Really liked what I saw from Kelvin Joseph

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Both players are strong safeties and both can catch a football. I'm hopeful Hooker will return from the protocall and will fill the FS position throughout the playoffs. Kearse is also a hybrid LB type and will hopefully be resigned this offseason.
I think Wilson can play both but you're right, he's a better fit at SS. Would love to see Hooker show out and get an extension as well but there's only so much money to go around. Imo priority signings need to be Gregory, Kearse, and either Hooker or a FA FS. Just have to see how the rest of the season plays out.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha that's more so what I have a issue with. He's a thug and a malcontent because he sat out when he lost his uncle but now he's a stud again after one game. I hate this place man lol.
No one ever said all Cowboys fans think clearly:)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a draft. The first four picks all are at least "biting their teeth." Parsons is the DROY. Odighizuwa is the best 3T we have had since Glover. The rest are still with the squad with some small contributions here and there.

Future looks bright.
I looked at the positions after the Wright pick. Not alot there. Draft talent really seemed to tail off after 80. If we can get a playable #3/4 with ST play out of Wright, thats not bad value. Golston may never be a top end starter, but I can definitely see him being a Crawford type that can move around the line and be effective. If he turns out to be that, thats a solid 3rd rounder

If Joseph plays up to how he played last night, that will give us two very good starting CB's without spending a top 40 pick on one. Thats a win for the FO

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I looked at the positions after the Wright pick. Not alot there. Draft talent really seemed to tail off after 80. If we can get a playable #3/4 with ST play out of Wright, thats not bad value. Golston may never be a top end starter, but I can definitely see him being a Crawford type that can move around the line and be effective. If he turns out to be that, thats a solid 3rd rounder

If Joseph plays up to how he played last night, that will give us two very good starting CB's without spending a top 40 pick on one. Thats a win for the FO

Cox and Bohanna have a real shot to develop. Wright can at least play teams with a shot to develop as well. Ball is a complete mystery. Fehoko and Mukuamu seem like very raw longshots.

Gholston can 2 gap, crash, and slant well already. I'm with you on him never becoming elite. I see his ceiling more like Chris Canty. I don't see the body control even if he figures out the handwork to be a great pass rusher.

This team has done a good job the last couple years developing their talent. This staff can teach.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cox and Bohanna have a real shot to develop. Wright can at least play teams with a shot to develop as well. Ball is a complete mystery. Fehoko and Mukuamu seem like very raw longshots.

Gholston can 2 gap, crash, and slant well already. I'm with you on him never becoming elite. I see his ceiling more like Chris Canty. I don't see the body control even if he figures out the handwork to be a great pass rusher.

This team has done a good job the last couple years developing their talent. This staff can teach.
Bohanna has already gotten in about 25% of our snaps. For a 6th rounder thats pretty good

Every pick we have made the last two years is still with the organization

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
He’s almost 6’0 with mass. He looks over 200 pounds and had the speed to run with most receivers.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Dare I say Dallas is a cornerback factory?

Byron Jones
Chido Awuzie
Anthony Brown
Jourdan Lewis
Travon Diggs
Boss man Fat

All drafted and developed quite well as cornerbacks.

Let's hold off a minute on Boss Man Fat. He's played in maybe two games.

dsouth234

Reaction score
Bohanna has already gotten in about 25% of our snaps. For a 6th rounder thats pretty good

Every pick we have made the last two years is still with the organization
I like Bohanna, he’s getting reps and while he’s not had the splash plays. He is holding his own and getting some decent penetration and he’s always around the ball. Can’t ask for much more from a late round pick in their rookie year

J_Allen

Reaction score
I like Bohanna, he’s getting reps and while he’s not had the splash plays. He is holding his own and getting some decent penetration and he’s always around the ball. Can’t ask for much more from a late round pick in their rookie year

We needed big space eating defensive tackles for years. Marinelli refused. The game has obviously passed him by. His defenses simply don't work anymore.

817Gill

Reaction score

I can see Mukuamu playing that Kearse big S role. He was drafted for that and Dan Quinn saw the physicality and cover skills. Most DC’s see a guy who’s too stiff to be a CB and not quite fast enough to be a deep S. The role that Quinn has carved for these tall/physical S’s in place of LB’s is innovative.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I can see Mukuamu playing that Kearse big S role. He was drafted for that and Dan Quinn saw the physicality and cover skills. Most DC’s see a guy who’s too stiff to be a CB and not quite fast enough to be a deep S. The role that Quinn has carved for these tall/physical S’s in place of LB’s is innovative.

The game is changing. LBs being replaced by LB/SS tweeners.