RECAP: Glenn told werder...

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2158037 said:
Am I the only one still holding out hope that Terry Glenn will sign and be a prdouctive Cowboy this year?

Nope, but he must realize jerry paid him 5 million bucks last season for four plays. Time for Glenn to make some concessions and repay jerry.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I am definitely for Glenn. I think we are better with him. I won't be horrified to see him go but it would be nice if he could contribute.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
theebs;2158042 said:
ed just said He believes glenn has agreed, now the holdup is Jerry and the organization deciding if they want him. They dont want glenn taking reps from the younger guys if he is going to end up hurt.

Thats stupid, thats like saying we don't want TO taking reps away from the young guys if he gets hurt. Injuries are part of the game, they most likely are going to happen. Yes, Glenn is more injury prone but it is still part of the game.

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2158055 said:
Yeah he still got 5 mil for what 4 plays? Where do I sign? :laugh1:
I am sorry but I do not get it. That happens all the time in football. Players get hurt after the first game or even in pre-season and the team keeps them on the roster and they collect thier pay for the year. I mean it happens every single year to someone.

And very rarely are they asked the next year to sign a waiver. I do not see why Glenn is an exception to the standard. And why we are going crazy over 1.7 mill when even counting that we are like 10 mil under the cap.

With rookies getting around 10 mil a year. When they have not even proven themselves. And 30-40 million garaunteed. Why are people so crazy over this. We are betting 1.7 million Glenn can come and be productive after an injury. The same guy who has PROVEN to have elite speed and great hands. Yet other teams are paying 5-10 mill for a guy who has never done anything. I would be going crazy about that not the Glenn situation.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theebs;2158042 said:
ed just said He believes glenn has agreed, now the holdup is Jerry and the organization deciding if they want him.
Say what?

Pull your head out of your ***, Jerry.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
ajk23az;2158066 said:
Thats stupid, thats like saying we don't want TO taking reps away from the young guys if he gets hurt. Injuries are part of the game, they most likely are going to happen. Yes, Glenn is more injury prone but it is still part of the game.

I think that is the problem though. They dont want to be worrying about glenn being hurt everyday and then hurting the team in two ways. His absence and then his slowing down of the younger guys in practice.

I can understand it both ways. this is the time the young guys get work. Come september those guys will not be involved in the preperation like they are now.

I hope glenn is brought back and produces.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2158042 said:
ed just said He believes glenn has agreed, now the holdup is Jerry and the organization deciding if they want him. They dont want glenn taking reps from the younger guys if he is going to end up hurt.

If that's the case, it's definitely not fair.

Glenn's doing all he can and is holding up his end of the deal.

The least the team can do is to give him the opportunity.

If the knee can't hold up, both sides make the tough decision and part ways.

But if he's willing to sign the split contract, I think the team owes him at least that much.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Xy_Oldone;2158068 said:
I am sorry but I do not get it. That happens all the time in football. Players get hurt after the first game or even in pre-season and the team keeps them on the roster and they collect thier pay for the year. I mean it happens every single year to someone.

And very rarely are they asked the next year to sign a waiver. I do not see why Glenn is an exception to the standard. And why we are going crazy over 1.7 mill when even counting that we are like 10 mil under the cap.

With rookies getting around 10 mil a year. When they have not even proven themselves. And 30-40 million garaunteed. Why are people so crazy over this. We are betting 1.7 million Glenn can come and be productive after an injury. The same guy who has PROVEN to have elite speed and great hands. Yet other teams are paying 5-10 mill for a guy who has never done anything. I would be going crazy about that not the Glenn situation.

He was kept on the roster when he could have been put on IR thus free up that spot for another player. Jerry had faith that he could return and got 4 plays for it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Xy_Oldone;2158068 said:

yeah but glenn is

#1 an older player

#2 just had 2 operations on his knee

#3 is injury prone

#4 is very injury prone when Parcells isn't around.

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
theebs;2158071 said:
I think that is the problem though. They dont want to be worrying about glenn being hurt everyday and then hurting the team in two ways. His absence and then his slowing down of the younger guys in practice.

I can understand it both ways. this is the time the young guys get work. Come september those guys will not be involved in the preperation like they are now.

I hope glenn is brought back and produces.

This argument I can understand. But on the same page. Glenn really does not need as many reps anyway. He is a vertern. Let him get his reps with second team. If healthy he needs to get back his speed and get some practice with the offensive system. Let him play the final couple of pre-season games if he stays healthy.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
stasheroo;2158080 said:
If that's the case, it's definitely not fair.

Glenn's doing all he can and is holding up his end of the deal.

The least the team can do is to give him the opportunity.

If the knee can't hold up, both sides make the tough decision and part ways.

But if he's willing to sign the split contract, I think the team owes him at least that much.

This sounds just like what JJT said three weeks ago.

Glenn probably wont be invited to camp. Shockingly it sounds lik he may have been right on the money.

LongSnapper

Reaction score
The thing is I once too needed micro fracture I had good days where there was no problemo then I had days where a tiny piece of cartlidge would get loose and I couldn't do squat. Mind you I was just a HS die hard and tried to play through but eventually I just couldnt go. So under the knife I went took a couple of years to get to 100% and thats the crux of Terry's problem kinda sux for both him and the Boys

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2158082 said:
He was kept on the roster when he could have been put on IR thus free up that spot for another player. Jerry had faith that he could return and got 4 plays for it.

Well if he would have been put on IR he still would have got the 5 million. So that is what I was disscussing.

If we are discussing the roster spot and not the money, which I thought was your point, then who would you have replaced him with?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Xy_Oldone;2158093 said:
Well if he would have been put on IR he still would have got the 5 million. So that is what I was disscussing.

If we are discussing the roster spot and not the money, which I thought was your point, then who would you have replaced him with?

He could also been given an injury settlement and released.

As for replacing him I don't remember who was available last year.

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
Rampage;2158083 said:
yeah but glenn is

#1 an older player

#2 just had 2 operations on his knee

#3 is injury prone

#4 is very injury prone when Parcells isn't around.

I would not argue any of these points. Parcells never asked Glenn to practice overly much. He said he was like a porche. He only needed fine tuning.

But all this aside. Who do you sign that has more potention than Glenn, if healthy? And how do you get them for 1.7 mil?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
We will see how much weight Romo pulls around here.

He is a BIG TG supporter and wants him as one of his weapons.

Bend that ear Tony.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2158087 said:
This sounds just like what JJT said three weeks ago.

Glenn probably wont be invited to camp. Shockingly it sounds lik he may have been right on the money.

If that's the case - move on.

But not like the Packers and just talk like you're moving on.

Actually do it.

If the team doesn't want Glenn back, release him and let him try to find a job with another team.

You can't have it both ways.

I don't see the wrong in at least giving him the opportunity to practice and play if he's willing to assume some of the risk?

Put him on the field like any other player, don't baby him or his knee and see if it holds up.

If it doesn't, release him and you're stuck for the $500,000.00 - big deal.

Not much to pay to find out.