Really hope Cowboys don't touch Zaven Collins

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Seems like he could fill multiple roles in a defense that wants to be multiple, much like Neal, who will do safety and LB.

He has a lot of skills but eventually, the team will want him to rush the QB if he can excel there. Think Mathews in GB. I think that's what they are trying to find if they take him.

JMO

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He has a lot of skills but eventually, the team will want him to rush the QB if he can excel there. Think Mathews in GB. I think that's what they are trying to find if they take him.

JMO
Do you think that Quinn’s defense is ever going to send an OLB after the QB anywhere close to as often as Matthews rushed the passer in Dom Capers 34 scheme?

I don’t think it would be even close to as often.

If the plan is to send him after the QB, then I feel differently about him as a pick for Dallas. That I could get behind... but I just can’t see it.

Gaede

Reaction score
Do you think that Quinn’s defense is ever going to send an OLB after the QB anywhere close to as often as Matthews rushed the passer in Dom Capers 34 scheme?

I don’t think it would be even close to as often.

If the plan is to send him after the QB, then I feel differently about him as a pick for Dallas. That I could get behind... but I just can’t see it.

I mean, it's possible he wants to evolve his defense to adapt to today's game. I'd hope so at least.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Does he? I think he's a below average tackler. His single biggest asset IMO is his ability to drop into zone and hands.

I think his extreme size and reach is really going to play in the NFL regardless of form/technique deficiencies. LVE was nothing special as a tackler at Boise State, but as a rookie he just couldn't miss in the open field.