Reality is this team typically fails in these spots

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
LOL.

Doubling down on your goofiness. It's OK. Everyone sees that you ranted about something you didn't read, admitted it and now look like silly. Don't blame anyone else but yourself on this one.
I don't care if it's goofy, I'm not wrong lol

It's not like there's any insight I missed

fivetwos

Reaction score
If they win it proves nothing yet (given recent history), lose and they probably are a WC team and are eliminated at some point before the NFC title game.

After SF, they need a statement win badly, but they can’t treat it like their Super Bowl if they get it. Still a long way to go and hard work to do.

Those are things that a HC needs to strive to communicate to the players, and exactly what Jerry undermines at the same time by trying to tell the world what a great job he is doing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s really tough trying to predict. But I trust my instincts . And feel we have a legit shot.

I’ll say this that if we can pressure their QB and protect our QB , create a turnover or two while not committing any.. I like our chances .

When our defense scores or sets us up to score with turnovers we are a much better team with the lead.

But if we get behind early or struggle moving the ball then I don’t like our chances .

Once we get the lead our defense can take over .

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Wah, wah.

I don't like this post!!!!

Did you read it?

No.

Oh.

And yet you think you came out looking good here.
Nope, don't think I look good. It's a stupid convo.

But I don't mind hopping on the low road.

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s really tough trying to predict. But I trust my instincts . And feel we have a legit shot.

I’ll say this that if we can pressure their QB and protect our QB , create a turnover or two while not committing any.. I like our chances .

When our defense scores or sets us up to score with turnovers we are a much better team with the lead.

But if we get behind early or struggle moving the ball then I don’t like our chances .

Once we get the lead our defense can take over .
First 2-3 of drives, especially on offense, will likely tell the tale. You can almost tell from the get go which Dak you are going to get.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If you think the Cowboys should win in Philadelphia, your emotions and desires are running contrary to the folks who set the betting lines who know the unlikely victory by the road team and have nothing invested in the decision other than cold facts. Yes, we hope our team beats the odds and wins this battle on the road, but they are not supposed to win, and barring a lopsided wipeout, it is no statement on the team whatsoever. When Philly comes to Texas to play on our home field, we will be the favorites, and that game will indeed be a statement on who we are. A victory in Philly on Sunday should be a pleasant surprise that is unexpected.

Two good divisional rivals play a football game. The home team wins most of the time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They just do in recent years.

This is an opportunity to change that. We had an opportunity earlier this year in San Fran and got run off the field from the opening kick off. We cannot let that happen again on Sunday. A loss on Sunday, is tough. But a non-competitive loss, really just sets the stage for another one of those seasons where the Cowboys are good but just not good enough.

I wouldn't call this a must win but it's a must "show up" game. A loss is tough because it puts you 2 games back and while Philly has a guantlet themselves, we do coming later in the year. But a loss is at least manageable to a point. A blow out loss? It's just the continuation of the same **** we've seen year after year - that this team, when in a big spot, just spits the bit.

Change that on Sunday. We shouldn't be intimidated by playing in Philly, as we've won there before. We have the horses to win, even if one concludes Philly has a bit more talent. We have the playmakers on both sides to make impact plays that can change the outcome. So do it. Send a message. Think like 2014 when we went into Seattle and won that game and sent a message that we were legit.
They do. To me the Cowboys have the better coaching staff....but it finally has to show. Eagles have the better roster....that doesn't mean we can't win the best roster doesn't always win but for sure we are facing a better team on paper then we will be. And they are on the road. It would be nice to steal it but I can't say this is a must win. The next meeting would turn into one if you lose this one though if you even want chance to win this division.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys run game has me nervous.

Eagles suck on stopping the run on the outside. IF the Cowboys are going to attack their interior its gonna piss me off and yeah we should be nervous. They can be had on the edges.

Aven8

Reaction score
Going to be tough no doubt. I think they will play well because we know them. Both teams are really good so it’s going to be fun. Stealing a win there would be amazing.

Sydla

Reaction score
They do. To me the Cowboys have the better coaching staff....but it finally has to show. Eagles have the better roster....that doesn't mean we can't win the best roster doesn't always win but for sure we are facing a better team on paper then we will be. And they are on the road. It would be nice to steal it but I can't say this is a must win. The next meeting would turn into one if you lose this one though if you even want chance to win this division.
IMO, this is debatable. Quinn certainly has a leg up on the Eagles new DC but Sirianni and his new OC still seem to be getting a lot of out of the offense and I am not sure McCarthy and Schottenheimer would be doing the same thing in Philly.

McCarthy to me has always been "blah". But on the flipside, he isn't the total dbag Sirianni is on the sideline with all his antics and motions.

John813

Reaction score
Dallas was in a similar spot last year vs the Eagles and won.

I think they don't really "choke" vs NCFE opponents. It's really just Arizona in Arizona and the 49ers where this team just can't get it done.

Bagman

Reaction score
They just do in recent years.

This is an opportunity to change that. We had an opportunity earlier this year in San Fran and got run off the field from the opening kick off. We cannot let that happen again on Sunday. A loss on Sunday, is tough. But a non-competitive loss, really just sets the stage for another one of those seasons where the Cowboys are good but just not good enough.

I wouldn't call this a must win but it's a must "show up" game. A loss is tough because it puts you 2 games back and while Philly has a guantlet themselves, we do coming later in the year. But a loss is at least manageable to a point. A blow out loss? It's just the continuation of the same **** we've seen year after year - that this team, when in a big spot, just spits the bit.

Change that on Sunday. We shouldn't be intimidated by playing in Philly, as we've won there before. We have the horses to win, even if one concludes Philly has a bit more talent. We have the playmakers on both sides to make impact plays that can change the outcome. So do it. Send a message. Think like 2014 when we went into Seattle and won that game and sent a message that we were legit.
Great post ! Been saying that to a friend of mine. Winning is the ultimate goal and I won't be happy with any type of loss. But it is also very important that this team "shows up" for this game. They need to look this team in the eye and fight them.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put up or shut up enough already with these guys!!!!
Beating Dog Teams is for our homer fans exclusively to celebrate now it's time to show us you can beat a real team this Sunday!

Last edited:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
First 2-3 of drives, especially on offense, will likely tell the tale. You can almost tell from the get go which Dak you are going to get.
just make it to halftime with a lead or at worst within 1 score.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
IMO, this is debatable. Quinn certainly has a leg up on the Eagles new DC but Sirianni and his new OC still seem to be getting a lot of out of the offense and I am not sure McCarthy and Schottenheimer would be doing the same thing in Philly.

McCarthy to me has always been "blah". But on the flipside, he isn't the total dbag Sirianni is on the sideline with all his antics and motions.
I don't think much of Siranni but I surely won't argue if anyone says he's a better offensive coach than McCarthy. But he's not battling McCarthy he's battling Dan Quinn and I believe Dan Quinn vs Sirrani or Johnson is a W for the Cowboys. You'd probably have to give the edge to their DC over offense...he did shut down the Miami Dolphins and did it with a patchwork group but at the same time....i've seen them get lit up by Kirk Cousins, Sam Howell TWICE, Mac Jones.......I see no reason to believe why our unit can't have similar success.

Then special teams i'd give us the edge there.