RECAP: Crayton on ESPN NEWS

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I don't know guys. This win would've been much nicer without the talking afterwards.

The Giants talked and talked about what they were going to do. We, on the other hand, shut our mouths and went to their house and dismantled them. Why even comment on it? The message was surely sent.

VCDefectors

Benched
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1762686 said:
I don't know guys. This win would've been much nicer without the talking afterwards.

The Giants talked and talked about what they were going to do. We, on the other hand, shut our mouths and went to their house and dismantled them. Why even comment on it? The message was surely sent.

Agreed. It's embarrassing, to say the least. Notice that it's not our star players acting like that. Even T.O. , who gets more crap from the media than any Cowboy I can remember, has been acting like a top-notch professional.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
percyhoward;1762505 said:
But he did it anyway, and nobody was laughing while he was doing it.

What does that tell ya?

it's just one aspect of motivation

hell, one year the Pats used the perceived media slight against them as bulletin board material, you don't remember them *****ing about being dissed by the media?

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
whats funny about this, IMO, is how Crayton is talkin smack and in all the interviews i saw TO do last nite he sounded...well like a patriot giving an interview.....everything TO had to say last night was "right" except for the little jab at the league for the "towel" fine

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
torrescatch22;1762733 said:
whats funny about this, IMO, is how Crayton is talkin smack and in all the interviews i saw TO do last nite he sounded...well like a patriot giving an interview.....everything TO had to say last night was "right" except for the little jab at the league for the "towel" fine

that's funny bringing up TO, the dude almost has to be PC everytime now, or he gets slammed and everyone says, "oh, here we go again", while Crayton basically has nothing to lose by doing this, except for hearing it from the class-action suit fans on message boards

Wood

Reaction score
I actually think Crayton is taking some pressure off TO and others with his media spot lighting. Its smart move on Crayton part...everyone is leaving TO alone and he is dominating again. Brilliant !

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
percyhoward;1762476 said:
About incentive and motivation--in the Patriots' last team meeting before the Super Bowl against Philly, Bellicheat just read the team some article he dug up describing the planned route of the Eagles' Super Bowl victory parade.

I'm surprised he didn't video tape the route and then let them watch it.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I have no problem with crayton talking smack.. jacobs is a B***** and so is Osi.

What crayton did on His TD was fine with me..Shut the Giants stadium the hell up...He straight up let them know the Cowboys are here to play.

If you want to play like saints then go back to the Campo Era...A Bunch of soft no personality, no talent no nothing Losers.

Our cowboys are tough and they have swagger...I think some people here have never played sports before...I think that's what it is. I'm competitive as hell and a little trash talking never hurt anybody.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
DallasDomination;1762768 said:
I have no problem with crayton talking smack.. jacobs is a B***** and so is Osi.

What crayton did on His TD was fine with me..Shut the Giants stadium the hell up...He straight up let them know the Cowboys are here to play.

If you want to play like saints then go back to the Campo Era...A Bunch of soft no personality, no talent no nothing Losers.

Our cowboys are tough and they have swagger...I think some people here have never played sports before...I think that's what it is. I'm competitive as hell and a little trash talking never hurt anybody.

:hammer:

tyke1doe

Reaction score

So if you win and keep your mouth closed, then you're playing like a saint? :confused: :rolleyes:

Uh, I think you'd be wrong. I dare say that almost all of us on this board have played sports (myself: football, baseball, track, wrestling, contact karate and softball), and a great majority of us didn't talk trash.

Wanna offer another generality for me to shoot down? ;)

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
percyhoward;1762505 said:
But he did it anyway, and nobody was laughing while he was doing it.

What does that tell ya?

He wasted his breath?

Nah, just kidding. In the grand scheme of things, superfluous comments and mind games don't win games, strategy and power do.

This line of thinking, that bulletin board material means anything is skirting along the borders of superstition.

If a team relies on support like that they'll lose often enough. It didn't help the Cowboys during the Campo/Quincy years, it's not going to hurt the Cowboys during the Phillips/Romo years.

Crayton might be distasteful in his comments, but they're harmless and causing far too much of row among the teams own fans. The Giants probably forgot about it already as they focus on Detroit.

TVMan

Reaction score
percyhoward;1762056 said:
It's hilarious when I read it here, but that's beside the point. I have a problem with Patrick Crayton as the team's official provider of bulletin board material for the rest of the league.

So, who would you rather hear T.O. running his mouth again?

I happen to like what the guy brings to the table. He is firing up his own team. Nothing wrong with that.

Mansta54

Reaction score

Amen, well said!!!:bow:

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1761494 said:
Talking about Jacobs how he plays like a girl. Went for Burnetts knees when he blitzed in instead of hittin' him in the mouth.
Talks about his TD. Why he placed the ball over the line was for the fans who hate the boys and that they made the Meadowlands their house last night.
Also talked about Burnett. Only got talked to by his fellow LBers. Said their was a lot of talking all game.
Romo-Always joking and laughing in the huddle.
Tank-excited to be back

A lot more under control than his previous stint on ESPN.
wow this was pointless. transcript would be nice...