RECAP: Darren Woodson on ESPN Radio - 11/21/2008

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2433134 said:
Newman said the ball sailed in the wind at the last second. Newman had great coverage and jumped for the ball, but he ended up mis-timing it because it sailed. That's the reason Moss had a chance to catch it -- and the same reason why he was unable to catch it.

T.O. had drops in the game too that could have changed the landscape. We also had a long run by barber negated by s hoding call that was a bad call. So yes, Dallas may have dodged a bullet by that long pass to Moss, but it's not like the Commanders didn't doge multiple bullets themselves. They even got two gift interceptions, so I don't want to hear how we doged one bullet when we handed them a loaded gun with 5 more bullets that we prevented them from shooting. Really!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
FCBarca;2433160 said:
Two reasons why it 'should've' been caught...One, Moss didn't get just one hand on it, he had two...Two, Moss got turned around...Had he continued his path instead of searching for the ball (Which was on the money) and turning around, he would've had it in his bread basket - in stride...Newman, despite a stellar job for the night, was beat.

The pass was NOT "on the money," it was over his outside shoulder, which is why Moss got turned around. Newman had perfect position if the ball had been "on the money." It wasn't -- probably because of the wind, which is what Newman said happened. Because the ball sailed, Moss had a chance to catch it, but it was too difficult to catch while turning to his outside shoulder.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
FCBarca;2433163 said:
Watch that replay sometime, that ball arrived on a rope...Barely any air under it...Only sailing it did was when it left Jason's hand...Personally, I thought it was a helluva pass

I had the same impression. TNew played a whale of a game, but he dodged a bullet on that one. Good thing Moss is a smurf.

http://img241.*************/img241/5271/ch51sunnov162008d103222ar7.jpg

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
31smackdown;2433177 said:
I'll be ok if Pacman comes back just to return punts. In the meantime, Crayton has to stop holding that thing like a loaf of bread.

Felix Jones is out for the season and Austin is hurt now... let him return KO as well... with how pathetic out special teams are, let him do them both.

FCBarca

Reaction score
bbgun;2433221 said:
I had the same impression. TNew played a whale of a game, but he dodged a bullet on that one. Good thing Moss is a smurf.

Great shot...But, I'm tellin ya, had Moss not got turned around he would've had it...Which begs the question as to why he turned around...Bullet dodged...Still amazed at that pass, he's got an arm

FCBarca

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2433200 said:
The pass was NOT "on the money," it was over his outside shoulder, which is why Moss got turned around. Newman had perfect position if the ball had been "on the money." It wasn't -- probably because of the wind, which is what Newman said happened. Because the ball sailed, Moss had a chance to catch it, but it was too difficult to catch while turning to his outside shoulder.

Last I checked, QBs put a ball on the outside shoulder when the safety and db are on the inside :rolleyes:

FCBarca

Reaction score
DoomsDayII;2433187 said:
+1 newman clearly said the wind impacted his not being able to get to the ball. any other night and that ball is either knocked down or picked off, it was underthrown and the wind carried it

Underthrown?? :lmao2:

Replays son, replays

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
bbgun;2433221 said:

There's photographic proof that it wasn't a perfect pass. If it had been, we wouldn't be able to see the numbers on Moss' jersey. He had to go from running toward the goalpost (his back would be to the camera) to turning back in the air and catching a ball that was sailing over his outside shoulder.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
FCBarca;2433329 said:
Last I checked, QBs put a ball on the outside shoulder when the safety and db are on the inside

Not if the receiver has any separation (which Moss did not). And when the wide receiver is angling his route toward the middle -- as Moss was -- and you put the ball on his outside shoulder, that makes it an extremely difficult catch.

had Moss not got turned around he would've had it. ... Which begs the question as to why he turned around.

How do you propose he catches a ball over his outside shoulder without turning around?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
FCBarca;2433032 said:
Watching the game again on NFL Replay and had already forgotten how easily that W could've been a L.

i get tired head when people say we couldve easily lost....IF...."if "is part of the game.......for every IF you say about how we couldve lost i can tell you 2 IFs of why we should have blown them out....its not a game of almosts its a game of absolutes......

just like that Phily game........"IF Mcpuke doesn't fumble we would have lost"..........its ridiculous some act as if it weren't for other teams making mistakes we wouldn't ever win

tyke1doe

Reaction score
dadymat;2433370 said:
i get tired head when people say we couldve easily lost....IF...."if "is part of the game.......for every IF you say about how we couldve lost i can tell you 2 IFs of why we should have blown them out....its not a game of almosts its a game of absolutes......

just like that Phily game........"IF Mcpuke doesn't fumble we would have lost"..........its ridiculous some act as if it weren't for other teams making mistakes we wouldn't ever win

:clap:

Wins and losses don't come with asterisks or ifs.

Who cares how we won or by how much (other than bettors and bookies). We won.
In Washington.
On Sunday night.
With a quarterback with an injured pinkie.
Let's move on.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
This thread is turning into "who can :dissskin: the farthest".

By, the way, it's you Adam! :thumbup:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Newman wasn't beaten on the play; he merely mistimed his jump. Moss timed it just right, but dropped it anyway.

http://img353.*************/img353/6769/49285447kk1.jpg

tunahelper

Reaction score
hendog;2433009 said:
I remember Roper. I think after he was cut he became the land lord on the show Three's Company.

That Roper was wirey strong. Strong tendons they say?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2433460 said:
Newman wasn't beaten on the play; he merely mistimed his jump. Moss timed it just right, but dropped it anyway.

Very cool, bbgun. Basically, Newman had very good position, but b/c the ball was high and outside, Moss had a chance at it anyway. Had Campbell put the ball anyplace else, it likely would have been another pick. Had Newman timed his jump correctly, there was no way it could have been caught.

Hard to say if it sailed or not, but the play was an incompletion anyway. The bad guys don't get credit for almost catching it.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
and if we didnt have 2 picks near the Commanders redzone it would have been a blowout

If games are fun!