Recieving Corp by committee a disaster so far

Hadenough

Reaction score
Whoever thought this recieving Corp would be ok should be fired.

You can’t come in with less talent and expect better results. It’s amazing we expect our coaching to elevate lesser talent . Lol

We want to place blame everywhere but the talent or lack of it.

Don’t buy the rhetoric coming out of front office and Jerry. They’re just trying to cover up their poor personnel decisions.

Our passing offense is struggling because of a lack of talent.
Sorry the game tape tells the truth! Dak is the problem!

Hadenough

Reaction score
[QUOTE="kskboys, post

It's like they expect Dak to go straight from the stroller to the NFL.
It is his 3rd season.[/QUOTE]
People expect progress not regress. Dak has been figured out and doesnt have the tools to change it.

Johnny23

Reaction score
They should have dressed and played Rico. We would have won the game.
Considering the fact Blake Jarwin was running free and Dak couldn't see him what makes you think Rico a guy who has no chemistry with Dak abd hasn't played regular season NFL football would have made a difference? Seriously you have to be trolling with 99 percent of your posts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sorry the game tape tells the truth! Dak is the problem!
I understand but this thread isn’t intended to about that.

Many had claimed this recieving Corp by committee would be the answer. And if Game 1 is any indication, they aren’t .

As a matter of fact it looks like it’s supporting those who had concerns there would be a drop off without Dez and Witten which many also argued against.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What do you want those receivers to do that they didn't do? Get open? They did that! And you can't blame the receivers for not catching passes that were never thrown, or thrown so badly you couldn't have caught it with a net.
You don't think the receivers were open? Then you didn't watch the film clip in the thread "I changed my mind on Linehan"

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-changed-my-mind-on-linehan.414508/

They were open Diehard. Repeatedly.
In 2016 Dak would've killed the Panthers with THESE receivers.
2018, different year/different Dak.
Like I mentioned in above post this isn’t intended to be about Our QB.

This recieving Corp by committee was billed by many to be part of the solution and I’d argue our passing game appears to have regressed without Dez and Witten who were also heavily criticized by some of the same critics.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
We could have julio jones, Gronk and OBJ out there and it wouldn't make any diferrence.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This recieving Corp by committee was billed by many to be part of the solution and I’d argue our passing game appears to have regressed without Dez and Witten who were also heavily criticized by some of the same critics.

And I didn't make it about the QB. You're dodging my question. You're criticizing our receivers so what do you want them to do that they're not doing? They were getting open! What else can they do? They can't catch a pass that either never gets thrown or is too badly thrown to catch it.
How exactly were they to blame for the "passing game to have regressed"?

Hadenough

Reaction score

Its hard to get a read on the passing game without including the guy throwing the ball. I thought guys were open though.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Its hard to get a read on the passing game without including the guy throwing the ball. I thought guys were open though.
Exactly! Diehard wants to call the receivers low talent with no basis for the complaint. If they never get open and/or have too many drops etc, OK. That can be criticized. But when they get open numerous times and the QB fails to take advantage of it, you can't blame it on the receivers.
Of course the passing game has regressed, but in this case that is clearly on the QB.
That film showed times where Dak was looking right at open receivers downfield and didn't throw the ball!

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
I understand but this thread isn’t intended to about that.

Many had claimed this recieving Corp by committee would be the answer. And if Game 1 is any indication, they aren’t .

As a matter of fact it looks like it’s supporting those who had concerns there would be a drop off without Dez and Witten which many also argued against.

But if they're doing their jobs and getting open, what more do you expect?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Considering the fact Blake Jarwin was running free and Dak couldn't see him what makes you think Rico a guy who has no chemistry with Dak abd hasn't played regular season NFL football would have made a difference? Seriously you have to be trolling with 99 percent of your posts.
You must not know how big Rico is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But if they're doing their jobs and getting open, what more do you expect?
I understand but that’s not the point. This recieving Corp by committee didn’t provide the answer or improvement in our passing game as it was touted.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I understand but that’s not the point. This recieving Corp by committee didn’t provide the answer or improvement in our passing game as it was touted.
You still haven't explained to me how you know all of this after one game.

Should we still fire the person that thought it was a good idea or wait til game 2?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again I understand but we knew what Daks issues were coming in and this recieving Corp was touted as a better compliment when it fact it wasnt at least in the opener.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Hard to say that after week one where some receivers barely got any looks and we were limited in how many snaps we had on offense because Dak could not convert on 3rd down

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You still haven't explained to me how you know all of this after one game.

Should we still fire the person that thought it was a good idea or wait til game 2?
I’m just evaluating after one game.

Get past the firing part. That was meant to refer if this doesn’t change .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you’re not interested in discussing the effects of results after one game ... why are you here?

Check back in a few weeks or the end of the season.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I’m just evaluating after one game.

Get past the firing part. That was meant to refer if this doesn’t change .
I'm just yanking your chain man. We'll be celebrating together when the Cowboys drag the Giants Sunday night.