CFZ Really believe the Cowboys should follow the 49ers template or their offense!

Cmac

Reaction score
Have at it. Draft, stay active in free agency but for gods sake stop relying on this idea that Dak Precott's going to win a must win game on the strength of his arm.
I can't argue that......agree. Then we're headed to the right direction hopefully......balanced offense. Everytime I saw Dak with high yardage & TDs, it appeared to be Fool's Gold against formidable teams. The running game got neglected the moment Kellen Moore took over the offense. I'd say stop relying on the idea the Team is going to win a must win game on the strength of just passing.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
This is the most prevailing myth on this forum. This stuff does not work, boys!

The only teams that averaged less than 30 passes a game this season?

Falcons--losing season
Bears--losing season
Ravens-lost Wild card round
Panthers--losing season
Titans--losing season

Only woeful Bears and Falcons average less than 30 passes...and why? They have no QB and no shot.
Yep. You can't hide your quarterback in big games.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Let's see some specific's rather than sweeping generalizations. To improve the Offense to that degree you're going to need to do it via the draft (even with Dak's restructure).
I do feel they are going to either sign or trade for a legitimate #2 receiver. They did look into signing Beckham and trading for Cooks/Juedy last season. Take care of that and then you take advantage of a strong RB/TE class in the draft. The OL could use another interior starter, but they can be found outside of the premium picks. Figure if Tyron returns, our top 5 when Steele comes back can be real good.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
49ers are known to be a very physical, run first team. Their success on the ground goes hand in hand with their passing game. All their skill players strength lies with their ability to get yards after the catch. They went to a Super Bowl with a game manager and almost did it again with a QB that was the last pick in the draft.

Fix their run game-starts with having a better rushing plan and then finding the right personnel. Pollard could be that homerun back and really be a weapon as a receiver. Draft a physical, change of pace back to replace Zeke with. Look to improve the interior of our OL. Find lineman who can get a consistent push in the run game and are athletic enough to hit moving targets in space. Incorporate a Full Back.

Find receivers who excel in gaining yards after catch. Remember, the WCO is more of a short passing offense that relies on their receivers to take a 5 yard catch and turn it into a 20 one. Look for physical specimens to can go get the football and rack up yards in the open field.
100%. Defense is already good, just needs a few tweaks. Offensive line is young for the most part. Dak better than any other options right now. Be nice to have a Kittles or Deebo though. And running game not a lock with Pollard’s injury and free agency.

GMO415

Reaction score
49ers are known to be a very physical, run first team. Their success on the ground goes hand in hand with their passing game. All their skill players strength lies with their ability to get yards after the catch. They went to a Super Bowl with a game manager and almost did it again with a QB that was the last pick in the draft.

Fix their run game-starts with having a better rushing plan and then finding the right personnel. Pollard could be that homerun back and really be a weapon as a receiver. Draft a physical, change of pace back to replace Zeke with. Look to improve the interior of our OL. Find lineman who can get a consistent push in the run game and are athletic enough to hit moving targets in space. Incorporate a Full Back.

Find receivers who excel in gaining yards after catch. Remember, the WCO is more of a short passing offense that relies on their receivers to take a 5 yard catch and turn it into a 20 one. Look for physical specimens to can go get the football and rack up yards in the open field.
Let's be honest. The Cowboys were a run heavy team under Garrett and 75% of the fans hated it.

conner01

Reaction score

They actually threw more than they ran but not by much
The key is running effectively. Can stick with the run if it’s not working
But I think lamb and Gallup are good fits
Gallup runs good slants and lamb has really good RAC ability
Fixing the run blocking scheme is important and I think that’s why they made so many staff changes
My only fear with MM is he totally abandoned the run a lot in GB

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They actually threw more than they ran but not by much
The key is running effectively. Can stick with the run if it’s not working
But I think lamb and Gallup are good fits
Gallup runs good slants and lamb has really good RAC ability
Fixing the run blocking scheme is important and I think that’s why they made so many staff changes
My only fear with MM is he totally abandoned the run a lot in GB
that might of been more about having Rodgers

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No running game on the planet is going to work if the defense has no fear of passing

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Let's be honest. The Cowboys were a run heavy team under Garrett and 75% of the fans hated it.

Play design with Garrett was too simple and also running it nearly every first down play and being predictable is not what people want.

I think Cowboy fans want an offense like the Rams or 9ers run.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Completely agree. My teams would be built just like Niners. Physical running teams with a top 3 defense that can stop the run. Play action big play passing game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Play design with Garrett was too simple and also running it nearly every first down play and being predictable is not what people want.

I think Cowboy fans want an offense like the Rams or 9ers run.
The Niners defense is what made them so special. Offense was a side note

khiladi

Reaction score
Take the ball out of Dak Prescott’s hands, make him throw very selectively on certain plays. A punishing run game that moves the chains on first and second down limiting the need for 3rd and longs only way Dak can be effective.
They made him a game manager his first few years here and he choked like usual. Dak’s limitations are his limitations.