THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jerry.gif

endersdragon

Reaction score
Nope. Despite their injuries they’ve managed to win two games without Rodgers
2-5, with those 2 wins coming in close games to 2 of the worst teams in the NFL and 4 of those 5 losses being by multiple scores. Sounds about equal to what we have done without both are best offensive and our best defensive player.

endersdragon

Reaction score
They have won multiple games with a backup QB. Obviously QB is the one position where it is somewhat excusable to not be competitive without your starter. You could also argue that the Packers supporting cast has been relatively weak for a long time and they have been riding the coat tails of the greatest QB of all time.

However, 1-11 isn't acceptable under any circumstances. And when non-QB injuries/suspensions lead to your team becoming the Cleveland Browns, that's not excusable in any way, shape or form.
If you make your entire team dependent on one player that is inexcusable as a head coach. The Pats can win without Brady, the Vikings can win without Bridgewater, the Broncos won without Manning, etc.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
2-5, with those 2 wins coming in close games to 2 of the worst teams in the NFL and 4 of those 5 losses being by multiple scores. Sounds about equal to what we have done without both are best offensive and our best defensive player.

QB is by far the most important position in the NFL and perhaps all of sports, especially when you're talking about the greatest QB of all time.

The loss of other non-QBs, however great they are, should not lead to an equitable collapse as losing a QB of that caliber. It just shouldn't - this isn't hard.

endersdragon

Reaction score
QB is by far the most important position in the NFL and perhaps all of sports, especially when you're talking about the greatest QB of all time.

The loss of other non-QBs, however great they are, should not lead to an equitable collapse as losing a QB of that caliber. It just shouldn't - this isn't hard.
How did the Pats do without Brady (the best QB of all time) last year?

IheartRomo

Reaction score
If you make your entire team dependent on one player that is inexcusable as a head coach. The Pats can win without Brady, the Vikings can win without Bridgewater, the Broncos won without Manning, etc.

I would agree. I do not care whether McCarthy should be fired or not - at all. I'm just saying it's obviously more excusable to struggle without a QB of that caliber than it is to struggle without other key players.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Correct. Which was my initial argument. Jason Garrett not only is unable to win without a great QB, he's unable to win without supporting position players. Inexcusable.
So fire Mike McCarthy. But honestly I am sorta indifferent in this argument other than the fact that I don't want my coach fired when there is still season to play (I same thing same thing about my Sun Devils firing TG when we still have a bowl game to play and he had a pretty decent year). But I will say this, if he makes the playoffs with all the bull**** thrust at us all year (Zeke suspension, 1 holding call in the last 8 weeks, Jerry and Goodell going to war with each other, etc), we don't fire him.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Oh btw should we have fired Jimmy for going 1-15 since you like to keep bringing up Garrett going 1-11?

IheartRomo

Reaction score
So fire Mike McCarthy. But honestly I am sorta indifferent in this argument other than the fact that I don't want my coach fired when there is still season to play (I same thing same thing about my Sun Devils firing TG when we still have a bowl game to play and he had a pretty decent year). But I will say this, if he makes the playoffs with all the bull**** thrust at us all year (Zeke suspension, 1 holding call in the last 8 weeks, Jerry and Goodell going to war with each other, etc), we don't fire him.

Why would anyone on this board care about what happens to Mike McCarthy? Sure, fire him. Or give him a lifetime contract. Who cares?

But that aside, yes I agree it'd be foolish to fire him midseason. However, anything short of a Super Bowl and he should be fired, IMO. The supporting reasons for that lie just as much in prior seasons as this one. IMO, he's just not a good HC and we'll have to overcome his weaknesses to ever win anything of merit.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Why would anyone on this board care about what happens to Mike McCarthy? Sure, fire him. Or give him a lifetime contract. Who cares?

But that aside, yes I agree it'd be foolish to fire him midseason. However, anything short of a Super Bowl and he should be fired, IMO. The supporting reasons for that lie just as much in prior seasons as this one. IMO, he's just not a good HC and we'll have to overcome his weaknesses to ever win anything of merit.
Yep you would have fired Jimmy, I'll ignore you now.

BigD5

Reaction score
Yep you would have fired Jimmy, I'll ignore you now.
The difference? Jimmy went 1-15 his first season as a head coach. And had to clean the roster of the old guys that were hanging on while trying to piece together new fresh talent.

Jason Garrett went 1-11 with the best offensive line in football, and a generally well talented team that was only missing their QB, in his EIGHT season.

His EIGHT season as a coach

A season after going 12-4 too I might add

endersdragon

Reaction score
The difference? Jimmy went 1-15 his first season as a head coach. And had to clean the roster of the old guys that were hanging on while trying to piece together new fresh talent.

Jason Garrett went 1-11 with the best offensive line in football, and a generally well talented team that was only missing their QB, in his EIGHT season.

His EIGHT season as a coach

A season after going 12-4 too I might add
Ummm this is his 8th season moron.