Recieving Corp by committee a disaster so far

blueblood70

Reaction score
Just people not comprehending NFL football.
first off Jwitt retired on his own, not forced out and most were not happy he was gone..Our point is Dak would have to spread the ball around more and Jwitts numbers the last 4 yrs would be an easy achievement for the replacements..problem is DAk just missed them ALL first game..need to fix that..this has zero0000000 to do with the replacements as the OP TRIED but failed to prove..the proof is in all the game tape..Dak and the Oline failed us even though Linehan threw way too much 70% over running Zeke only 15 times, if you watch all this game tape coming since sunday, his WRs and Tes were open all day, why you ask, stacking the boxes and going 1 on 1 to all pass patterns , well DAK did not take advantage..some was the line and time but most was his inability, this game, to see the entire field and access quickly where he was going with the ball..this was squarely on Dak and worse he hesitated to run as well, odd he played like he was scared to make mistakes and lose and it just had the wheels come off the offense..make the D pay for stacking boxes the WR were open Dak missed it..issue this week is The giants have better corners may not have the same open receiver's that Carolina left open all day and didnt care..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
[QUOTE="kskboys, post

It's like they expect Dak to go straight from the stroller to the NFL.[/QUOTE]
It is his 3rd season.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not yet. You're trying to come to a the conclusion way too early.
No, im just trying to establish it appears to be a failure. It could change of course. But at least initially many of our concerns going in are justified.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Aikman long story on NFL network? I do, but what I actually remember out of the whole story was what he said about their first Sb against the bill's. Irwin was asked about a TD that broke the game open, where Aikman was pretty much covered up in pass rush, it was asked, how in the hell did you make that throw, Aikman said something like, I just threw the ball where I knew he Irvin would be, and he was. Something along those lines, that has stuck with me now watching what our coaching staff is passing off as a passing game. It smells of no continuity, not knowing what the right hand is doing so to speak. Granted, this is a team effort, but at the end of the day you have to see that all the changes in how they practice, and hold their special players out of preseason is costing not just the boys, but seems a few other teams as well. It was however the players and their union that made it so they do simple "walk through's" instead of suiting up and going to hit and play football...IMHO, it's like buying a really pretty red mazarotti, but never having driven it. Only to find the moment you fire it up, and pull onto the highway the wheels come off....

Rayman70

Reaction score
Someone needs to look more closely to the tape.
There were guys open throughout the game.

I don't get the OP title anyway after just one game.
you can have open guys running free til the cows come home...THATS WONDERFUL. But the QB has to have time to set his feet and deliver an accurate ball. Many times last week,he simply didn't have that extra half a beat to do that...then when he did have some time, his confidence and trust was totally shot,and that's on him. All it will take is for him to complete 2 or 3 in a row and we will see a new Dak. It starts with the hogs up front.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm not a big believer in the "by committee" approach but I will say this. After last weeks game, I don't know how you can draw conclusions on anything at this point. Receivers were open. We just didn't do a good job of executing plays and getting the ball out accurately. There is no reasonable way you can come to any kind of consensus on how good or how bad our receivers are, at this point.

That's just my opinion.

GenoT

Reaction score
Whoever thought this recieving Corp would be ok should be fired.

You can’t come in with less talent and expect better results. It’s amazing we expect our coaching to elevate lesser talent . Lol

We want to place blame everywhere but the talent or lack of it.

Don’t buy the rhetoric coming out of front office and Jerry. They’re just trying to cover up their poor personnel decisions.

Our passing offense is struggling because of a lack of talent.
Don’t necessarily disagree, but then I’d like more than one game to put this receiving corps into perspective.

• All new O-position coaches
• Third year QB who has appeared to be regressing since midway of his second year
• Rusty-looking O-line, with two new starters — which isn’t helping our QB
• A #1 RB who has started slow in each of his 3 season openers (where’s that shoulder chip, Zeke?)
• As purported by the OC, we’re running a “new” offense; one which NO one seems to be familiar with...BECAUSE...
• Our coaching staff, in its infinite wisdom, decided the best way to get everyone prepared for game one was to give them a ridiculously low number of preseason game-reps together as a unit

Other than these above factors, which somewhat influence the passing game, it’s probably mostly because our receivers have little talent.

Cap12

Reaction score

You can’t come in with less talent and expect better results. It’s amazing we expect our coaching to elevate lesser talent . Lol

Don’t buy the rhetoric coming out of front office and Jerry. They’re just trying to cover up their poor personnel decisions.

Totally wrong. You're not watching the whole field if you make comments like this. You're assuming that receivers aren't getting open because you can't see them on your TV screen. Here's a newsflash. They are open a lot of the time and the QB is not getting them the ball.

Last edited:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This is NFL talent that you are dissing. These guys have not been given the chance to work with a good QB. Get some QB talent, and you will see a difference in their performance.

Brax

Reaction score
Wait. So having a bunch of backup receivers and camp body tight ends to go along with a bad quarterback doesn't work?

Sometimes I think this franchise is just cursed.
some say JJ sold his soul and team's winnings way for that last SB

kskboys

Reaction score
first off Jwitt retired on his own, not forced out and most were not happy he was gone..Our point is Dak would have to spread the ball around more and Jwitts numbers the last 4 yrs would be an easy achievement for the replacements..problem is DAk just missed them ALL first game..need to fix that..this has zero0000000 to do with the replacements as the OP TRIED but failed to prove..the proof is in all the game tape..Dak and the Oline failed us even though Linehan threw way too much 70% over running Zeke only 15 times, if you watch all this game tape coming since sunday, his WRs and Tes were open all day, why you ask, stacking the boxes and going 1 on 1 to all pass patterns , well DAK did not take advantage..some was the line and time but most was his inability, this game, to see the entire field and access quickly where he was going with the ball..this was squarely on Dak and worse he hesitated to run as well, odd he played like he was scared to make mistakes and lose and it just had the wheels come off the offense..make the D pay for stacking boxes the WR were open Dak missed it..issue this week is The giants have better corners may not have the same open receiver's that Carolina left open all day and didnt care..
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Punctuation is your friend.

Haimerej

Reaction score
you can have open guys running free til the cows come home...THATS WONDERFUL. But the QB has to have time to set his feet and deliver an accurate ball. Many times last week,he simply didn't have that extra half a beat to do that...then when he did have some time, his confidence and trust was totally shot,and that's on him. All it will take is for him to complete 2 or 3 in a row and we will see a new Dak. It starts with the hogs up front.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

What do you want those receivers to do that they didn't do? Get open? They did that! And you can't blame the receivers for not catching passes that were never thrown, or thrown so badly you couldn't have caught it with a net.
You don't think the receivers were open? Then you didn't watch the film clip in the thread "I changed my mind on Linehan"

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-changed-my-mind-on-linehan.414508/

They were open Diehard. Repeatedly.
In 2016 Dak would've killed the Panthers with THESE receivers.
2018, different year/different Dak.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Most of the reviews I read said that there were a lot of missed opportunities where Dak didn't see or couldn't get the ball to an open receiver.

This.

I don't see the WRs as the problem. At least not based on the Carolina game.

The Giants have much better DBs. Let's see if the receivers can still get open against them.