Really liked what I saw from Kelvin Joseph

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Don’t count out Bohanna developing into a pretty good player. He works hard and has a good motor. Give him time. He has played pretty well at times this year. I’m not saying he’s going to be a Pro Bowler, but I think he can be pretty good. And yes, I’m a bit biased being a Kentucky fan but that doesn’t influence my true thoughts on him.

Tyron, Zack, Frederick. All HOF quality. None of them made All Pro before 24. And Tyron was in the league at 21.

Bohanna is only 22. Takes a while for big guys to fully develop their power. Maybe he gets stronger, maybe not, but should be a couple years more before we know what his ceiling is.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I said Parsons was a good sideline to sideline backer who could play downhill, blitz, but struggled in coverage.

I said if he couldn’t impact the pass game than he’s a bust.

I didn’t know he had that kind of potential as a edge rusher. Neither did the NFL or you.

People knew Parsons could rush. But not like this. He goes as the first defender off the board if people had any idea.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Tyron, Zack, Frederick. All HOF quality. None of them made All Pro before 24. And Tyron was in the league at 21.

Bohanna is only 22. Takes a while for big guys to fully develop their power. Maybe he gets stronger, maybe not, but should be a couple years more before we know what his ceiling is.
Absolutely! Some people just have absolutely no patience. It’s a reflection on society at large where people want what they want and want it NOW! We’ve had numerous posters on here declare Joseph a BUST before he ever stepped on the field due to injury and because he also is in the music business. Of course those posters are either terminally stupid or trolls.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Absolutely! Some people just have absolutely no patience. It’s a reflection on society at large where people want what they want and want it NOW! We’ve had numerous posters on here declare Joseph a BUST before he ever stepped on the field due to injury and because he also is in the music business. Of course those posters are either terminally stupid or trolls.

Dhxnc-KUYAAZfKu

kskboys

Reaction score
People knew Parsons could rush. But not like this. He goes as the first defender off the board if people had any idea.
It was all over his scouting reports that he was going to be a beast as a pass rusher. I'd say it was the opposite, everyone knew. However, since he missed his last season in college, he became a bit of an after thought. People were looking for sure things that early in the draft, and he wasn't a sure thing. I guess. Because his scouting report pointed directly at generational talent. From his scouting report: "Parsons has the look of a plug and play superstar who will be the face of a franchise."

32BellyOption

Reaction score
It’s a very small sample size against a weak opponent but he did look the part. It’s a good building block and confidence booster for sure.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Don’t count out Bohanna developing into a pretty good player. He works hard and has a good motor. Give him time. He has played pretty well at times this year. I’m not saying he’s going to be a Pro Bowler, but I think he can be pretty good. And yes, I’m a bit biased being a Kentucky fan but that doesn’t influence my true thoughts on him.

It’s possible (re: Bohanna) but he wasn’t even dominant at Kentucky. I do like his motor though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Another year at 330ish instead 360 would help. Probably takes some getting used to playing 30 pounds lighter from one year to the next.

330 should make him a more versatile run defender who can be effective on zone runs, VS an immovable 360 lber who are liabilities VS zone runs

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It was all over his scouting reports that he was going to be a beast as a pass rusher. I'd say it was the opposite, everyone knew. However, since he missed his last season in college, he became a bit of an after thought. People were looking for sure things that early in the draft, and he wasn't a sure thing. I guess. Because his scouting report pointed directly at generational talent. From his scouting report: "Parsons has the look of a plug and play superstar who will be the face of a franchise."

If there was a consensus that he was a pass rushing superstar, what was he doing there at 12? A generational talent is no one's after thought.

There may have been some scouting reports like that, but by the time the draft rolled around, his projections were as a ILB who could blitz and play end sometimes, not as a pass rush first player. Just so much more value in a pass rush first player.

kskboys

Reaction score
If there was a consensus that he was a pass rushing superstar, what was he doing there at 12? A generational talent is no one's after thought.

There may have been some scouting reports like that, but by the time the draft rolled around, his projections were as a ILB who could blitz and play end sometimes, not as a pass rush first player. Just so much more value in a pass rush first player.
Hard to say. It was a very strange draft to begin w/, esp. w/ all the opt outs and all. Parsons had 5 sacks his last season in college, and they were going to use him a ton more in that capacity before the opt out.

Man, Davis, you just don't see a skillset like his. He's the package. Speed, quickness, strengths, instincts, you name it he's loaded w/ it. His floor was a very good LB, but it was very very unlikely that was all he was going to be.

I think the ILB position is grossly underrated in the NFL at present, same as DT and S. Why? Beyond me. All great D's have them, no exceptions. And yet, all we hear of is CB's. Just strange stuff.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hard to say. It was a very strange draft to begin w/, esp. w/ all the opt outs and all. Parsons had 5 sacks his last season in college, and they were going to use him a ton more in that capacity before the opt out.

Man, Davis, you just don't see a skillset like his. He's the package. Speed, quickness, strengths, instincts, you name it he's loaded w/ it. His floor was a very good LB, but it was very very unlikely that was all he was going to be.

I think the ILB position is grossly underrated in the NFL at present, same as DT and S. Why? Beyond me. All great D's have them, no exceptions. And yet, all we hear of is CB's. Just strange stuff.

Role flex is undervalued. Looks like Parsons has even more position flex than Woodson. Great pass rusher, pretty good run stopper, and respectable in coverage. That's gold in the middle of your defense. Role flex makes a defense go.

We've been on the same page for years about CBs being overvalued, and I think the great CBs are worth *less* as the league has tilted the game toward passing. Take out our best WR? Yawn. We'll just throw at your nickel or dime CB.

I've wanted that over the top S for years. Like ET. Everyone talks ball skills, but I'll take the guy who can cover the field sideline to sideline behind the CBs to let them play underneath/trailing coverage.

I think they've tried to get that guy in Byron. Whiff. Tried again and again to get that stud ILB, and finally hit with Parsons. We hope. Looked like they had hit with LVE too. Even Jaylon was tending toward a hit in 2018. At least with Parsons there are no know health issues to reverse what he's shown so far.

But DT? They're coming on a little with the Gallimore and Osa picks, but still don't seem to value it in a serious way. As we seem to be evolving to a hybrid D, if anything I expect them to value it less. Not prioritizing a full time 3T anymore. I'm even wondering if DEs like DLaw are a priority anymore. Seems like they want the hybrid LB/DEs more. In bunches.