Referee bias? Nope

johneric8

Reaction score
I agree with some parts of what you're saying, especially about greed.

But I can't agree with the scheme of not making it look as if the league favors the Cowboys. The Cowboys get their maximum share of prime time games for a reasons - and even when they aren't doing as well. And that's because of ratings. People love to see the Cowboys - whether they win or they lose.

I doubt very seriously if the games were rigged the league would try to keep Dallas out of the Super Bowl. Cowboys games get more eye balls than most of the other teams in the league. Translation: if the Cowboys are NOT competing for the Super Bowl, not as many eye balls and not as many dollars for the league.

But we can agree to disagree.

We can agree to disagree on how the league handles the Cowboys, but to me it just looks like there is a strong force besides the Cowboys themselves making things difficult and it's felt that way for a long time.

Here is a deep thought that I will throw out there... Let's just say that Jerry is a man whom is gluttonous on many levels, well eventually this catches up to you unless you change and atone. The league may be okay with Cowboys making it, but as I said, there is a force that isn't allowing it to happen.. I look at the organization as tainted at this point, just look at the promise Jerry made to get Jimmy in the ring of honor.. Jerry made this announcement during the Hall of Fame induction in a typical look at me fashion, but he hasn't followed through and even Jimmy is wondering whats up... These are the types of things that get in the way of us winning, it's just flat out negative prideful behavior..

I think moments like that are a good example on how Jerry operates on a day to day basis, so this mixed with his horrible control issues prevent good things from happening.. At this point toxicity has taken over..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So how do you know the calls are objectionable if you don’t actually see them?
I don't. I just make a note of how many penalties are called on each team. And later see what the media has to say about the games with excessive penalties. I'm sure I miss a few but unless the media over reports the penalties in Cowboys games, it's consistently the Cowboys with at least a few bad calls. Yeah, it's a flawed system but I'm not observing for perfection, just to note trends.

johneric8

Reaction score
And what should you reap sitting here sowing baseless accusations against officials while pointing in someone else's back yard? Physician, heal thyself.

I'm sorry man but stating an opinion from watching football games and stating that there is possible shenanigans going on isn't being hateful or slanderous, it's an observation on what many of see on a weekly basis.... Would you agree that the Mafia is corrupt? Is it okay to talk about injustices in our world? Of course it is.. You and I have different opinions on what we see on Sunday when it comes to the officiating.. This is much different than Judging or looking down on someone, or even verbally and personally assaulting them, big big difference.. Because I believe there is some possible corruption in the league has nothing to do with me sowing bad seed, but if I assult a ref and call out his wife, then yeah, I'm guilty ...

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm sorry man but stating an opinion from watching football games and stating that there is possible shenanigans going on isn't being hateful or slanderous, it's an observation on what many of see on a weekly basis.... Would you agree that the Mafia is corrupt? Is it okay to talk about injustices in our world? Of course it is.. You and I have different opinions on what we see on Sunday when it comes to the officiating.. This is much different than Judging or looking down on someone, or even verbally and personally assaulting them, big big difference.. Because I believe there is some possible corruption in the league has nothing to do with me sowing bad seed, but if I assult a ref and call out his wife, then yeah, I'm guilty ...

You didn't enter the thread with a "possible" you entered with a definite and that people were idiots if they didn't also see it, using the word "obvious" several times. But nope, not slanderous. /s

The refs control games they want to control it's obvious to anyone with eyes and a brain.

johneric8

Reaction score
You didn't enter the thread with a "possible" you entered with a definite and that people were idiots if they didn't also see it, using the word "obvious" several times. But nope, not slanderous. /s
You're really stretching it now Marcus.. To say that anyone with eyes and brain can see that is not directed at any person or individual, it's just my way of saying that it seems so obvious that anyone can see that.. If you disagree, then please forgive my phrasing..

johneric8

Reaction score
Saying that it's obvious to anyone with eyes and brain is just a hot opinion, a strong one at that, but for the life of my I don't know why you are using the word "idiot" I never used that? You're really not making much sense... All I was posting was my opinion, I do feel it should be obvious, if I'm wrong who cares..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You're really stretching it now Marcus.. To say that anyone with eyes and brain can see that is not directed at any person or individual, it's just my way of saying that it seems so obvious that anyone can see that.. If you disagree, then please forgive my phrasing..

And my point was "it's obvious" is not the same as "it's possible." You also can't say you're not here to judge a man with text in the same thread judging refs to be corrupt at their jobs. It's indeed all in the phrasing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anthony Brown and Connor Williams became referee targets at points during the year. When players get called for something more because of previous calls than the infraction itself I have a problem with it. Just like the first hold call on Williams last week. He never held that guy but was near him when he fell down and got called. That was a reputation call rather than an infraction call IMO.

The game last week overall was fine but the Umpire was a mess the whole game- period. From the delay of game penalty to the final play. He was a mess!
Brown's PI's were obviously calls though

johneric8

Reaction score
And my point was "it's obvious" is not the same as "it's possible." You also can't say you're not here to judge a man with text in the same thread judging refs to be corrupt at their jobs. It's indeed all in the phrasing.

To judge can be appropriate depending on the situation man... I have to make judgement calls on if I think a babysitter is fit to watch my child, just as if I have to decide if a church is corrupt before attending... I think the problem you and I are having is you don't like my opinion.. I do think it's obvious that refs are playing their role as part of the big NFL betting machine.. Who cares if I think it should be obvious to everyone? Yes, my opinion is based on calls and no calls we've all seen it seems pretty blatant..

You go on about this if you want but I'm moving on, peace and love and my God bless you man..