CFZ Really believe the Cowboys should follow the 49ers template or their offense!

JBS

Reaction score
It's a great, deep TE class this year. The likes the Kittles, Kelce, Gronk were all not first rd picks. There is a very good chance we can get a good one this yr.
TE class is very strong. Doesn’t mean it’s easy to get a first ballot hall of famer, which all of those guys are

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only way to succeed is to not allow Dak to change the plays at the line and make complex decisions. Give him brain dead plays that require check 1 check 2 dump. Nothing more. He’s not mentally or physically capable of doing what most intelligent qb’s can do.
Ya, the mouthbreather is on the slow side......I mean he makes Deer in the headlights look calm...... :muttley:
P.S. Look at that sweat all over his face......kinda tells the tale of Panic Dak!!!
6021ee774f6a65999bb349daec401ed1.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys were 51% pass to 49% run this past season? Surprised? Me too, my perception was they passed a lot more than they ran the ball.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
TE class is very strong. Doesn’t mean it’s easy to get a first ballot hall of famer, which all of those guys are
Don’t think Kittles is a 1st ballot hall of gamer, lol. He has had a few injury riddled seasons

blueblood70

Reaction score
Keep dak at 25 or less attempts a game and power running. I like it and I think we can win this way
umm no that nit a plan that cant happen every game. but under 40 would be nice and 30 as an average mean..that more realistic. Stay around 30 most games with string run game but some games where the defense isnt stopping teams you have to be able to open it up and score and Daks more than capable.,

I saw many game our offense had close to 60 plays no team can average 35-40 runs every game without threat of a pass or to do it efficiently. 30-30 is nice if you can swing it. we do not need to be MORFE balanced over 17 game run pass was pretty balanced but we need a better efficient run game, more schemed and planned runs that arent the 5 staple runs in every pay book. that's been Moores biggest issues abandon the run when its tough and not be able to find more run plays that could beat the defense they are facing.

shabazz

Reaction score
Keep dak at 25 or less attempts a game and power running. I like it and I think we can win this way
The sad part is that the team is slotted to pay a Qb 49 Million next year that only threw the ball an average of 33 time per game and still led the league in picks…..and now 33 seems to many attempts

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sad part is that the team is slotted to pay a Qb 49 Million next year that only threw the ball an average of 33 time per game and still led the league in picks…..and now 33 seems to many attempts

That Sir for the lack of a better word is the status of our dysfunctional franchise.......simply PATHETIC!
Now pay the bum 100 million more $ the next 2 years!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
49ers are known to be a very physical, run first team. Their success on the ground goes hand in hand with their passing game. All their skill players strength lies with their ability to get yards after the catch. They went to a Super Bowl with a game manager and almost did it again with a QB that was the last pick in the draft.

Fix their run game-starts with having a better rushing plan and then finding the right personnel. Pollard could be that homerun back and really be a weapon as a receiver. Draft a physical, change of pace back to replace Zeke with. Look to improve the interior of our OL. Find lineman who can get a consistent push in the run game and are athletic enough to hit moving targets in space. Incorporate a Full Back.

Find receivers who excel in gaining yards after catch. Remember, the WCO is more of a short passing offense that relies on their receivers to take a 5 yard catch and turn it into a 20 one. Look for physical specimens to can go get the football and rack up yards in the open field.
How long's that going to take, you're looking for 5/6 players and that's just on the Offense?

T-RO

Reaction score
Which tells me you have to have a good qb lol. Dak can get us to the playoffs but that is his ceiling.
Maybe it is realistically his ceiling.

Maybe with a get-open fast receiver like Cooper he can go further.

Winning a Super Bowl is very, very, very hard...even with a top four QB.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
.....then we need to address the hidden OL problems.
Have at it. Draft, stay active in free agency but for gods sake stop relying on this idea that Dak Precott's going to win a must win game on the strength of his arm.

T-RO

Reaction score
All these “analytics” folks seem to overlook a very simple logical stat. The fewer possessions your opponent gets, the less chance of scoring they will have. Period. Parcells won 10 games with an XFL caliber roster in 2003 by following this mindset. Its just smart football.
Analytics guy here. Let's do some math/logic, shall we?

If your opponent gets fewer possessions, so do you. It doesn't give you more possessions than the other team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
100%. running attacks travel well. if we can run and play decent defense, we can have a chance.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think we might take another olineman at 26. Its a need. If the right fit is there, watch that.

Havic

Reaction score
Maybe it is realistically his ceiling.

Maybe with a get-open fast receiver like Cooper he can go further.

Winning a Super Bowl is very, very, very hard...even with a top four QB.
True but at least a team like the Chiefs with Mahomes (No get open fast WR now that Hill is gone) consistently make it to the AFCCG

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Not really not far away, OL is the hardest part and we are almost there.
Let's see some specific's rather than sweeping generalizations. To improve the Offense to that degree you're going to need to do it via the draft (even with Dak's restructure).

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Analytics guy here. Let's do some math/logic, shall we?

If your opponent gets fewer possessions, so do you. It doesn't give you more possessions than the other team.
Right. It gives you longer possessions which equal a worn down D on the other side and a fresher D on your side. You need to get an old school calculator and scrap that fancy new math one!