RECAP: Crayton on ESPN NEWS

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;1762044 said:
I don't have a problem with people running their mouth, if they are good enough to do so.

If Romo wants to run his mouth; by all means. Go for it. If Ware wants to run his mouth; by all means, go for it.

But its Patrick Crayton.

That's why I'd prefer him to shut up.
Crayton's a starter and a heavy contributor to the 'boys being 8-1. He can talk.

Now if it had been Miles Austin or Sam Hurd or somebody, then yeah I might have a gripe.

Truthfully, I doubt their saying anything that others on the team aren't thinking. Shoot, I was glad when Roy came out last week and said that McNabb was delusional.

I realize people might have an issue with Crayton, because prior to this year, his role was smaller. But he's stepped up to the plate this year and delivered.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;1762044 said:
I don't have a problem with people running their mouth, if they are good enough to do so.

If Romo wants to run his mouth; by all means. Go for it. If Ware wants to run his mouth; by all means, go for it.

But its Patrick Crayton.

That's why I'd prefer him to shut up.

but Pat isn't some scrub, backup player, he's actually a good player

and he did have a good game, he earned his right to talk, esp. this week

now I'll be right w/ you if Crayton doesn't do anything and talks, like he did after the Pat's game

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1762068 said:
now I'll be right w/ you if Crayton doesn't do anything and talks, like he did after the Pat's game
I can appreciate the distinction you made, but I'm more convinced by how a player (and team) performs after he talks.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1762067 said:
Crayton's a starter and a heavy contributor to the 'boys being 8-1. He can talk.

Now if it had been Miles Austin or Sam Hurd or somebody, then yeah I might have a gripe.

Truthfully, I doubt their saying anything that others on the team aren't thinking. Shoot, I was glad when Roy came out last week and said that McNabb was delusional.

I realize people might have an issue with Crayton, because prior to this year, his role was smaller. But he's stepped up to the plate this year and delivered.

I personally don't have a problem with Crayton talking. Every since Pat has been on the team his has made the Commanders (Taylor) look that a poster child.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1761653 said:
bluestarBong.jpg

YAKUZA
That thing looks way too clean to me.

Not that I'd know...
:laugh2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
percyhoward;1762087 said:
I can appreciate the distinction you made, but I'm more convinced by how a player (and team) performs after he talks.

So you'd rather have a player that talks BEFORE doing something, kinda like the Giants, rather than Crayton who has been talking about his team, not about himself like many here seem to keep implying, AFTER they do something?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
superpunk;1761506 said:
lol...he's like our version of Pierce and Brandon Jacobs.

Decent player who can't stop running his mouth while only occasionally showing up. At least he waited til post game.

Can anyone explain to me how Jacobs is the offensive player of the month over one Adrian Peterson?

Peterson had two monster games against inferior opponents and two games in which he was totally shut down.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Paniolo22;1761494 said:
Talking about Jacobs how he plays like a girl. Went for Burnetts knees when he blitzed in instead of hittin' him in the mouth.

That is indeed a stupid comment since that's exactly the way Burnett tackled him on almost every play he was in on, including the one where he got the penalty for running his mouth...dove into his ankles, ala Roy.

Not saying that type of tackle doesn't make sense on a guy that big, but don't tackle him that way and then call him a sissy because he blocks the blitz that way....JUST PLAIN STUPID. If you're going to run your mouth, at least be funny and say something that makes sense...he needs to hire a writer.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1762188 said:
So you'd rather have a player that talks BEFORE doing something, kinda like the Giants, rather than Crayton who has been talking about his team, not about himself like many here seem to keep implying, AFTER they do something?
It would've been 100 times sweeter if he'd said that about Jacobs before the game, and then went out and scored a TD. Mouthing off after the fact just rubs salt in the Giants' wound and gives them more incentive for the next meeting. Whenever that may be.

Little Jr

Reaction score
percyhoward;1762445 said:
It would've been 100 times sweeter if he'd said that about Jacobs before the game, and then went out and scored a TD. Mouthing off after the fact just rubs salt in the Giants' wound and gives them more incentive for the next meeting. Whenever that may be.

I dont buy the incentive and motivation thing. If the Cowboys were to meet the Giants again in the playoff and lose, I dont think it will be because of his comments. It might make him look like a moron but it wont have anything to do with the outcome of the game.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Little Jr;1762460 said:
I dont buy the incentive and motivation thing.
About incentive and motivation--in the Patriots' last team meeting before the Super Bowl against Philly, Bellicheat just read the team some article he dug up describing the planned route of the Eagles' Super Bowl victory parade.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Wow, far too analytical for some football smack talk.
It's a big boys game; fear of giving a team bulletin board material is for where the Cowboys were a year or two ago: not confident enough in their own ability that they don't want to get the other guy angry.

At least Crayton was smart enough to do it after the whipping and not before the loss, like the jerky Giants.

Little Jr

Reaction score
percyhoward;1762476 said:
About incentive and motivation--in the Patriots' last team meeting before the Super Bowl against Philly, Bellicheat just read the team some article he dug up describing the planned route of the Eagles' Super Bowl victory parade.

So that won them the game? They won the game becasue they were the better team.JMO!!!

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
percyhoward;1762476 said:

Well that settles it, that's why the Pats won.
The succeding years of still being a great team, notwithstanding, it's that little bit of incentive that did it.

:lmao:
They would have won anyway.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
starfrombirth;1761925 said:
You and everyone like you are the reasons the NFL is becoming known as the no fun league. The Giants ran their traps all week and during the game. Crayton came up big in the game and let them know about it. So he used really bad words like urine (woooh!). Their is a point after someone talking so much crap that you cant help but say something back. Jacobs talked constantly even when he was getting whipped. I think Crayton did the right thing. He backed up his team and gave the other team a little of their own medicine AFTER his team had one. If it was only a little talking by the Giants I would say leave it alone and I'm sure Crayton would have. Unfortunately the Giants didn't have as much class as you say Crayton should have. Get off your high horse and his back. :starspin

Yeah, NFL football was no fun until players started talking trash in the media. :rolleyes:

Oh, and please can the "high horse" argument. It's so elementary.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DaBoyz73;1762120 said:
I personally don't have a problem with Crayton talking. Every since Pat has been on the team his has made the Commanders (Taylor) look that a poster child.

You forget that Sean Taylor flattened Crayton and made him drop a sure first down pass. The Skins ultimately won that game.