Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by The Ominous, Oct 26, 2018.

1. The Ominous

The Ominous Dead Man Stalkin

1,407 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    Playing on my X Box One X 60 inch 4K. This game is LEGENDARY. Best of the year? Nah. Best in a generation or two...

2. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

16,475 Messages
    26,459 Likes Received
    Is it the 25th already?,,,as that's when ' game stop' told me it was gonna be released,,, & that crap
    " dragon age" 2nd hand game that gal sold me for $13 won't load,,,either:banghead:

3. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet

13,402 Messages
    11,788 Likes Received
    Your killin man. Just killing me.

I was planning in picking it up in about 2 weeks when I have some time to burn. But your just killin me

4. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,762 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    Can't wait to get home from work today, hopefully it will have finished downloading by then

5. The Ominous

The Ominous Dead Man Stalkin

1,407 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    This feels like a NEXT NEXT Gen gaming experience. I seriously just walked around in the snow for like an hour last night in first person view staring at my feet and footprints. Ridiculous amount of detail they put into this. I can't imagine the madness in store.

6. aria

aria Well-Known Member

6,916 Messages
    6,690 Likes Received
    Gamefly best get their azz in gear! I’ve had this in my que for over a year.

7. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

16,475 Messages
    26,459 Likes Received
    You got any idea on how big the map of game play is? Say as compared to a fallout or skyrim,,, Map?,,,I'd played red dead revolver on ps2 back awhile ago.

Aviano90, BigStar and JohnnyTheFox like this.
  8. Dallas_Cowboys50

Dallas_Cowboys50 Well-Known Member

1,507 Messages
    1,498 Likes Received

I did the same lol, ive spent about 10 hrs already on the game and have only played like 4 missions lol....gonna try and change that tonight though

9. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

8,881 Messages
    10,011 Likes Received
    Ive never played this but everyone that has LOVES it.
    I hope they do a movie based on this game.
    I remember the commercials for the first game thinking...man,can't wait to see THAT.
    then I realised it was a game.

10. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

4,423 Messages
    9,872 Likes Received
    It is definitely on my radar! I was hoping Redbox was going to have it so I could get a quick taste this weekend but no dice.

I love gorgeous games. Forza Horizon 4 has been like that. Just stunning to look at when you play. It is crazy how far we have come graphically in such a short time.

11. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Achilleslastand

5,382 Messages
    7,110 Likes Received
    Not exactly sure, from everything I have read it is bigger than Skyrim's map.

12. JohnnyTheFox

5,382 Messages
    7,110 Likes Received
    This is on my immediate wishlist, right after I upgrade my 1080 50 inch plasma for a 65 inch 4k.

13. Dallas_Cowboys50

Dallas_Cowboys50 Well-Known Member

1,507 Messages
    1,498 Likes Received
    Had to take a 5 minute break from playin to come here and let yall know that, the horses even poop in this game, thats how detailed it is lol.......

Also, Ive stayed up playin this all night Thursday, friday night and now tonight, and Ive still barely advanced mission wise.....too many distractions lol, hunting is a blast....

Aviano90 and The Ominous like this.
  14. SlammedZero

4,423 Messages
    9,872 Likes Received
    So I Game Share with my buddy on Xbox. He hit me up today and was like "So, if I buy RDR2 you can play it too? Because I just bought it". I looked and it already started downloading on my Xbox!! Yusssss!!!!!! Tomorrow it is ON!!! :D

:dance:

Aviano90, BigStar and The Ominous like this.
  15. SlammedZero

4,423 Messages
    9,872 Likes Received
    Well, that game took forever to download.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iceberg, Duane, Aviano90 and 8 others like this.
  16. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

8,546 Messages
    5,052 Likes Received
    I just killed an hour watching a guy play this game on Youtube, the graphics are incredible, what kind of set up do you need to run this game with that level of detail?

I couldn't stop watching, I cant imagine what would happen to me if I actually started playing

17. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

19,665 Messages
    28,874 Likes Received
  18. SlammedZero

4,423 Messages
    9,872 Likes Received
    Yeah even the details like how they leave tracks in the snow are really good. I'm running mine on an Xbox One X with 4K HDR. It looks beautiful.

19. JohnnyTheFox

5,382 Messages
    7,110 Likes Received
    Well I am more of a PC guy than console, but here goes. First of all a 4K television, then any of the following. A Xbox One S which will upscale to 4k, a Xbox One X which can display 4k content as its native resolution. Out of the 2 I am almost positive the Xbox One X will look better. Or you need a PS4 Pro, don't believe PS4 regular upscales to 4K.

20. Shinaoi

Shinaoi Well-Known Member

2,556 Messages
    3,933 Likes Received
    I was actually a little down on it at first, because I found the controls hard to get use to. But I eventually did, and once I just started roaming the land I’ve fallen in love. This is up there with the Witcher 3.