Twitter: Refs missed a safety call on Arizona

Zordon

Reaction score
You can't in any way shape or form tell a hold from a still picture. Don't know why people insist on doing that for motion penalties.

Here are videos and it was not a hold. No material restriction or twisting, turning, hooking, etc. Plus DLaw used a rip move which has an exception in the rules. Again, people are reacting to DLaw's reaction. Wasn't a hold.

DLaw-AZ-GIF.gif

DLaw-AZ-GIF1.gif
A player doesn't react like that unless he's feeling some resistance in his shoulders. So I don't think it was just a love tap. All it takes is a little tug of the shoulders to kill a player's momentum there.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Fair is calling holding penalties fairly throughout the course of the game.

Do you understand or do I need to break it down more?

How can it be called “fairly?”

Every holding, pass interference, roughing the passer, or any other penalty EVER called on the Cowboys is unjust.

Think I’m exaggerating?

Check the weekly game thread, lol.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
A player doesn't react like that unless he's feeling some resistance in his shoulders. So I don't think it was just a love tap. All it takes is a little tug of the shoulders to kill a player's momentum there.

Are you kidding me?

Now folks are simply lying to themselves.

You’re telling me you haven’t seen nor accused an opposing defensive player of feigning a hold on one of our offensive linemen?

J_Allen

Reaction score

Every holding, pass interference, roughing the passer, or any other penalty EVER called on the Cowboys is unjust.

Think I’m exaggerating?

We're talking about these two penalties in this thread and you're defending the refs.

Embarrassing

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
We're talking about these two penalties in this thread and you're defending the refs.

Embarrassing

Yeah, which goes back to my original comment about you attempting to call them the same play, smh.

You see what you want see. Have at it man. There’s power in being the victim.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Yeah, which goes back to my original comment about you attempting to call them the same play, smh.

You see what you want see. Have at it man. There’s power in being the victim.

It's the same hold, genius.

For the third time, you knew what I meant. It's just like arguing with a four year old.

Go troll somebody else. Seriously.

And that should have been a safety, but I'm glad you're okay with that non-call. Don't worry, we all know it was Lawrence's fault for not getting there and besides, we shouldn't notice what happened.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Think I’m exaggerating?

Bullcrap.. the hold against Schultz on Zeke's 15 yard run was a good call. He held.. the bad part was that he didn't have to. That guy had no chance to make the tackle. The facemask on Watkins? or was it Osa? was a legit call. Borderline because he grabbed the top of the helmet then moved down to the facemask but he didn't let go immediately so good call. But again it's not JUST the calls that go against the Cowboys that bothers anyone.. It's when the other team does damn near the exact same thing and no flag comes out that people get up in arms. All we ask is that it be called the same way. Dak has been whacked upside the head a dozen times and I believe has drawn one flag all season. Why protect some QBs from shots to the head but not others? The grabbing Tank's shoulder pad as he closed in on Murray was one of the easiest calls in the game to see. The guy grabbed him, turned him and never let go until Murray had escaped. Tank probably ran 3-4 steps with the guy holding on.. No way the refs could have missed that. And again I keep coming back to the VERY obvious holding Green got away with on Diggs on the first option run where Parson's knocked him out of bounds. A ref is standing there.. 10 feet away looking right at the play.. but swallowed his whistle in NBA parlance. Leaving me to ask .. Why?

Zordon

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

Now folks are simply lying to themselves.

You’re telling me you haven’t seen nor accused an opposing defensive player of feigning a hold on one of our offensive linemen?
The video makes it look less blatant than the photo I posted. That being said, I do think he was tugged a bit from behind. Typically when others try to sell calls on our oline, our guys are actually holding.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So grabbing a guys shoulder pads after he's gotten by you is not holding?

What universe do you live in?

One that hates the Cowboys.. isn't it obvious.. This dude defends the refs no matter how bad they screw the Cowboys.. I'm sure he has footage that shows (him) that Edmunds entire body was down before the ball came out..

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
You can't in any way shape or form tell a hold from a still picture. Don't know why people insist on doing that for motion penalties.

Here are videos and it was not a hold. No material restriction or twisting, turning, hooking, etc. Plus DLaw used a rip move which has an exception in the rules. Again, people are reacting to DLaw's reaction. Wasn't a hold.

DLaw-AZ-GIF.gif

DLaw-AZ-GIF1.gif

I agree it would have been a touchy holding call. They could have called it, but I’m not mad that they didn’t.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It's the same hold, genius.

For the third time, you knew what I meant. It's just like arguing with a four year old.

Go troll somebody else. Seriously.

And that should have been a safety, but I'm glad you're okay with that non-call. Don't worry, we all know it was Lawrence's fault for not getting there and besides, we shouldn't notice what happened.

What are you failing to compute?

I know you’re attempting to say it’s the “same play/hold.”

It isn’t.

plymkr

Reaction score
This safety for the Cowboys ended up being a touchdown for the Cardinals. I was heated when I saw this play and extra heated after they put up 7.
So that's a 9 point swing and we lost by 3. Hhmmmm interesting. Also would have changed momentum in the early game to Dallas. How many holding penalties did our offensive linemen get?