week which tells me we arent far off. A break here or there and we may very well get that elusive playoff caliber win you seek.

If Our QB and OL can step up on a consistent basis this team should give you hope regardless of who they play.

on another note my hate for OSU players Im gonna put on the back burner for this QB in Houston. I like watching the rookie and how he progresses. He and the texans have a solid future it appears

CWR

Reaction score
Sure. But when do we play the next "not bad" team. The Giants are an abomination. Carolina doesn't look much better. Are the Commanders actual competition? They nearly beat Seattle in their house and hung with the Eagles twice.

Yeah if we are sloppy against Washington it could go sideways.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so would all of us but to be fair they are better teams for a reason. If you look up and down the KC,San Fran,Philly rosters and come away with we are every bit as talented you are fooling yourself.

to beat them we need alot of stuff to go right. We have to play turnover free ball our defense needs create turnovers and not allow them to rack up yardage. We played well enough to win last week which tells me we arent far off. A break here or there and we may very well get that elusive playoff caliber win you seek.

If Our QB and OL can step up on a consistent basis this team should give you hope regardless of who they play.

on another note my hate for OSU players Im gonna put on the back burner for this QB in Houston. I like watching the rookie and how he progresses. He and the texans have a solid future it appears
So when we approach a team like giants with caution....any given sunday....we dont wanna get beat . You even asked me...."what if we had lost".

Means it could happen, right? When is our turn? When do we strike at a good team? Steal one. Become a better team ourselves. When?

I thought cj wasnt ready. Turns out he could be the first good qb from tOSU. :laugh:

starfan1

Reaction score
So when we approach a team like giants with caution....any given sunday....we dont wanna get beat . You even asked me...."what if we had lost".

Means it could happen, right? When is our turn? When do we strike at a good team? Steal one. Become a better team ourselves. When?

I thought cj wasnt ready. Turns out he could be the first good qb from tOSU. :laugh:
football is alot of things IMO talent,coaching, gameplan and execution. Every week you can win and lose depending on things I mentioned. any given sunday is real. I hope it happens this year Steve but i aint holding my breath. Im enjoying the ride. I think the cowboys are the second best team in the NFC if all teams are playing at their potential.

Oh and unfortunately sometimes officiating can play a role

Toro9

Reaction score
Yeah the Giants are in an abysmal state right now. Down two starting corners, a decent QB, the OL... then Barkley went out for a while too. It almost had a preseason feel to it half the time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't give a crap if you are gonna be honest or not. We can't help who we play on the schedule. Had we lost this game or had it been closer than expected e would have never heard the end of it. You play who is on your schedule and the cowboys did that and dominated. I don't hear this nonsense when the Eagles had that crap schedule last year.
They put up 17 because we had our backups in and it was garbage. Did you watch the game? Apparently not
Ooooo...big man here. You a little upset? Giants suck. Sorryto tell you. Ain't nothing wrong with beating a bad team. But don't lie to yourself and say they aren't the worst team in the league right now. Orone of them.

mldardy

Reaction score
Ooooo...big man here. You a little upset? Giants suck. Sorryto tell you. Ain't nothing wrong with beating a bad team. But don't lie to yourself and say they aren't the worst team in the league right now. Orone of them.
The only person upset is you. I don't give a damn how bad the Giants are. They are our division rivals and we kicked their *** for umpteenth time. And I will NEVER shame that.

You initially replied to me with your 'Naw man' crap and keep doing it thinking you are going to change my mind. YOU'RE NOT! I said what I said and meant it.

I can't say the same for you because you are like a little kid trying to convince his little buddy to eat dog food. "Eat it, it's good. Trust me.'

Now I suggest you move on to something else because your replies mean nothing to me.