Reality is this team typically fails in these spots

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dallas was in a similar spot last year vs the Eagles and won.

I think they don't really "choke" vs NCFE opponents. It's really just Arizona in Arizona and the 49ers where this team just can't get it done.
Yeah I think the whole division aspect of it....you're gonna get a hard fought game. Throw records out the window. If its a blowout then yeah I just have nothing left to say. I can understand a loss but if you can't get up to play a divisional game against a rival then there's some internal issues here with some of these guys.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak has a really good record vs the rest of the NFCE. He has his flaws, but it’s rare for him to get embarrassed by a division rival.

Philly is a great team, and their stadium will be a tough place to play. Very challenging road win to come away with

This team will deserve a lot of credit if they do pull off the upset.

I agree with the OP. Dallas has struggled in big spots against good defenses. They already cratered once in SF— what kind of effort and product do they put on the field on Sunday?

A non-competitive L will reinforce all of the negatives, a close L will maintain status quo in terms of momentum— but really hurt in the standings in terms of competing for the division, but a W will elevate this team in a lot of ways and put them right into the thick of things in the NFC.

Hoping Dak and the team bring their best on Sunday. This game means more to Dallas than Philly at this point

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A loss on Sunday, is tough. But a non-competitive loss, really just sets the stage for another one of those seasons where the Cowboys are good but just not good enough.

I wouldn't call this a must win but it's a must "show up" game.
Cowboys need to change the narrative. This is a must show up game. They only play 3-4 of those this year. A non-competitive loss would be so bad considering the non-competitive loss at SF.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL.

Doubling down on your goofiness. It's OK. Everyone sees that you ranted about something you didn't read, admitted it and now look like silly. Don't blame anyone else but yourself on this one.

I think he is feeling froggy today. lol. He tried that crap with me just a few minutes ago.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They just do in recent years.

This is an opportunity to change that. We had an opportunity earlier this year in San Fran and got run off the field from the opening kick off. We cannot let that happen again on Sunday. A loss on Sunday, is tough. But a non-competitive loss, really just sets the stage for another one of those seasons where the Cowboys are good but just not good enough.

I wouldn't call this a must win but it's a must "show up" game. A loss is tough because it puts you 2 games back and while Philly has a guantlet themselves, we do coming later in the year. But a loss is at least manageable to a point. A blow out loss? It's just the continuation of the same **** we've seen year after year - that this team, when in a big spot, just spits the bit.

Change that on Sunday. We shouldn't be intimidated by playing in Philly, as we've won there before. We have the horses to win, even if one concludes Philly has a bit more talent. We have the playmakers on both sides to make impact plays that can change the outcome. So do it. Send a message. Think like 2014 when we went into Seattle and won that game and sent a message that we were legit.
Which "non-competitive losses" have they had in recent years? Surely you can point to several of them? I mean, obviously there's the second Philly game last year, that was a big game, and...oh wait, Dallas won that game. In fact, they didn't get "run off the field" in big games last year at all: every meaningful loss was by one score after the opening-week debacle against TB (sorry, they did lose to Philly by 9 but they were within 3 in the 4th quarter and that was with Cooper Rush). The previous year, they lost by 10 on the road to KC and they lost a tough one by 3 to a good ARI team. Were those "non-competitive losses?" Which "big spots," other than SF this year, are you talking about where they weren't competitive?

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I have concluded that you might be the worst person on this board when it comes to reading comprehension, maybe moreso than Rockport, which should embarrass you.
That's a low blow, bro. Lol.

StarLord

Reaction score
I've been bitten just too many times at this point. Like we all knew DEEP down what was going to happen against SF, right?

No matter how I might try to convince myself otherwise, I know deep down they will come up short in these situations

It will probably take some consistent winning in the spotlight to alleviate this to be honest.

Jipper

Reaction score
I agree - i expect a 38-16 type of blow out with a late TD making it look a lot better for the cowboys than it really was...

I guess its good to have very low expectations,

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yea I don't care.

It's a stupid thread where nuance doesn't matter because the point is that you want to say "I told you so" on Monday.
Stupid is claiming a thread is about something it's not.

Even more stupid is doing so when you didn't even bother to read it.

The most stupid is claiming you didn't read it because it's stupid after admitting you didn't read it and don't know what it's about.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Eagles suck on stopping the run on the outside. IF the Cowboys are going to attack their interior its gonna piss me off and yeah we should be nervous. They can be had on the edges.
In general. Dallas did an awful job at solidifying the RB group. In the offseason, many were content with Pollard. And now the team rushing production is terrible.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In general. Dallas did an awful job at solidifying the RB group. In the offseason, many were content with Pollard. And now the team rushing production is terrible.
I mean the run blocking is the main culprit but even then I expected them to address RB earlier on. I'm fine with taking Deuce in the 6th but I would've addressed it before then as well.

Pollard coming off injury was probably wishful thinking.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Washington almost dropped 500 yards and 31 points on them. If Dak plays smartly and well, there are points out there.

But, he's also part of the whole, we typically fail in these spots debate.
You can’t play that game dude .. one game does not translate to another. It be like an Eagles fan saying they lost to Arizona, Therefore we will kick their butts.

That said, I am curiously optimistic for this game… But 90% of the time over the last decade or so my optimism, means that we lose… Usually badly.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I agree - i expect a 38-16 type of blow out with a late TD making it look a lot better for the cowboys than it really was...

I guess its good to have very low expectations,
Yikes

Sure hope it doesn't go down like that

Philly seems flawed to me, so that would be a surprise

Plankton

Reaction score
This game will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage. Stopping the Eagle run game and protecting Prescott will be key. Will be interesting to see who plays left tackle on Sunday.

Mark

Reaction score
The Cowboys haven't won a legit* game in Philly since beating the Carson Wentz-led Eagles in 2018.

*On Jan. 8, 2022, DAL beat PHI on the road, in a game where the Eagles were resting starters, having clinched a wild-card playoff spot.

Jipper

Reaction score
Yikes

Sure hope it doesn't go down like that

Philly seems flawed to me, so that would be a surprise
yeah, i hope it doesn't go that way either but unfortunately it is my expectation after watching the SF game. I really need to see Dak and co win in a prime spot against a top tier team before I am going to go back down the path of having any expectations....i don't know why but that loss to SF was like the straw that broke the camels back for me, for some reason.

Sydla

Reaction score
Which "non-competitive losses" have they had in recent years? Surely you can point to several of them? I mean, obviously there's the second Philly game last year, that was a big game, and...oh wait, Dallas won that game. In fact, they didn't get "run off the field" in big games last year at all: every meaningful loss was by one score after the opening-week debacle against TB (sorry, they did lose to Philly by 9 but they were within 3 in the 4th quarter and that was with Cooper Rush). The previous year, they lost by 10 on the road to KC and they lost a tough one by 3 to a good ARI team. Were those "non-competitive losses?" Which "big spots," other than SF this year, are you talking about where they weren't competitive?
I didn't say all their big losses were non-competitive. I said in the context of this season, another non-competitive loss like the San Fran games sets this season up to likely be one of those fizzle out seasons we've become so accustomed to.