Regular TV (since we already have a streaming thread)

Creeper

Reaction score
It looked to me just from the trailers that it'd be like Ghost Hunters , in that, they'd get to where they were just about to make a discovery, then...nope.
Something like that, with a little more history involved. They find stuff from teh 1600s and 1700s, but so far they have not gotten to the so-called "money pit", which is where the treasure is supposedly burried.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Something like that, with a little more history involved. They find stuff from teh 1600s and 1700s, but so far they have not gotten to the so-called "money pit", which is where the treasure is supposedly burried.
I stopped watching it after the second season when I realized that they were going to drag this out as long as possible without finding the treasure .

Creeper

Reaction score
I stopped watching it after the second season when I realized that they were going to drag this out as long as possible without finding the treasure .
You are smarter than me I guess because I am still watching, waiting for some kind of ending to this mess. I never understood why they didn't just dig a giant hole to excavate the entire area like they did to build the world trade center in NYC. Back in the 1980s they dug out a big holes in the ground, surrounded it with a concrete "basin" to keep the water out and laid the footings for the rest of the building in the basin. Perhaps it is because they know there is nothing down there.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are smarter than me I guess because I am still watching, waiting for some kind of ending to this mess. I never understood why they didn't just dig a giant hole to excavate the entire area like they did to build the world trade center in NYC. Back in the 1980s they dug out a big holes in the ground, surrounded it with a concrete "basin" to keep the water out and laid the footings for the rest of the building in the basin. Perhaps it is because they know there is nothing down there.
Well, I’m still watching Skinwalker Ranch waiting for the aliens to show up! :lmao:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Does regular TV include the History Channel, Discovery, etc.?

I have been watching the Curse of Oak Island since the show began. The story has interested me since I was about 12 and read about it in Readers Digest. But all they find after years and year of digging is some one off artifacts, never any real treasure. They are 11 seasons into this treasure dig and still nothing. Its dragging on now and I think they know there is nothing there but they are miliking the show for as long as they can. The treasure is what they get paid for doing this show I think.
The name of the show escapes me, but there is a great one on MAX like that. They just go all over the world. Has about 10 seasons I believe, and they hit everything you've ever heard of in history. Host purposefully tries to give off an Indiana Jones nerd vibe.

Reality TV is Reality TV. I never get too caught up in it knowing they set up or faked most of it, but there are moments in that show that do feel like the moment someone makes a legitimate archaeological find.

We're starting to veer back towards streaming TV now. LOL I don't think you can separate the two anymore.

Big_D

Reaction score
The Amazing Race
Ghosts

I also watched the UK version of Ghosts. Similar but veers a little. Equally as good IMO. Because of the strike they just started airing the UK version from the beginning. 2 episodes a week.

Hardline

Reaction score
To me regular TV is what you can get with an antenna through the air.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I do and got hooked on Chicago PD and then Chicago Fire. I was just to going to see how the PD was about 10 years ago and just love the characters. Love watching the History channel especially if it is a good mini series like Grant which I highly recommend.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Well, it wouldn't be much of a thread if we could only use 2 or 3 channels. lol
Technically, you also get stuff like MeTV, COZI, Comet TV, ION, etc with an antenna. Granted, those channels are playing reruns of old network shows. When I had an antenna, most of my viewing was on those types of channels.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Since there a streaming thread, I thought I'd start a thread for regular TV, whether it's network or cable.

The inspiration for this is simply that I wanted to mention this week's SNL. (Season 49; episode 3) Nate Bergatze is the host, and halfway through, this is the best episode I've seen in years...even if the rest of it sucks, which I don't expect. This is what happens when you have an actual funny host, and not some actor plugging his latest movie.

Anyone else watching any regular TV shows anymore?
I didn't see the snl, but he is hilarious. A real dry comedy, I love it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Technically, you also get stuff like MeTV, COZI, Comet TV, ION, etc with an antenna. Granted, those channels are playing reruns of old network shows. When I had an antenna, most of my viewing was on those types of channels.
Never heard of those!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There are a whole bunch of subchannels. I liked Comet the most, sci-fi related channel. Most usually play blocks of the same show every day. MeTV also does sci-fi Saturday nights.
Wish they were around when I was a kid. We got 2-1/2 channels...if you held the rabbit ears with one hand and lifted the opposite leg...maybe put a tinfoil ball on the end of the other antenna if it was cloudy.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
There are a whole bunch of subchannels. I liked Comet the most, sci-fi related channel. Most usually play blocks of the same show every day. MeTV also does sci-fi Saturday nights.
I think Comet is my fav of those subchannels too. I like that they have blocks of Buffy and X-Files, end up stopping often while flipping around. They also had a "Firefly" Marathon not too long ago.

There's the Westerns channel, I think it's "Grit", with John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, etc. movies. There are quite a few of those subchannels, good place to catch some of the older TV reruns, MASH, Barney Miller, Soap, etc, there's one of 'em that shows blocks of "Longmire" which is pretty cool too.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I think Comet is my fav of those subchannels too. I like that they have blocks of Buffy and X-Files, end up stopping often while flipping around. They also had a "Firefly" Marathon not too long ago.

There's the Westerns channel, I think it's "Grit", with John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, etc. movies. There are quite a few of those subchannels, good place to catch some of the older TV reruns, MASH, Barney Miller, Soap, etc, there's one of 'em that shows blocks of "Longmire" which is pretty cool too.
Comet has an app on the Roku, so I can still watch it if I want to. I love it when they do Firefly marathons on the weekend, even if it is just something to kind of watch/have on in the background.

I wish the other subchannels had apps as well. I miss my antenna.