Recieving Corp by committee a disaster so far

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Hard for me to watch some of the tape and blame the WR or TEs for that matter.

Beasley and Jarwin were both wide open for walk in TDs, he was looking right at Beasley and didn't throw it and bounced the one to Jarwin into the dirt.

I seriously doubt people would be crying about the receiving talent if he makes those 2 throws. Beasley would of had 8 catches for 100 plus yards and a TD.

That doesn't even include the rest of yards left on the field by poor oline play or Dak just not getting the ball out quickly in the flow of the offense.

I personally like our WRs better this year, Gallup and Thompson can both get deep and Williams isn't playing nearly as much. It is football, every still needs to execute.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Truth is our ENTIRE offense played bad in week one...Line blocking was problematic, Zeke was off, Dak was off. We dont know what we have on offense yet. But with the oline not up to par included in this I am beginning to wonder if our real problem wasnt just some rust and being off. Idk we should no more after this week
good post , everyone wants to blame someone, but it was a whole bunch of players that played poorly.
And blame goes to coaches as well.

It is only one game, and they lost by 8 points to a team that is just better than dallas is right now.
Carolina was a playoff team last year, Dallas wasn't.
This Sunday we play a team more on our level, and then 2 more after that that are on our level.

Compare daks game 1 to matt staffords game 1 you might be surprised

Really u need to see the 1st 4 games to know what kind of team dallas will be, and they may be bad, but crap give it 4 games !

kskboys

Reaction score
Through no fault of their own is my point. But we're just one game into this.
Sunday was a clusterfudge. The only thing that can really be taken from that game is that we were not ready and that the starters on O desperately needed some snaps during preseason and didn't get them. That's it.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Sunday was a clusterfudge. The only thing that can really be taken from that game is that we were not ready and that the starters on O desperately needed some snaps during preseason and didn't get them. That's it.

Hope so.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoever thought this recieving Corp would be ok should be fired.

You can’t come in with less talent and expect better results. It’s amazing we expect our coaching to elevate lesser talent . Lol

We want to place blame everywhere but the talent or lack of it.

Don’t buy the rhetoric coming out of front office and Jerry. They’re just trying to cover up their poor personnel decisions.

Our passing offense is struggling because of a lack of talent.
Agreed and weve been saying fire "that guy" for years now..This is just more reason to do it and get it over with..IMO

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not saying that there aren't other issues, I'm just saying there's no way to determine them accurately from that clusterfudge.

I was encouraged by the way Dak moved the ball in the 4th. Hope it was a portent of things to come.

black label

Reaction score
Dak needs receivers that are open by 5 yards

Dak needs an online that gives him 10 seconds to throw

Dak needs zeek to get him 200 yards a game

Dak needs linehan to call the right plays

Dak needs Garrett to give him the freedom to unleash his skills

What else does he need what am I missing?

TheGoat73

Reaction score

You can’t come in with less talent and expect better results. It’s amazing we expect our coaching to elevate lesser talent . Lol

Don’t buy the rhetoric coming out of front office and Jerry. They’re just trying to cover up their poor personnel decisions.

1 game. This offense hasn’t played together.

I don’t think they are going to be special, but it’s way to early to catastrophize.

Number1

Reaction score

it ain't a lack of talented targets, it's an over tweaked system that looks as silly as it is - Beasley and Dez were right ... "it don't make sense"

how do you explain Austin, Gallup, and Thompson - and not one fly pattern?
the whole NFL was looking for it, major off season goal ... maybe they want to do stupid stuff to be unpredictable

problem is the stupid stuff has become status quo

Cap12

Reaction score
it ain't a lack of talented targets, it's an over tweaked system that looks as silly as it is - Beasley and Dez were right ... "it don't make sense"

how do you explain Austin, Gallup, and Thompson - and not one fly pattern?
the whole NFL was looking for it, major off season goal ... maybe they want to do stupid stuff to be unpredictable

problem is the stupid stuff has become status quo
Or perhaps the OC has just tailored the offense to what the QB does best. Quick reads and get the ball out. That is what Dak should be doing. That is what he did in 2016.

Number1

Reaction score
Or perhaps the OC has just tailored the offense to what the QB does best. Quick reads and get the ball out. That is what Dak should be doing. That is what he did in 2016.

that's what they haven't been doing, the 1st read is not the hot WR on way too many plays, it don't even look like a timing O any more

Rayman70

Reaction score
We are all over reacting. Lets all agree we looked like hammered **** across the board last week offensively and move on to the Giants. We all have our ops on why we looked bad..but I think the main one was Carolina stymied us. YES Dak did us no favors,but you win as a team,lose as a team. Dak must be better,but then again..so can the whole team. We will win the game Sunday.

Cap12

Reaction score
good post , everyone wants to blame someone, but it was a whole bunch of players that played poorly.
And blame goes to coaches as well.

It is only one game, and they lost by 8 points to a team that is just better than dallas is right now.
Carolina was a playoff team last year, Dallas wasn't.
This Sunday we play a team more on our level, and then 2 more after that that are on our level.

Compare daks game 1 to matt staffords game 1 you might be surprised

Really u need to see the 1st 4 games to know what kind of team dallas will be, and they may be bad, but crap give it 4 games !
Just because Stafford had a bad game does not absolves Dak. it condemns both. We should have beaten Carolina if Dak makes just a couple of plays, let alone the dozen he should have made.

kskboys

Reaction score
We are all over reacting. Lets all agree we looked like hammered **** across the board last week offensively and move on to the Giants. We all have our ops on why we looked bad..but I think the main one was Carolina stymied us. YES Dak did us no favors,but you win as a team,lose as a team. Dak must be better,but then again..so can the whole team. We will win the game Sunday.
I'm not.

Cap12

Reaction score
Gotta disagree. The Oline gets a D+ because of the penalties more than the blocking. The WRs get a B for running their routes and geting open. The weakest part of our D was Lee and the LBs. They get a C+ The DL gets a B+ and the secondary an A. Zeke gets a B-. The Punter an A. The Kicker an F. Dak a D-. So, the whole team did not look bad. Mostly the Kicker and the QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gotta disagree. The Oline gets a D+ because of the penalties more than the blocking. The WRs get a B for running their routes and geting open. The weakest part of our D was Lee and the LBs. They get a C+ The DL gets a B+ and the secondary an A. Zeke gets a B-. The Punter an A. The Kicker an F. Dak a D-. So, the whole team did not look bad. Mostly the Kicker and the QB.
we are a smash mouth type team.. Starts up front. WE MUST BE DOMINANT. When we are, our offense looks unstoppable. We can go toe to toe with elite teams. Fix the oline, FIX TEAM.

Rayman70

Reaction score
hey ksk..didn't mean you per say..but in general terms. Seems like when this team wins we win in dominating style..but when we lose...we lose in style lol...like we have a bipolar team. No in between.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is over reacting! If this was just another opening day game it would be one thing but this is 9 bad games in a row from Dak. And yes you have to count last season. I can't remember the last time he had a good game!