Reality check for the Jaylon Smith/LVE experiment

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Supposedly they knew about the spinal stenosis issue.

Aka the red flags before the draft.

The injury he had in college was diagnosed as a stinger
Stinger/pinched nerve, either or, but you are correct, that was the pre draft diagnosis.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In all fairness, LVE broke his collarbone which has nothing to do with his recently surgically repaired neck.
In all fairness, LVE looks to be made of glass.

He certainly bears that look, judging from his recent history. A middle linebacker with brittle bones isn't likely to enjoy a long career.

JBond

Reaction score
Both lost on many, many plays.. Dallas' defense will be the teams Achilles heal once again. And Dak will get all the blame. Just as Romo did. Rinse and repeat.

Now, now, before you haters come, yes, Dak will deserve some of the blame, not the landside he is getting right now, but, of course some.. Just as Romo deserved some of the blame.
Our Line Backers suck. No doubt about that. Dak also has a horrific second half. Both can be true.

If we stick with Dak we need to draft a real MLB. The best in the nation.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
From the looks of things, LVE really gives the impression of a guy with brittle bones. Playing at MLB might just not be his niche. Maybe a switch to TE would offer him better longevity?! Otherwise, an early retirement would seem to be a distinct possibility.
Tell you what Bullflop, we have one difficult venture when attempting to draft a healthy LB theses days, and why I posted yesterday to just pull the plug and bring Bernard up from the PS.
Jerry drilled a lot of dry holes in his time, but he eventually did hit a gusher.
Seems to be our approach at the moment.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Tell you what Bullflop, we have one difficult venture when attempting to draft a healthy LB theses days, and why I posted yesterday to just pull the plug and bring Bernard up from the PS.
Jerry drilled a lot of dry holes in his time, but he eventually did hit a gusher.
Seems to be our approach at the moment.

Agreed. As badly as we need another TE, perhaps it would be worth the time and effort to switch Van Esch to TE. MLB really doesn't agree with him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He certainly bears that look, judging from his recent history. A middle linebacker with brittle bones isn't likely to enjoy a long career.
Recent history has certainly been kicking this team square in the baggage at LB health.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Agreed. As badly as we need another TE, perhaps it would be worth the time and effort to switch him to TE. MLB really doesn't seem his niche.
He couldnt do any worse than a Lefluer or Bjornson... lol
Sorry for the bad humor this morning,, just still feeling the angst.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He couldnt do any worse than a Lefluer or Bjornson... lol
Sorry for the bad humor this morning,, just still feeling the angst.

I'm sure Mike McCarthy is feeling it far worse than we are right now! ;)

I'm actually thinking of returning to being "entertained," from now on.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Both average time to upgrade.
With the expanded practice squads, I was wondering why we didnt find anyone other than Smith from Chicago, and that got me to thinking about the new rules that are in place regarding the PS.
As far as protecting PS players.
I honestly dont know, and maybe @xwalker can step in and clarify.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm sure Mike McCarthy is feeling it far worse than we are right now! ;)

I'm actually thinking of returning to being "entertained," from now on.
That is actually a very realistic mind set,, requires much less medication.
Im going fishing this morning,, will be thinking of BP while Im trying to catch a Big Tuna.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Called this before the season started, was even asking for a LB early in the draft along with QB and DT.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That is actually a very realistic mind set,, requires much less medication.
Im going fishing this morning,, will be thinking of BP while Im trying to catch a Big Tuna.

Should be a great way to forget about the Cowboys, if only for a little while!

This website isn't the most pleasant place to visit after a devastating loss! ;)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Called this before the season started, was even asking for a LB early in the draft along with QB and DT.

Too bad we can't trade for another front office to manage this team the way it needs to be managed! :rolleyes:

These fake football guys are perpetrating a slow death on the Cowboys' franchise. Gotta live with it, tho!

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Should be a great way to forget about the Cowboys, if only for a little while!

This website isn't the most pleasant place to visit after a devastating loss! ;)
I call it entertainment lol. I can only imagine those who have their favorite, never do any wrong players, take everything to heart and find it "toxic".

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I call it entertainment lol. I can only imagine those who have their favorite, never do any wrong players, take everything to heart and find it "toxic".

I hope Big Mike is able to retain his positive-thinking mind and avoid letting our "toxic" fans' attitude get to him. His job's a tough one!