Reality is this team typically fails in these spots

Sydla

Reaction score
They just do in recent years.

This is an opportunity to change that. We had an opportunity earlier this year in San Fran and got run off the field from the opening kick off. We cannot let that happen again on Sunday. A loss on Sunday, is tough. But a non-competitive loss, really just sets the stage for another one of those seasons where the Cowboys are good but just not good enough.

I wouldn't call this a must win but it's a must "show up" game. A loss is tough because it puts you 2 games back and while Philly has a guantlet themselves, we do coming later in the year. But a loss is at least manageable to a point. A blow out loss? It's just the continuation of the same **** we've seen year after year - that this team, when in a big spot, just spits the bit.

Change that on Sunday. We shouldn't be intimidated by playing in Philly, as we've won there before. We have the horses to win, even if one concludes Philly has a bit more talent. We have the playmakers on both sides to make impact plays that can change the outcome. So do it. Send a message. Think like 2014 when we went into Seattle and won that game and sent a message that we were legit.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

This is an opportunity to change that. We had an opportunity earlier this year in San Fran and got run off the field from the opening kick off. We cannot let that happen again on Sunday. A loss on Sunday, is tough. But a non-competitive loss, really just sets the stage for another one of those seasons where the Cowboys are good but just not good enough.

I wouldn't call this a must win but it's a must "show up" game. A loss is tough because it puts you 2 games back and while Philly has a guantlet themselves, we do coming later in the year. But a loss is at least manageable to a point. A blow out loss? It's just the continuation of the same **** we've seen year after year - that this team, when in a big spot, just spits the bit.

Change that on Sunday. We shouldn't be intimidated by playing in Philly, as we've won there before. We have the horses to win, even if one concludes Philly has a bit more talent. We have the playmakers on both sides to make impact plays that can change the outcome. So do it. Send a message. Think like 2014 when we went into Seattle and won that game and sent a message that we were legit.
If the Cowboys want it, they'll need to take it, nothing will be given to us. I hope they come out aggressive and do what they've done to other teams that we've put big points up against. Beat the water out of them lol

Sydla

Reaction score
If the Cowboys want it, they'll need to take it, nothing will be given to us. I hope they come out aggressive and do what they've done to other teams that we've put big points up against. Beat the water out of them lol
Aggressive but not the point of being stupid, which frankly, McCarthy can tend to do.

I am gonna lose my **** if we see a bunch of those non-contact fouls like lining/jumping offsides, false starts, etc. Philly is too good to think you can go in there and get away with stupid crap like that.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We are rounding into form after the San Fran debacle. While they are looking like that was their Super Bowl. Maybe that was part of it.

We’ve got a damn good shot Sunday.

Bold prediction: Sam Williams 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Oh well at least this hasn't been covered 50,000 times.

Why do you people always make the same thread about how the Cowboys can't win? Why watch?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Aggressive but not the point of being stupid, which frankly, McCarthy can tend to do.

I am gonna lose my **** if we see a bunch of those non-contact fouls like lining/jumping offsides, false starts, etc. Philly is too good to think you can go in there and get away with stupid crap like that.
POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have to be disciplined, it's a must!!!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh well at least this hasn't been covered 50,000 times.

Why do you people always make the same thread about how the Cowboys can't win? Why watch?
I have concluded that you might be the worst person on this board when it comes to reading comprehension, maybe moreso than Rockport, which should embarrass you.

Where in my post did I say the Cowboys can't win?

In fact, I said the exact opposite. I said they have the horses and playmakers to do it. So go do it.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I have concluded that you might be the worst person on this board when it comes to reading comprehension, maybe moreso than Rockport, which should embarrass you.

Where in my post did I say the Cowboys can't win?

In fact, I said the exact opposite.
To be fair, I didn't read it.

All you're doing is building for the "I told you so"

Sydla

Reaction score
To be fair, I didn't read it.

All you're doing is building for the "I told you so"
LOL.

Way to out yourself. Look at me, I am gonna rant about what I think a post said, didn't actually read the post and now look kinda foolish.

The words you are looking for are, "Whoops, my bad, I should have read the post. That's on me."

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
LOL.

Way to out yourself. Look at me, I am gonna rant about what I think a post said, didn't actually read the post and now look kinda foolish.

The words you are looking for are, "Whoops, my bad, I should have read the post. That's on me."
Yea I don't care.

It's a stupid thread where nuance doesn't matter because the point is that you want to say "I told you so" on Monday.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It is. FACT!

We said we'd change things at the 9ers this year. Play pissed. Look what happened.

Excuse me...that I'll wait to believe it until they show me.

Oh yes...I'll cheer them on as hard as anyone!

Sydla

Reaction score
Yea I don't care.

It's a stupid thread where nuance doesn't matter because the point is that you want to say "I told you so" on Monday.
LOL.

Doubling down on your goofiness. It's OK. Everyone sees that you ranted about something you didn't read, admitted it and now look like silly. Don't blame anyone else but yourself on this one.