RECAP: Glenn told werder...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2158222 said:
No kidding. Especially because it's not like we have to release someone who was here last year. Terry was on the roster all last year.

I guess this could cost us Danny Amendola or Daniel Polk. :cool:

I would like to see what TG has through TC. If that knee holds up and doesn't flare up (I really dont see that happening - maybe) then he should be with the team helping them win games this year.

I really like Terry.

kmp77

Reaction score
I don't want to lose Amendola to an aging/injury risk player. I loved Glenn's production while he was here but I don't want it hurting us down the line. Now if you tell me Glenn will be back to his old self I may say keep him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think Glenn should let the door hit him where the lord split him and he should kick rocks barefooted.

Bizwah

Reaction score
kmp77;2158236 said:
I don't want to lose Amendola to an aging/injury risk player. I loved Glenn's production while he was here but I don't want it hurting us down the line. Now if you tell me Glenn will be back to his old self I may say keep him.

I don't know how we can say that without seeing Amendola in a PS game at least.

I really wonder if Jerry imposed that roster stipulation HOPING that Glenn would leave on his own.

zack

Reaction score
Danny White;2158049 said:
I'm right there with ya!

I want him back this season badly. Yes, we will be in deep trouble if TO does go down. I would love to see what and how Garret would incorporate him in the offense..

zeromaster

Reaction score
Myself, I believe Glenn when he says he's been working hard and believes he's good for the entire season.

However, anything can happen in the course of a season (to any member of the team I know). Glenn has a much smaller margin for error on that part of it. Somebody is going to tackle him around the knees at some point, intentional or not. That's where the real risk lies.

I don't see any problem with bringing him in for TC if the touches for the younger WRs are managed correctly (ie., they get a lot more than Glenn). Let him play a couple of preseason games even. The real decision will be a week or two before the season starts, or at least when the first cuts have to be made.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The thing is there is no way the Cowboys will be able to sneak one of the young guys onto the practice squad, because Mr. Ireland, Mr. Parcells and the Dolphins have first rights on players clearing waivers and their #1 need right now is more WR's. The Dolphins were one of the teams pushing hardest for Amandola as an undrafted free agent.

But I see no reason the Cowboys shouldn't bring Glenn to camp for 3 weeks just to see what he's got.

juck

Reaction score
Could we trade him and some pieces for anything in the wr dept?

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Glenn has said OK to the split contract and is ready to go, but Jerry is suddenly holding things up, there may be something else going on.

Something having to do with a disgruntled Vet WR on another team perhaps?

This is TOTAL speculation on my part here but...

1) Boldin is starting to make noise.

2) Philly is in dire need of a Player like Boldin and has valuable pieces to offer in Andrews and/or Sheppard.

3) Jerry may not only want to get Boldin, but really want to prevent Philly from getting him. There's an opportunity to improve our team and hurt the competition with one move.

4) If Boldin were to come to Dallas, it would be Glenn's spot that he would very likely be taking.

It may be that JJ is just holding off so he can quietly make a play to get Boldin. Putting Glenn on the roster complicates that.

Just a thought.