Reasons Jason Garret should be Fired Immediately

BigD5

Reaction score
If you are hanging onto hope that Garrett can turn it around or maybe he needs just one more season, let me prove to you why he doesn’t. And why he should’ve been fired years ago.

He has some of the worst records and stats in Dallas Cowboys franchise history.

Here are the lowlights (feel free to add any I miss):

Garret is the only Dallas Cowboys coach ever to :
1. lose a game when leading by 14 in 4th qtr (jets 2011)

2. lose a game after leading by 24 (detroit 2011)....did a similar repeat of this later in GB 2013 game

3. The Cowboys (JG) established a new franchise low in rushing touchdowns in the 2011 season with five, which included a rushing TD by Romo himself

4. ice his kicker on a winning kick and lose the game....Arizona 2011

5. lose 3 win or go home games in a row

6. have 3 non winning seasons in a row, (tied with Campo) also coach Landry when the franchise was first created

7. go 8-8 3 seasons in a row

8. had the worst defense in franchise history

BigD5

Reaction score
In the history of the franchise we have had a QB throw for 400 yds and an offense total 500 yds in a game only 8 times.

SIX of those times have happened under Jason Garrett’s Cowboy teams

IheartRomo

Reaction score
In the history of the franchise we have had a QB throw for 400 yds and an offense total 500 yds in a game only 8 times.

SIX of those times have happened under Jason Garrett’s Cowboy teams

Asinine. The game and rules changed shortly before Garrett came aboard to allow for these types of absurd numbers. Very weak argument.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
The list compiled in OP is very good and lists all the key lowlights. However, for me, every single thing you need to know about Jason Garrett was showcased during the recent 3 game losing streak: without our three best players, we became the Cleveland Browns. Absolutely no adjustments or answers when the talent isn't elite.

It's been that way forever. Don't forget the horrific stretch without Romo in 2015 (1-11 without him). Other teams can win at least a couple games with a backup QB. Our putrid HC is as useless as breasts on a bull without great talent across the board.

endersdragon

Reaction score
The list compiled in OP is very good and lists all the key lowlights. However, for me, every single thing you need to know about Jason Garrett was showcased during the recent 3 game losing streak: without our three best players, we became the Cleveland Browns. Absolutely no adjustments or answers when the talent isn't elite.

It's been that way forever. Don't forget the horrific stretch without Romo in 2015 (1-11 without him). Other teams can win at least a couple games with a backup QB. Our putrid HC is as useless as breasts on a bull without great talent across the board.
So the Packers should fire Mike McCarthy because they look pathetic without just one player?

BigD5

Reaction score
Jason Garrett’s Cowboys scored in single digits in three straight games for the first time in club history.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
So the Packers should fire Mike McCarthy because they look pathetic without just one player?

They have won multiple games with a backup QB. Obviously QB is the one position where it is somewhat excusable to not be competitive without your starter. You could also argue that the Packers supporting cast has been relatively weak for a long time and they have been riding the coat tails of the greatest QB of all time.

However, 1-11 isn't acceptable under any circumstances. And when non-QB injuries/suspensions lead to your team becoming the Cleveland Browns, that's not excusable in any way, shape or form.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Okay you really hate Garrett, how do we get to the playoffs with a new head coach. Can you tell me that one?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Yep. Every time Drew Brees walk on a field, a coach should be fired.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'll take a breasted bull over Garrett any day