Recap: Some more Trysten Hill positivity from Stephen Jones

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have even heard rumblings that we like Captain Munnerlyn...lol...

Williamsboys

Reaction score
It would be really nice if veteran players like Aldon Smith, Dontari Poe and even Demarcus Lawrence take Hill under their wings and show him how things are done here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if a player wants to get into another line of work, so be it, FINE...do not waste the fans time and money. Serious applicants only apply.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
With all the egg on their face drafting a guy in the second that could have been had in the fourth what would you expect Jones to say?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It would be really nice if veteran players like Aldon Smith, Dontari Poe and even Demarcus Lawrence take Hill under their wings and show him how things are done here.

Hill strikes me as the type that would not want Reggie White to mentor him.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
jason ferguson getting hurt in week 1 of 2007 put Ratliff in as the starter at the nose and he turned out great.
Ratliff turned out great?

You mean he played the situation to the hilt and signed a big contract with his guaranteed money and baled.

Ratliff has to be one of the worst players we ever have had. But I know you ain't talking about his short circuit.

You are talking about how he got started with us as a keeper and came from nowhere.

It surprised all of us when he did what he did. I do not think he is even playing anymore.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Tomsula spoke highly of hill also. and he seemed like a guy who does not say that if it isnt true.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Good stuff!

Couldn't help rolling my eyes at Stephen when we are discussing Hill but also a lack of resource spent on Safety---when Hill is specifically the player they took instead of stud Safety Juan Thornhill last year in the draft.
:muttley:

Our pick comes up in the 2nd round and several safeties were there and half the board is screaming "take Thornhill, please!" Then we take Hill a round earlier than most thought he'd go. Thornhill goes on to be all-rookie and an apparent future star.
:banghead:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We do have a good team..

Denying that is just a not realistic.

Now we need the results.

Who is denying that we have a good team? So if your not overwhelmingly excited that a middle round rookie gets a few props, that means that you don't think we have a good team?

Did you think Taco looked good too?

MikeB80

Reaction score

You mean he played the situation to the hilt and signed a big contract with his guaranteed money and baled.

Ratliff has to be one of the worst players we ever have had. But I know you ain't talking about his short circuit.

You are talking about how he got started with us as a keeper and came from nowhere.

It surprised all of us when he did what he did. I do not think he is even playing anymore.

Uhh yea I will just go ahead and disagree that "ratliff was one of the worst players we have ever had"

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The best thing about Big Mac's comment is that Hill was not one of his draft picks; so, you know he is not just trying to save face.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The best thing about Big Mac's comment is that Hill was not one of his draft picks; so, you know he is not just trying to save face.

There was also an article on the first day of practice that Hill was beating OL in drills, so the improvement was clear from the start.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Trysten Hill was considered a top 75 prospect by almost all NFL teams. Maybe the Cowboys picked him too early at #58, but he wouldn't have lasted to their next pick at #90 last year. None of us knows if Hill will become a good player for the Cowboys. But it was always stupid to judge him a failure because of the trouble he had in his rookie season.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

of course he isn’t playing anymore, we drafted him 15 years ago lol

plasticman

Reaction score
Football opinions by coaches and players are valuable, not so much the guy that makes his money selling the tickets. His opinions run the risk of being motivated by financial considerations.

I had hoped that Stephen would learn from the real GM's and act accordingly, give the stage to the team and the guy that runs it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Thus far Hill has had a good training camp by all accounts, clearly he has a lot to prove after the disappointment of last season. Having said that Hill is entering his 2nd season I'm more than willing to give the kid a chance before labeling him as a bust pick.