Realistic trade ideas

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
band aid solution won't help you need to gut out the team and start new

fivetwos

Reaction score
I watched two teams last night that could REALLY use a DE. Seattle and Arizona cant get pressure at all.

I would look to trade both Aldon Smith and Griffin and try to get a 5th or 4th? Get whatever you can.

They should try to resign Gallup at something reasonable first.

Sadly, all these big contracts we just signed we cant get out of for another year.

If someone would take LVE, get rid of him. Trade anyone in the secondary NOT Diggs.
All fair....but Jerry thinks we need all those guys for next year's run.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Any ideas on who to trade?

Everson Griffen is really the only guy with value (a bit) who isn't part of the long term plan. If Dallas had bounced back this week I could have seen them giving up a 4 or 5 for an OT similar to the Michael Bennett trade last year, but now I don't see it. I think Griffen is the only guy they move, guys like Gallup are part of the long term.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The plan at WR needs to be to attempt to retain Gallup at a reasonable cost and pair him w Lamb....and losing the Cooper contract after next year.

Not trading Gallup now for like a 2nd or 3rd.

NO ONE is sending a 1 to Dallas for a #2WR. The only guy that would do that already has him

cowboyec

Reaction score
im not trading Gallup.

poe to the vikings for ot reily reiff.
id make that trade in a heart beat.

aldon smith
everson griffen
poe

id be trying to deal them for some oline help.
id also be raiding other teams practice squads.

but im not trading michael gallup.

Brooksey

Reaction score
You might be able to get a 2nd rounder for Gallup. Amari is signed, plus Cee Dee Lamb and Cedrick Wilson is plenty at WR

brickman

Reaction score
im not trading Gallup.

poe to the vikings for ot reily reiff.
id make that trade in a heart beat.

aldon smith
everson griffen
poe

id be trying to deal them for some oline help.
id also be raiding other teams practice squads.

but im not trading michael gallup.

I’d trade Poe for a bag of footballs. Someone might actually trip over the footballs if you put them in instead of Poe.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Gallup isn't netting a 1.
He'd get you a 3rd easy and maybe a 2nd from BAL who drafts very late.

DLaw could net you an R1 but you eat a lot of cash to make the trade and lose your best defender.

Aldon Smith is worth trading if you can't verbally agree to extend him but he's only giving you like a conditional 5th as a rental.

Sean Lee might net you a similar conditional 5/6 pick.

The problem for DAL is they don't have much to trade. guys like Tyron Smith are already out injured.
Other guys have questionable value.
And you can't just eat a ton of cap space because of the lower cap next year.

3 trades I could see:
Aldon Smith to SEA for a conditional 5th.
Sean Lee to KC for a conditional 6th.
Cam Erving to PHI for a conditional 5th.

Nothing that moves the needle. But guys who are surplus to the plans next year when injured dudes are back or costs goes up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I’d trade Poe for a bag of footballs. Someone might actually trip over the footballs if you put them in instead of Poe.
At this point you might have to "tip" someone to take Poe.
He's been that bad and he isn't that cheap.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's too many holes and the Jones boys have squandered so much salary cap money on under performers and offensive linemen who we will be paying for 2 years after they've retired (Tyron S. & L. Collins). The Jones boys have a serious rebuilding job ahead of them and no skills to rebuild it.
:hammer:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You might be able to get a 2nd rounder for Gallup. Amari is signed, plus Cee Dee Lamb and Cedrick Wilson is plenty at WR
No idea why DAL would do that.

Gallup is ALREADY better than about 70% of our 2nd round picks historically and he's just getting started.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Guys who can net you a 1:

Dak --probably a 1 and 3 for a team picking outside the top 10 like Chicago. Could get Mitch and a 1 IMHO but would be insane to take that mess.
DLaw
Martin
Amari
CeeDee

Guys who can net you a 2:

Zeke --we eat a lot of money
Gallup
La'el
Diggs
Chido--possibly. He's very borderline 2/3.

This team just isn't that talented and a lot of the talent is injured.

Brooksey

Reaction score
No idea why DAL would do that.

Gallup is ALREADY better than about 70% of our 2nd round picks historically and he's just getting started.

Why because we don't need him. Cooper, Cee Dee and Cedrick Wilson are just fine, we need a defensive starter, not Gallup

Brooksey

Reaction score
Guys who can net you a 1:

Dak --probably a 1 and 3 for a team picking outside the top 10 like Chicago. Could get Mitch and a 1 IMHO but would be insane to take that mess.
DLaw
Martin
Amari
CeeDee

Guys who can net you a 2:

Zeke --we eat a lot of money
Gallup
La'el
Diggs
Chido--possibly. He's very borderline 2/3.

This team just isn't that talented and a lot of the talent is injured.

Were not getting a 1st round pick for Dlaw or Cooper with their contracts

exciter

Reaction score
I think trading Michael Gallup for a first round pick is a realistic trade idea. The Ravens are all in on a Super Bowl run and they are so desperate for a big play wide receiver, they put Dez on their practice squad. I got sick to my stomach this morning when some former Jet GM says the Cowboys should trade draft picks for Tribisky or Fitzpatrick. Yuck!!!!!

Do you guys have any other ideas?
Why would a GM trade a 1st round pick for someone who’s ceiling is a #2 receiver? Gallup is a nice player but you’re way overvaluing his trade potential! There isn’t going to be some quick fix to this. It’s either revert back to the 43 salvaging what they can in hopes of a 2 year rebuild or continue with Nolans **** and expect 3 to 5. Sorry that’s just the reality we live in!