Really liked what I saw from Kelvin Joseph

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no question that Kelvin Joseph deserves credit for his game vs. the WFT.

Here's seriously hoping he'll continue to shine vs. some other teams in the future.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nice game. For a bust…

A grossly unfair label, considering he's a rookie deserving the patience that goes with it.

Let's hope he'll keep developing his game. If he keeps it up, he'll be our starter in 2022.

Last edited:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, that ball he dropped was slightly either tipped or his vision was slightly impaired with a guy right in front of him, either way, that would be a hard catch even for a receiver. With more playing time, he'll get more opportunities.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I looked at the positions after the Wright pick. Not alot there. Draft talent really seemed to tail off after 80. If we can get a playable #3/4 with ST play out of Wright, thats not bad value. Golston may never be a top end starter, but I can definitely see him being a Crawford type that can move around the line and be effective. If he turns out to be that, thats a solid 3rd rounder

If Joseph plays up to how he played last night, that will give us two very good starting CB's without spending a top 40 pick on one. Thats a win for the FO
Don’t count out Bohanna developing into a pretty good player. He works hard and has a good motor. Give him time. He has played pretty well at times this year. I’m not saying he’s going to be a Pro Bowler, but I think he can be pretty good. And yes, I’m a bit biased being a Kentucky fan but that doesn’t influence my true thoughts on him.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I'm not a talent scout, but everytime he gets to play, it feels like he shows something out there.

Very excited going into next year. AND we now have 2 great corners that will be over 6'. Put the short, fast guys at slot like Brown or Lewis, keep Diggs and Joseph on the outside.

Re-sign Kearse. Wilson is back, and maybe Hooks (at a bargain contract only!) for now, but keep trying to find a gem in the draft at safety.

Be on the lookout for Digg's holdout. That boy ain't stupid.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I looked at the positions after the Wright pick. Not alot there. Draft talent really seemed to tail off after 80. If we can get a playable #3/4 with ST play out of Wright, thats not bad value. Golston may never be a top end starter, but I can definitely see him being a Crawford type that can move around the line and be effective. If he turns out to be that, thats a solid 3rd rounder

If Joseph plays up to how he played last night, that will give us two very good starting CB's without spending a top 40 pick on one. Thats a win for the FO
:huh:

• It will be a shock if Jabril Cox is not a significant contributor and possible starter in 2022.
  • Josh Ball definitely has the required talent and has not been in trouble since 2017.
  • Fehoko has been active for multiple games which is an accomplishment for a late round WR considering the WRs on this roster.
  • Bohanna has been active for all but 1 game.
  • Mukuamu was one of the stars of training camp.
  • Farniok has been active for more games than not which is good for a late round rookie OLineman.

• Rnd Player
  • 1 Micah Parsons
  • 2 Kelvin Joseph
  • 3 Osa Odighizuwa
  • 3 Chauncey Golston
  • 3 Nahshon Wright
  • 4 Jabril Cox
  • 4 Josh Ball
  • 5 Simi Fehoko
  • 6 Quinton Bohanna
  • 6 Israel Mukuamu
  • 7 Matt Farniok

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a talent scout, but everytime he gets to play, it feels like he shows something out there.

Very excited going into next year. AND we now have 2 great corners that will be over 6'. Put the short, fast guys at slot like Brown or Lewis, keep Diggs and Joseph on the outside.

Re-sign Kearse. Wilson is back, and maybe Hooks (at a bargain contract only!) for now, but keep trying to find a gem in the draft at safety.

Be on the lookout for Digg's holdout. That boy ain't stupid.
Joseph is only 1/4" taller than Brown.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Rewatch the game.
Weren’t you the guy that said parsons was a one dimensional linebacker that didn’t affect the pass? What would you know about talent?

you scoffed at drafting parsons.

even after a dozen posts of me explaining to you his pass rush abilities.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Weren’t you the guy that said parsons was a one dimensional linebacker that didn’t affect the pass? What would you know about talent?

you scoffed at drafting parsons.

even after a dozen posts of me explaining to you his pass rush abilities.

I said Parsons was a good sideline to sideline backer who could play downhill, blitz, but struggled in coverage.

I said if he couldn’t impact the pass game than he’s a bust.

I didn’t know he had that kind of potential as a edge rusher. Neither did the NFL or you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I said Parsons was a good sideline to sideline backer who could play downhill, blitz, but struggled in coverage.

I said if he couldn’t impact the pass game than he’s a bust.

I didn’t know he had that kind of potential as a edge rusher. Neither did the NFL or you.
Lol….you are a complete liar. You had no idea he could blitz. I told you over and over about. His ability to blitz is also in several scouting reports.

you hated the pick and lobbied against it. You were all over Phillips. Stop pretending.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol….you are a complete liar. You had no idea he could blitz. I told you over and over about. His ability to blitz is also in several scouting reports.

you hated the pick and lobbied against it. You were all over Phillips. Stop pretending.

Of course I knew he could blitz lol. It was his best attribute lol. He blitzed through the A gap all of the time.

The problem here is you think blitzing and pass rushing is the same skill set. Again.. That’s how clueless you are in these conversations. Just a Tad Prescott.

Reaction score
For his size, this kid is a dawg. Great speed & will unload on someone. Fun watching the first 4 players picked this year playing together in a game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:huh:

• It will be a shock if Jabril Cox is not a significant contributor and possible starter in 2022.
  • Josh Ball definitely has the required talent and has not been in trouble since 2017.
  • Fehoko has been active for multiple games which is an accomplishment for a late round WR considering the WRs on this roster.
  • Bohanna has been active for all but 1 game.
  • Mukuamu was one of the stars of training camp.
  • Farniok has been active for more games than not which is good for a late round rookie OLineman.

• Rnd Player
  • 1 Micah Parsons
  • 2 Kelvin Joseph
  • 3 Osa Odighizuwa
  • 3 Chauncey Golston
  • 3 Nahshon Wright
  • 4 Jabril Cox
  • 4 Josh Ball
  • 5 Simi Fehoko
  • 6 Quinton Bohanna
  • 6 Israel Mukuamu
  • 7 Matt Farniok
What exactly are confused about. I dont think you understood my post at all. I wasnt talking about the Cowboys picks after 80. I was talking about the draft talent after 80

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Of course I knew he could blitz lol. It was his best attribute lol. He blitzed through the A gap all of the time.

The problem here is you think blitzing and pass rushing is the same skill set. Again.. That’s how clueless you are in these conversations. Just a Tad Prescott.
Lol….look at you squirm. So when you blitz you don’t rush the passer? And blitzing isn’t affecting the passing game!

you hated the pick. Once again you prove you know nothing about football.