Reasons Jason Garret should be Fired Immediately

BigD5

Reaction score
Ummm this is his 8th season moron.
Hey man. No need for name calling. You’re only making yourself look like a jerk

But to respond to your question, I meant it was his 6th season. Yet my point remains

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Any small success garret has ever had was Tony’s doing. Even last year when tony was on the side lines coaching Dak up. The longer tony is away, the more it will become apparent.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If you are hanging onto hope that Garrett can turn it around or maybe he needs just one more season, let me prove to you why he doesn’t. And why he should’ve been fired years ago.

He has some of the worst records and stats in Dallas Cowboys franchise history.

Here are the lowlights (feel free to add any I miss):

Garret is the only Dallas Cowboys coach ever to :
1. lose a game when leading by 14 in 4th qtr (jets 2011)

2. lose a game after leading by 24 (detroit 2011)....did a similar repeat of this later in GB 2013 game

3. The Cowboys (JG) established a new franchise low in rushing touchdowns in the 2011 season with five, which included a rushing TD by Romo himself

4. ice his kicker on a winning kick and lose the game....Arizona 2011

5. lose 3 win or go home games in a row

6. have 3 non winning seasons in a row, (tied with Campo) also coach Landry when the franchise was first created

7. go 8-8 3 seasons in a row

8. had the worst defense in franchise history
Still waiting on valid reasons for firing Garrett. This is just ignorant drivel.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Still waiting on valid reasons for keeping him

I’ve laid out most of the embarrassing reasons to get rid of him
I think Jerry needs to wait until the end of the season before doing any firing. Seattle loses against the Jags next week and our odds getting much better. Giving up now, well is just giving up.

BigD5

Reaction score
I think Jerry needs to wait until the end of the season before doing any firing. Seattle loses against the Jags next week and our odds getting much better. Giving up now, well is just giving up.
I agree with that

endersdragon

Reaction score
Still waiting on valid reasons for keeping him

I’ve laid out most of the embarrassing reasons to get rid of him
The team has endured a category 5 ****storm this year (to the point where it's not even subtle that Goodell is declaring war on us anymore), if we make the playoffs despite that we don't get rid of him, simple as that.

BigD5

Reaction score
The team has endured a category 5 ****storm this year (to the point where it's not even subtle that Goodell is declaring war on us anymore), if we make the playoffs despite that we don't get rid of him, simple as that.
What about the overall body of work?

I mean things are happening under Jason garrett’s watch that have NEVER EVER happened in the history of the franchise. And it’s happening at an embarrassing rate

endersdragon

Reaction score
What about the overall body of work?

I mean things are happening under Jason garrett’s watch that have NEVER EVER happened in the history of the franchise. And it’s happening at an embarrassing rate
News flash, you fire a head coach after a season where he does the near impossible, NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO WANT TO BE YOUR HEAD COACH. Even McAdoo wouldn't want to come here after that much less whoever you might be thinking of.

BigD5

Reaction score
News flash, you fire a head coach after a season where he does the near impossible, NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO WANT TO BE YOUR HEAD COACH. Even McAdoo wouldn't want to come here after that much less whoever you might be thinking of.
He won’t do the impossible. Unless of course you mean do something that’s never been done in franchise history like the several things I’ve already mentioned

There’s nothing in his history that sides with your view. And everything in his history points to me being right

haleyrules

Reaction score
I don't know, Garrett is well known and so is his status with Jerry. Top end coaches probably wouldn't want to join Jones's circus more based on control and decision making.

endersdragon

Reaction score
He won’t do the impossible. Unless of course you mean do something that’s never been done in franchise history like the several things I’ve already mentioned

There’s nothing in his history that sides with your view. And everything in his history points to me being right
Has a team ever gone to the playoffs without getting one holding call 8 straight weeks?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
#1 reason Garrett should be fired immediately. Because... too many in the fan base have forgotten how miserable we were playing the coaches version of musical chairs after Jimmy Johnson was fired. We need a taste of that for a few seasons so they can appreciate the stability we have with Garrett and then bring Garrett back.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garret should be fired, but he won't be. Jerry is simply not capable of eating the amount of crow he would have to by firing Garret. I think Scott Linehan is going to take the fall for this debacle of a season. Though, Garret finishing .500 or worse in 5 of his 7 seasons as HC is pretty damming.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Garret should be fired, but he won't be. Jerry is simply not capable of eating the amount of crow he would have to by firing Garret. I think Scott Linehan is going to take the fall for this debacle of a season. Though, Garret finishing .500 or worse in 5 of his 7 seasons as HC is pretty damming.
Marinelli is done also..l should think..

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If you are hanging onto hope that Garrett can turn it around or maybe he needs just one more season, let me prove to you why he doesn’t. And why he should’ve been fired years ago.

He has some of the worst records and stats in Dallas Cowboys franchise history.

Here are the lowlights (feel free to add any I miss):

Garret is the only Dallas Cowboys coach ever to :
1. lose a game when leading by 14 in 4th qtr (jets 2011)

2. lose a game after leading by 24 (detroit 2011)....did a similar repeat of this later in GB 2013 game

3. The Cowboys (JG) established a new franchise low in rushing touchdowns in the 2011 season with five, which included a rushing TD by Romo himself

4. ice his kicker on a winning kick and lose the game....Arizona 2011

5. lose 3 win or go home games in a row

6. have 3 non winning seasons in a row, (tied with Campo) also coach Landry when the franchise was first created

7. go 8-8 3 seasons in a row

8. had the worst defense in franchise history

People can say that there's no accountability, but if you worked just about anywhere and you were a middle manager and attempted to fire someone, using a list of 8 items, 4 of which were from 2011, and 2 that are identical, you would likely be fired yourself.

9darter

Reaction score
There's only one reason he should be fired, and it's the very same reason he shouldn't have been HC in the first place; he's not qualified for the job.