RECAP: Crayton on ESPN NEWS

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1761605 said:
:laugh2: did he really say that?

No but he said if I was a guy 6'4 260 lbs and I had to pick up a blitz, I wouldn't be going for guys knees, I'd hit them in the mouth if I could.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Martice;1761659 said:
Trash talking is trash talking. Why do we care as fans? As long as our team is producing and winning why care as long as it is in good taste. When Pierce of the Giants said he wanted to knock the smile off Romo's face or hit him even after he passes the ball, that's not good taste. However, what Crayton is saying is fine with me.

Other than public perception, why would it bother anyone if the players are doing a little chest thumping?

Why?

Because my son plays football. And I'm trying to convince him that you let your play on the field do the talking. But that becomes harder and harder to do when you have blabber mouths like Crayton and T.O. and Jacobs and Strahan running their traps.

That's why I don't like it.

True story: We were in a tough game that called for three overtimes. The team my son was playing scored a TD in the third overtime. Then their running back starts dancing in the end zone. Flag. The opposing team has to now start at the 10 yard line. The opposing team doesn't score the extra point. My son's team scores. We convert the extra point. We win.

I used that dancing incident as an example of how you let your play do the talking because you never know when things like that come back to bite you in the butt.

Lesson learned. We never had a player do something stupid like that after scoring.

The same thing applies to trash talking. I want younger players - including my son - to do their playing on the field, the way it should be done. Concentrate on making yourself better in the game, not making your dance moves and your trash talk better.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Martice;1761616 said:
If we are the better team and we play up to our standard as a team, trash talking has very little to do with the outcome of a game unless one person lets the talk affect his game.

As far as I saw yesterday the trash talk has had little negative affect on this teams performance. Infact, it's nice to see players play with emotion and actually show some fire. I actually think what we are seeing here (people who want Patrick to shutup) are people who are not used to having a team with personalities. These are the same people who would've told M. Irvin to shutup as well or even Deion. When you are good at what you do, you deserve the right to trash talk a little bit now and then.

I think as a third receiver, Crayton has earned that right as he has come up big most of the time we call his number.

My memories of Irvin, Haley, Emmitt etc are those of guys that never talked trash leading up to a game...They played and let their play do the talking...And last I checked, all of those Cowboys were all pretty emotional players...Emotional doesn't translate to brash or arrogant

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FCBarca;1761719 said:
He will go...I doubt he'll be a Cowboy next season as a result of Free Agency
The little general will snatch him up and pay him some insane amount of money like he did Randel El.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Why is a WR who is on pace for a little over 800 yards running his mouth?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Some need to bend over and un-insert stick. On second thought maybe it is buried too deep.:D

Whether you like it or not, I willing to betcha that his teammates and coaches are digging what and how he is saying it.

Fire'em up Crayton!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;1761756 said:
The little general will snatch him up and pay him some insane amount of money like he did Randel El.
Crayton is somewhat of a Deadskin killer. He has made Sean Taylor his personal whipping boy. Little Danny would love to have Patrick, no doubt. However, I hope we keep him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1761849 said:
Because he's on a good team.

And he's played well on that good team. Not much room to fault Crayton's play this year other than the one end zone drop.

I wish he'd kept his trap shut after the Pats loss, but I don't have a problem with him waiting until we proved it on the field before laying into the Giants. He hasn't crossed any lines, and it's not like we're going to fire the Giants up any more if we have to beat them a third time. They do enough talking for both of us during game week.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Crayton's jawing like a football player, not a prima donna. I'd rather hear Crayton talk about what a girl Brandon Jacobs is than hear underperforming superstars talk about themselves in third person. Plus, Ocho Quatro has two more touchdowns than Ocho Cinco and gets paid much less dinero.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with Crayton calling out Blowhard Jacobs.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Some coach, teammate, or father figure needs to step in and tell him to shut up.

Nav22

Reaction score
Geez, you guys act like the Giants didn't deserve every bit of it.

Brandon Jacobs said they'd whoop our a-- before week 1, Antonio Pierce said they'd wipe Romo's smile off his face before week 10... now that we've completed the sweep, our guys have EARNED the right to finally chirp back at those overrated punks if they so choose.

Get after 'em, Pat!

You know back when our beloved Jimmy Johnson was coach, he would often supply the bravado and "trash talk" himself. Were you guys screaming for him to shut up?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1761704 said:
Why?

Because my son plays football. And I'm trying to convince him that you let your play on the field do the talking. But that becomes harder and harder to do when you have blabber mouths like Crayton and T.O. and Jacobs and Strahan running their traps.

That's why I don't like it.

True story: We were in a tough game that called for three overtimes. The team my son was playing scored a TD in the third overtime. Then their running back starts dancing in the end zone. Flag. The opposing team has to now start at the 10 yard line. The opposing team doesn't score the extra point. My son's team scores. We convert the extra point. We win.

I used that dancing incident as an example of how you let your play do the talking because you never know when things like that come back to bite you in the butt.

Lesson learned. We never had a player do something stupid like that after scoring.

The same thing applies to trash talking. I want younger players - including my son - to do their playing on the field, the way it should be done. Concentrate on making yourself better in the game, not making your dance moves and your trash talk better.

You and everyone like you are the reasons the NFL is becoming known as the no fun league. The Giants ran their traps all week and during the game. Crayton came up big in the game and let them know about it. So he used really bad words like urine (woooh!). Their is a point after someone talking so much crap that you cant help but say something back. Jacobs talked constantly even when he was getting whipped. I think Crayton did the right thing. He backed up his team and gave the other team a little of their own medicine AFTER his team had one. If it was only a little talking by the Giants I would say leave it alone and I'm sure Crayton would have. Unfortunately the Giants didn't have as much class as you say Crayton should have. Get off your high horse and his back. :starspin

Kilyin

Reaction score
percyhoward;1761891 said:
Some coach, teammate, or father figure needs to step in and tell him to shut up.

I hope you are being sarcastic. This isn't pee-wee league football. If the media wants to give Crayton face time and he chooses to rub the Giants nose in their own mess... well that's pretty funny. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with people running their mouth, if they are good enough to do so.

If Romo wants to run his mouth; by all means. Go for it. If Ware wants to run his mouth; by all means, go for it.

But its Patrick Crayton.

That's why I'd prefer him to shut up.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Kilyin;1761943 said:
I hope you are being sarcastic. This isn't pee-wee league football. If the media wants to give Crayton face time and he chooses to rub the Giants nose in their own mess... well that's pretty funny.
It's hilarious when I read it here, but that's beside the point. I have a problem with Patrick Crayton as the team's official provider of bulletin board material for the rest of the league.