Reality is this team typically fails in these spots

Sydla

Reaction score
You can’t play that game dude .. one game does not translate to another. It be like an Eagles fan saying they lost to Arizona, Therefore we will kick their butts.

That said, I am curiously optimistic for this game… But 90% of the time over the last decade or so my optimism, means that we lose… Usually badly.
The Eagles secondary has had their issues at times this year, with the Wash game being the latest example. So yeah, there are plays out there to be made against them if McCarthy calls a good game and Dak is fairly sharp.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Not really. Dallas wins when it isn't crucial to win and loses when it is. We'll win Sunday because that's how we roll.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The Eagles secondary has had their issues at times this year, with the Wash game being the latest example. So yeah, there are plays out there to be made against them if McCarthy calls a good game and Dak is fairly sharp.
Oh, I believe there a plays out there to be made… But I wouldn’t point out a single game result as evidence in supporting it… it is more looking at the first eight games so far and seeing a pattern of poor pass defense.

Edit. Which is what you’re saying here, so yeah, I totally agree with you.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
They just do in recent years.

This is an opportunity to change that. We had an opportunity earlier this year in San Fran and got run off the field from the opening kick off. We cannot let that happen again on Sunday. A loss on Sunday, is tough. But a non-competitive loss, really just sets the stage for another one of those seasons where the Cowboys are good but just not good enough.

I wouldn't call this a must win but it's a must "show up" game. A loss is tough because it puts you 2 games back and while Philly has a guantlet themselves, we do coming later in the year. But a loss is at least manageable to a point. A blow out loss? It's just the continuation of the same **** we've seen year after year - that this team, when in a big spot, just spits the bit.

Change that on Sunday. We shouldn't be intimidated by playing in Philly, as we've won there before. We have the horses to win, even if one concludes Philly has a bit more talent. We have the playmakers on both sides to make impact plays that can change the outcome. So do it. Send a message. Think like 2014 when we went into Seattle and won that game and sent a message that we were legit.
I agree, we have spit the bit in the past.
We have a chance to change the narrative.

Let's seize the day!!!!

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the receivers create separation and the OL holds up. It's those two things I'm more worried about. I'll agree that the receivers creating separation bit is closely related with the McCarthy game plan bit.