RECAP: Crayton on ESPN NEWS

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Talking about Jacobs how he plays like a girl. Went for Burnetts knees when he blitzed in instead of hittin' him in the mouth.
Talks about his TD. Why he placed the ball over the line was for the fans who hate the boys and that they made the Meadowlands their house last night.
Also talked about Burnett. Only got talked to by his fellow LBers. Said their was a lot of talking all game.
Romo-Always joking and laughing in the huddle.
Tank-excited to be back

A lot more under control than his previous stint on ESPN.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
He should do what Barber does and just go out and let his performance speak for itself.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I like Crayton and his a hometown kid but Deion was on the radio today and he said:

"Your not T.O.....your not Ocho Cinco. You are Patrick Crayton".

- Mike G.

superpunk

Reaction score
lol...he's like our version of Pierce and Brandon Jacobs.

Decent player who can't stop running his mouth while only occasionally showing up. At least he waited til post game.

Can anyone explain to me how Jacobs is the offensive player of the month over one Adrian Peterson?

sjordan6

Reaction score
I actually think it was pretty cool that Crayton is talking a little trash. Look he has only talked that way twice. After the NE game and after this Giants victory. Both times the other teams started it. The Giants talked all week about their defense and what they were going to do to the boys so he just gave them a piece of their own medicine.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I hate when guys on our team talk smack to the media. Its a horrible idea IMO. The only thing that comes from it is that you give other teams bulletine board material and you will have to eat crow if you lose. Talk all you want during the game (everyone does) but keep your mouth shut to the media.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
EndGame;1761528 said:
Crayton needs to shut the hell up.

Aw, if he can give the Cowboys 60 catches for 900 yards and 9 TDs, let him talk... he ain't far off that pace, right now...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I don't know what he's paying his agent to get him all of these media appearances, but he deserves a raise.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Future;1761534 said:
I hate when guys on our team talk smack to the media. Its a horrible idea IMO. The only thing that comes from it is that you give other teams bulletine board material and you will have to eat crow if you lose. Talk all you want during the game (everyone does) but keep your mouth shut to the media.

Exactly....There's never a good time to talk trash...Leave trash alone

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Crayton makes me laugh. Even if you don’t like him being himself...you can’t argue that he backs it up on the field when given a chance.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Deion is stupid. Crayton isn't talking himself up like Chad and other do, he's talking the whole team up.

People complained that he needs to walk the walk if he's going to talk the talk. Yesterday he, and the rest of the team walked the walk, and now he's talking. Unlike some other team that talked, but slipped in a big puddle of urine.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1761494 said:
Talking about Jacobs how he plays like a girl. Went for Burnetts knees when he blitzed in instead of hittin' him in the mouth.
Talks about his TD. Why he placed the ball over the line was for the fans who hate the boys and that they made the Meadowlands their house last night.
Also talked about Burnett. Only got talked to by his fellow LBers. Said their was a lot of talking all game.
Romo-Always joking and laughing in the huddle.
Tank-excited to be back

A lot more under control than his previous stint on ESPN.
:laugh2: did he really say that?

Martice

Reaction score
If we are the better team and we play up to our standard as a team, trash talking has very little to do with the outcome of a game unless one person lets the talk affect his game.

As far as I saw yesterday the trash talk has had little negative affect on this teams performance. Infact, it's nice to see players play with emotion and actually show some fire. I actually think what we are seeing here (people who want Patrick to shutup) are people who are not used to having a team with personalities. These are the same people who would've told M. Irvin to shutup as well or even Deion. When you are good at what you do, you deserve the right to trash talk a little bit now and then.

I think as a third receiver, Crayton has earned that right as he has come up big most of the time we call his number.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Martice;1761616 said:
If we are the better team and we play up to our standard as a team, trash talking has very little to do with the outcome of a game unless one person lets the talk affect his game.

As far as I saw yesterday the trash talk has had little negative affect on this teams performance. Infact, it's nice to see players play with emotion and actually show some fire. I actually think what we are seeing here (people who want Patrick to shutup) are people who are not used to having a team with personalities. These are the same people who would've told M. Irvin to shutup as well or even Deion. When you are good at what you do, you deserve the right to trash talk a little bit now and then.

I think as a third receiver, Crayton has earned that right as he has come up big most of the time we call his number.

Uh, Irvin and Deion didn't talk trash about other teams and their players in the media. They usually did their trash talking on the field, where it should be.

Kilyin

Reaction score
FCBarca;1761571 said:
Exactly....There's never a good time to talk trash...Leave trash alone

Unless it's about a member of the Dallas Cowboys, like... Roy Williams?

Let Crayton have his fun. It's part of the allure of the sport.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
superpunk;1761506 said:
Can anyone explain to me how Jacobs is the offensive player of the month over one Adrian Peterson?

bluestarBong.jpg

YAKUZA

Martice

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1761638 said:
Uh, Irvin and Deion didn't talk trash about other teams and their players in the media. They usually did their trash talking on the field, where it should be.

Trash talking is trash talking. Why do we care as fans? As long as our team is producing and winning why care as long as it is in good taste. When Pierce of the Giants said he wanted to knock the smile off Romo's face or hit him even after he passes the ball, that's not good taste. However, what Crayton is saying is fine with me.

Other than public perception, why would it bother anyone if the players are doing a little chest thumping?