RECAP: Glenn told werder...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Xy_Oldone;2158098 said:
I would not argue any of these points. Parcells never asked Glenn to practice overly much. He said he was like a porche. He only needed fine tuning.

But all this aside. Who do you sign that has more potention than Glenn, if healthy? And how do you get them for 1.7 mil?
I don't know but I find it funny how after Jerry shelled out a lot of money resigning players he is fighting with Glenn over such a little amount.

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2158097 said:
He could also been given an injury settlement and released.

As for replacing him I don't remember who was available last year.

Well you might know better than I, but was not they 5 million a roster bonus? If so we could have released him but then he would have ended up costing us 5 million for the year and had 0 plays. Plus his injury setelment.

I think we made the right move last year. IF we would have beaten the Giants, Glenn could have been big for us. Expecially against NE. Hind sight is 20/20.

This year ultimatly has nothing to do with last. If Glenn is released bet your bottom doller he will be in Miami within a week. IF, and I mean if he passes his physical. He will make more than 1.7 mill.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rampage;2158110 said:
I don't know but I find it funny how after Jerry shelled out a lot of money resigning players he is fighting with Glenn over such a little amount.

From my perspective after hearing all this stuff from ed and jerry yesterday, it has never been about the money.

The bigger picture is can he be counted on and should they put the faith in him if he will let them down again?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2158037 said:
Am I the only one still holding out hope that Terry Glenn will sign and be a prdouctive Cowboy this year?

Nope, and somewhere in this world there's a "LaTuna Nostra" that's hoping for the same.

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
Rampage;2158110 said:

So do I.

My question is this. If he shows up to camp and we later cut him is he due the 1.7. If not then let him come to camp.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2158114 said:
From my perspective after hearing all this stuff from ed and jerry yesterday, it has never been about the money.

The bigger picture is can he be counted on and should they put the faith in him if he will let them down again?
might as well give it a shot though.............right?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2158110 said:

Well you play players to play not to sit on the bench. Considering how injury prone and his age its safe to asusme that if not for the settlement he Jerry would be on the @## end of the deal.

I think glenn should be gone and shipped out of hear. He doesn't have much under them legs of his and what he does have we don't need we need to part ways.

LongSnapper

Reaction score
theebs;2158114 said:

:hammer:

sago1

Reaction score
Jerry might be swayed by Romo who I understand really wants a healthy Terry Glenn back. It's fine to think some of the coaching staff might want to get a lot more snaps for the younger WRs but it's Romo whose got to get it done & only he knows how much he trusts Glenn vs Hurd, Austin & Stanback. Depending on how well the 3 produce in TC/preseason games could go long way towards Romo gaining confidence in them. No doubt our QB (only entering his 2nd full season) still sees Glenn as part of his security blanket just like he sees Witten.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
sago1;2158124 said:
Jerry might be swayed by Romo who I understand really wants a healthy Terry Glenn back. It's fine to think some of the coaching staff might want to get a lot more snaps for the younger WRs but it's Romo whose got to get it done & only he knows how much he trusts Glenn vs Hurd, Austin & Stanback. Depending on how well the 3 produce in TC/preseason games could go long way towards Romo gaining confidence in them. No doubt our QB (only entering his 2nd full season) still sees Glenn as part of his security blanket just like he sees Witten.

I don't even think Glenn is healthy didn't he refuse to take a physical.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rampage;2158121 said:
might as well give it a shot though.............right?

I believe so.

Not really losing anything, just gaining.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2158126 said:
I believe so.

Not really losing anything, just gaining.

I think Glenn is a lost of money time effor and reps for Hurd Austin and Stanbach. Lets get this guy out of Dallas.

sacase

Reaction score
I think he will be back. Jerry and Glenn will sit down and talk and make everything good.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the positive side, it says a lot about what the position coaches think of the young WRs that they're considering going with just them and TO in a year where we're contenders.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;2158141 said:
On the positive side, it says a lot about what the position coaches think of the young WRs that they're considering going with just them and TO in a year where we're contenders.

Yeah, but then we've got Jerry talking about the potential for a trade.

Hard to know what to believe.....

:banghead:

arync

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm a TG fan and I want to see him on this team. If he's healthy making it through camp will provide the answer and if not we should move on. But, I think he deserves the chance

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Terry Glenn says he's agreed with the Dallas Cowboys on a contract that means the oft-injured receiver will not be paid his entire $1.7 million salry should he reinjure his right knee, Glenn told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Glenn

However, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones hasn't decided if he wants to take a chance on Glenn, according to Werder. Jones has not told Glenn is he should report to camp, or expect to be released.
Jones is reportedly concerned about depth at the wide receiver position beyond Terrell Owens. Others in the Cowboys' organization are worried about Glenn's health. He was one topic in a team staff meeting on Thursday.
"Hopefully, this gets worked out. Jerry holds the key," Glenn told Werder.
The amount Glenn will be paid is not known.
Glenn missed 15 games after having two surgeries on his right knee last season.
Glenn's helmet and practice equipment are in Oxnard, Calif., where the Cowboys open training camp on Friday. Glenn is in Dallas at his home.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
What else is Jerry going to to do? Hope and pray that one of the young ones comes around.

I can't see Jerry not letting Glenn come back. If he can't stay on the field, move on but he can get on the field, he needs to be on the team.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
No kidding. Especially because it's not like we have to release someone who was here last year. Terry was on the roster all last year.

I guess this could cost us Danny Amendola or Daniel Polk. :cool:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
As far as "stealing reps" ... ugh, I would gladly cut Mark Bradford or Daniel Polk and let him "steal" their practice reps. If you're worried about Glenn stealing Hurd or Austin's reps in preseason games, fine ... sit Glenn in the preseason games, or just let him play a couple of series in the final game after all the roster cuts have been made. But if you can get Glenn for $500k, the potential reward way outweighs the risk. Plus, he's just a good guy to have on the team working with the young WRs, and it gives Romo a peace of mind since he's publicly campaigning for Terry. Keep the big guy happy.