Reasons for Optimisim

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Messages
3,647
Reaction score
1,611
Given all of the negative comments, I thought I'd add in a couple reasons for optimism moving forward:

- I think we can expect the defense to continue to improve. Has it been great? No. Has it been as bad as last year? Also no. We are getting carved up to a certain extent - but the gigantic chunk plays are not nearly as bad as last year. Further, we have tended to be much better in the second half this year. CP may be able to make better adjustments than he is getting credit for.
- We will be getting Durant and Overshown back soon. On passing downs, I'd like to see 0 slot back in as MLB and move 55 to OLB and see if we can get more pressure that way. Bland can slide back into nickel, with Durant and JPJ on the outside.
- Q continues to trend in the right direction. Looks much better than the first two weeks. Personally, I think a lot of guys were out of shape in Week 1 due to our cupcake camp, and hopefully that is improving.
- The offense is humming along. T. Smith is back soon, which should really help the running game. On top of that, I would think the awful tape Shoon and Ferg are putting out there would allow BSF to get many more snaps, which again can only help the running game.
- GP is yet to have a huge game. That won't continue. I am betting on Thursday being his breakout this year.
- We made it through the first month, which we knew would be tough. We should be 3-1, but we are 2-2. The next two are winnable and we have a decent chance at being 4-2 going into Philly playing for first place.

Improve weekly, let's see what happens. I am not convinced we won't add another pass rusher before the deadline.
 
Looking ahead there are two winnable games and injured players will get healthy and return.

It's not complicated.
 
Given all of the negative comments, I thought I'd add in a couple reasons for optimism moving forward:

- I think we can expect the defense to continue to improve. Has it been great? No. Has it been as bad as last year? Also no. We are getting carved up to a certain extent - but the gigantic chunk plays are not nearly as bad as last year. Further, we have tended to be much better in the second half this year. CP may be able to make better adjustments than he is getting credit for.
- We will be getting Durant and Overshown back soon. On passing downs, I'd like to see 0 slot back in as MLB and move 55 to OLB and see if we can get more pressure that way. Bland can slide back into nickel, with Durant and JPJ on the outside.
- Q continues to trend in the right direction. Looks much better than the first two weeks. Personally, I think a lot of guys were out of shape in Week 1 due to our cupcake camp, and hopefully that is improving.
- The offense is humming along. T. Smith is back soon, which should really help the running game. On top of that, I would think the awful tape Shoon and Ferg are putting out there would allow BSF to get many more snaps, which again can only help the running game.
- GP is yet to have a huge game. That won't continue. I am betting on Thursday being his breakout this year.
- We made it through the first month, which we knew would be tough. We should be 3-1, but we are 2-2. The next two are winnable and we have a decent chance at being 4-2 going into Philly playing for first place.

Improve weekly, let's see what happens. I am not convinced we won't add another pass rusher before the deadline.
Barham is MLB
 
When you win a game and your defense sucks, and your quarterback sucks, and you can't run the ball, or rush the passer, and your GM sucks, and your coach sucks, and the franchise is an embarrassment, and the fan base are fools. You grab on to any optimism you can :laugh:
 
Given all of the negative comments, I thought I'd add in a couple reasons for optimism moving forward:

- I think we can expect the defense to continue to improve. Has it been great? No. Has it been as bad as last year? Also no. We are getting carved up to a certain extent - but the gigantic chunk plays are not nearly as bad as last year. Further, we have tended to be much better in the second half this year. CP may be able to make better adjustments than he is getting credit for.
- We will be getting Durant and Overshown back soon. On passing downs, I'd like to see 0 slot back in as MLB and move 55 to OLB and see if we can get more pressure that way. Bland can slide back into nickel, with Durant and JPJ on the outside.
- Q continues to trend in the right direction. Looks much better than the first two weeks. Personally, I think a lot of guys were out of shape in Week 1 due to our cupcake camp, and hopefully that is improving.
- The offense is humming along. T. Smith is back soon, which should really help the running game. On top of that, I would think the awful tape Shoon and Ferg are putting out there would allow BSF to get many more snaps, which again can only help the running game.
- GP is yet to have a huge game. That won't continue. I am betting on Thursday being his breakout this year.
- We made it through the first month, which we knew would be tough. We should be 3-1, but we are 2-2. The next two are winnable and we have a decent chance at being 4-2 going into Philly playing for first place.

Improve weekly, let's see what happens. I am not convinced we won't add another pass rusher before the deadline.
Id rather they put Overshown on the practice squad than on the field. Dude is trash
 
Good post mostly

I don't think we should be optimistic about getting healthy - we're more likely than not to lose key players at a worse time of the year. Injuries to a bad secondary and LB corps in September/October don't matter much. Injuries to the WR corps or basically any DT in December can be really harsh.
 
Super Bowl, Jerry did it. I can't wait for Robert to eat some crow and for Arthur to say, "That's the best crow we've eaten"
 
Given all of the negative comments, I thought I'd add in a couple reasons for optimism moving forward:

- I think we can expect the defense to continue to improve. Has it been great? No. Has it been as bad as last year? Also no. We are getting carved up to a certain extent - but the gigantic chunk plays are not nearly as bad as last year. Further, we have tended to be much better in the second half this year. CP may be able to make better adjustments than he is getting credit for.
- We will be getting Durant and Overshown back soon. On passing downs, I'd like to see 0 slot back in as MLB and move 55 to OLB and see if we can get more pressure that way. Bland can slide back into nickel, with Durant and JPJ on the outside.
- Q continues to trend in the right direction. Looks much better than the first two weeks. Personally, I think a lot of guys were out of shape in Week 1 due to our cupcake camp, and hopefully that is improving.
- The offense is humming along. T. Smith is back soon, which should really help the running game. On top of that, I would think the awful tape Shoon and Ferg are putting out there would allow BSF to get many more snaps, which again can only help the running game.
- GP is yet to have a huge game. That won't continue. I am betting on Thursday being his breakout this year.
- We made it through the first month, which we knew would be tough. We should be 3-1, but we are 2-2. The next two are winnable and we have a decent chance at being 4-2 going into Philly playing for first place.

Improve weekly, let's see what happens. I am not convinced we won't add another pass rusher before the deadline.
I'll take your points as you posted them:

- I agree whole-heartedly. We are better. Getting a few timely defensive plays. I know the D is not set up to be a turnover D but a few of those would help.
- We are getting some ofour starters back soon. Overshown played badly at NY and Barham is a thumper so let Overshown move to the outside. At least his speed can be an asset. Barham is the MLB of the future and has had some solid games and a borderline great game against the Crows. I agree with Bland at the nickle back even though he doesn't want to move inside because of the increased stressors on the foot.
- Q is playing increasingly better. I don't think that camp was cupcake. Coaches even stressed conditioning.
- Looking forward to the return of Smith as he does some stuff that Bass doesn't do. Run game will get better if Smith's hand is OK but he has to be able to use that hand. Glad we had the quality of Bass to step in while Smith heals.
- Looking for GP to have a breakout game but I also think defenses are shading toward stopping Pickens because of last year's success. Focus on GP and CD will hurt you like yesterday.
- Just think, we might could be 4-0. I felt like Shotty didn't have the team ready in NY and made some decisions in Rio that hurt our chances. Overall I give coaching a solid B.
- The team appears to be improving weekly. Not fast enough but in the NFL team health is a HUGE factor !!!

I AM OPTIMISTIC TOO ! Good post !
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,157
Messages
14,670,325
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top