Regular TV (since we already have a streaming thread)

Creeper

Reaction score
One of my cable channels is running old TV westerns like Laramie, The Virginian, The Rifleman, and Wagon Train. I am actually enjoying these shows. Obviously the culture was very different back then. The messaging is so different. The men are all rugged, courageous, masculine, etc. The women are all, well, feminine I guess is the best way to describe them. The kids are taught old morality about how to respect and treat people. It is almost corny. But I grew up with these shows and never gave their messaging a second thought. Honestly, I find it all refreshing compared to what we see today. Good triumphing over evil never gets old.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I watch regular TV all the time but mainly reruns. Ridiculousness pretty much stays on in the background all the time even if I'm not watching it. I'll still always watch reruns of Seinfeld, Friends, Home Improvement, and That 70s Show. We've got the Outdoor Channel as part of our cable package so I watch Meateater, Jim Shockey, and Farming The Wild. I like the Food Network and watch Diners Drive Inns and Dives as well as Chopped. I also watch Nat Geo quite a bit and like all the Planet Earth, the Alaska shows, and To Catch a Smuggler. I can also spend an evening watching American Pickers or Mountain Men on History Channel if it's on.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
th

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who's watched the first couple two episodes of Shogun?

I am a huge fan of author, James Clavell and thought the original Shogun series in 1980 was masterfully done.

That said, I really enjoy the newest TV series (so far). The costumes and sets are beautifully done, acting is good and the story line seems to follow the book reasonably well.

The original TV miniseries had a voice-over narrator who would explain a bit more on the background or what the key characters were thinking. That's missing from the current miniseries.

Nonetheless, high marks for the new Shogun mini-series 8/10.

Creeper

Reaction score
I still watch some series that has been on awhile, some just ended like NCIS(and LA) and criminal minds. I mostly watch reality but not the stupid, corny stuff. My ID or Travel channel is on most of the times. I love the shows about aliens, bigfoot, paranormal, etc.

My favs are:
Deadliest Catch
Survivor
Big Brother

I have recently got into Below Deck:Mediterranean cus I live drama and hot, younger women :muttley:
I've been watching Big Brother since season 4 I think. I have no idea why. I have lost interest the last few seasons but I still watch it.

I also watch the Curse of Oak Island I think they are in season 11 or 12 now. I started watching that from the beginning because the story has always intrigued me. When I was about 12 there was a story about Oak Island in Reader Digest. I read it and it stuck with me. It is on one of the cable networks, not the broadcast networks though.

My wife and I do not watch anything on network TV. We watch reruns of old shows on cable. Anything with commercials we record and watch recorded so we can skip through the ads.

morasp

Reaction score
NCIS
SWAT (final season)
The Equalizer
The Neighborhood
The Elsbeth pilot episode was pretty good. A combination of Monk and Columbo
NCIS Sydney
Father Brown (PBS)
50 States of Sustainability (PBS)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who's watched the first couple two episodes of Shogun?

I am a huge fan of author, James Clavell and thought the original Shogun series in 1980 was masterfully done.

That said, I really enjoy the newest TV series (so far). The costumes and sets are beautifully done, acting is good and the story line seems to follow the book reasonably well.

The original TV miniseries had a voice-over narrator who would explain a bit more on the background or what the key characters were thinking. That's missing from the current miniseries.

Nonetheless, high marks for the new Shogun mini-series 8/10.
I'm in the second episode now. It's very engaging, and wow, that cauldron scene!