Twitter: Ref Tony Corrente on the OPI on Michael Gallup

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Your clip shows none of that so you are speculating. I saw no evidence that Gallup had a hand in the chest and neither did you. The replays showed on NBC had both the retired official in the booth and a Former All-Pro WR questioning the call after seeing the replay. After seeing the replay on TV I agreed.

Jeez, we've been over this. That's a flat out lie. Gallup is touching him in the chest when the GIF begins.

And half this board still thinks Dez caught it even after retired Mike Pereira said it wasn't a catch during the broadcast before the officials reversed it on the field. But now you want to appeal to the broadcast officials? Convenient.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Jeez, we've been over this. That's a flat out lie. Gallup is touching him in the chest when the GIF begins.

And half this board still thinks Dez caught it even after retired Mike Pereira said it wasn't a catch during the broadcast before the officials reversed it on the field. But now you want to appeal to the broadcast officials? Convenient.
Your gif doesn't start until Gallup is breaking free from the suttle arm bar that the CB had him by because he was getting beat. But you can see his left arm unfolding and releasing Gallup's arm though.

Cap12

Reaction score
No if anything Gallup's arm is behind Ramsey trying to dislodge Ramsey's hand which is grabbing at his shoulder and arm. Nowhere does it show Gallup's arm or hand anywhere near Ramsey's chest.

khiladi

Reaction score
There was no contact with the defender's body (trunk). Just his arms (and that contact was initiated by Ramsey).

You said the issue was him playing the ball and now your saying the body, which you define as “trunk” has to turn. The rule clearly states that it’s not about playing the ball in this case.

Cap12

Reaction score
You said the issue was him playing the ball and now your saying the body, which you define as “trunk” has to turn. The rule clearly states that it’s not about playing the ball in this case.

Then Ramsey was holding first. He initiated contact outside of 5 yards. If Ramsey has to interfere to break Ramsey's hold then how does that rule apply. Officials tend to let that go as hand-checking. So for consistency's sake, if you let Ramsey's actions slide, you should do the same with Gallup's.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I thought it was a bad call. But the bigger question is why didn't Dak throw deep to gallup more often during the game. It seems like Gallup only caught one ball and that was the only deep pass Dak threw all night.

Kaiser

Reaction score
You should know they weren’t going to let us win in the Rams opener at their new stadium

That was going through my mind on that drive. The NFL has a huge investment in the LA franchise, stadium, etc. With Goodell at the game it didn't surprise me one bit that a bad call preserved the win for the Rams.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your gif doesn't start until Gallup is breaking free from the suttle arm bar that the CB had him by because he was getting beat. But you can see his left arm unfolding and releasing Gallup's arm though.

Yep....CB had the arm out first. That is such a non-call it isn;t even funny.

Kaiser

Reaction score
You're only watching Gallup's arm, not what Ramsey is doing with his hand and arm. Ramsey is clearly in contact with Gallup and Gallup is simply shrugging Ramsey's arm off of his. Once Gallup is successful and Ramsey realizes he's going to be beaten, Ramsey flops. The delay and exaggeration of Ramsey's motion is obvious in the replay.

You are arguing with a guy that spent several pages after last year's Vikings game saying that when a Viking Defender hit Jason Witten full force before the ball arrived, Witten must have tripped over his own feet. It wasn't the contact, it was a HOF TE forgetting how to run.

His whole schtick is "the refs are always right, fans are always stupid".

J_Allen

Reaction score
I thought it was a bad call. But the bigger question is why didn't Dak throw deep to gallup more often during the game. It seems like Gallup only caught one ball and that was the only deep pass Dak threw all night.

Dak prefers to check down like the mediocre quarterback he is.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You are arguing with a guy that spent several pages after last year's Vikings game saying that when a Viking Defender hit Jason Witten full force before the ball arrived, Witten must have tripped over his own feet. It wasn't the contact, it was a HOF TE forgetting how to run.

His whole schtick is "the refs are always right, fans are always stupid".

Knew it wouldn't be long until my fanboi showed up. Still trying to get back at me for busting you lying about a made up conspiracy where you melted down like a toddler when you got busted? Remember? Here, let me refresh your memory. One of several times I've made you look stupid (others here have too because it ain't hard at all):

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-am-sick-of-one-side-officiating.418118/page-13#post-8609949

And you're here trying yet again to peddle a victim conspiracy.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Number 1, that isn't MY gif. That is just what the OP posted and I dissected it because that's all there was. Here is my video grab from my own recording and it shows the entire hand-fighting battle. Note that Gallup also pulls on Ramsey's jersey at the back but the back official let it go. The hand-fighting is all okay until Gallup clearly pushes off. Check out Ramsey's body position leaning into Gallup and then I stop and freeze the video right after Gallup's push that stands Ramsey up before Ramsey then does his acting job. It's a clear push-off that had an effect. Combine that with the arm extension in the photo underneath that and it's not hard to see why they called it. It's just a question of whether that shove was "enough" but it was clearly a shove. As I said before, debatable but not a clearly bogus call. Yet we have people in here lying saying Gallup never touched Ramsey. Not a good look in defense of one's position. Lol.

Gallup-R.gif

Gallup-Push.jpg

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Refs call what they see and there have been many games in our past where a call has gone our way late in the game too...many during the Dak era...you just don't remember them at this point because your bitter at this particular call
No. That’s simply incorrect.

Dez Catch-subsequent changing and rechanging of the rule in an attempt to justify.

Delay of game on DEFENSE

Illegal huddle

False start on long snapper

Absurd unprecedented streak of no holds called on opposition

I may be missing one or more.

These all happened to one team and none happened to any other team.

Now tell me some games we got a break to win

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Was it a bad call? We all know it was a catch and I was very upset with it too but the way the rule was written at the time the refs made the right call....funny how they had to change the rule after that play to correct it
That’s wrong too and there’s a long thread in the archives that proves it.

1. Control
2. 2 feet down
3. TIME to make a football move.

That was the rule and all were achieved.

That was actually 2014. He was likely talking about the wrestling moves implored on David Irvin on the last pass by Rodgers.

I know you want to be the bigger man and not complain about refs, but sometimes the facts are make the complaints legitimate. This is that time.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
This is what makes me angry. The call is what it is.

Not one person has acknowledged the arm bar by Ramsey
Yep, wish a reporter could ask Corrente if "arm bars" that Ramsey had on Gallup are legal now and how that applies to the call.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Was the call technically by the written letter of the rule book correct?

Yes, but you dont call that with the game on the line. Its like calling a foul in an NBA game because your pinky touched the shoulder of a guy taking a jump shot in a tied game with 2 seconds left. Yes, technically it is a foul but you dont decide a game at the free throw line.

Thats my take on it..................was a tick tack call that while probably correct by the rule book should never be called in that situation.