Regular TV (since we already have a streaming thread)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since there a streaming thread, I thought I'd start a thread for regular TV, whether it's network or cable.

The inspiration for this is simply that I wanted to mention this week's SNL. (Season 49; episode 3) Nate Bergatze is the host, and halfway through, this is the best episode I've seen in years...even if the rest of it sucks, which I don't expect. This is what happens when you have an actual funny host, and not some actor plugging his latest movie.

Anyone else watching any regular TV shows anymore?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I still watch some series that has been on awhile, some just ended like NCIS(and LA) and criminal minds. I mostly watch reality but not the stupid, corny stuff. My ID or Travel channel is on most of the times. I love the shows about aliens, bigfoot, paranormal, etc.

My favs are:
Deadliest Catch
Survivor
Big Brother

I have recently got into Below Deck:Mediterranean cus I live drama and hot, younger women :muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I still watch some series that has been on awhile, some just ended like NCIS(and LA) and criminal minds. I mostly watch reality but not the stupid, corny stuff. My ID or Travel channel is on most of the times. I love the shows about aliens, bigfoot, paranormal, etc.

My favs are:
Deadliest Catch
Survivor
Big Brother

I have recently got into Below Deck:Mediterranean cus I live drama and hot, younger women :muttley:
I used to watch Survivor, but it started to seem like the same thing every season. I think the last one I watched was when Jimmy Johnson was on.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I used to watch Survivor, but it started to seem like the same thing every season. I think the last one I watched was when Jimmy Johnson was on.
Yea, it’s about the same but has more twists now. I just can’t quit it and will watch until it is gone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Since there a streaming thread, I thought I'd start a thread for regular TV, whether it's network or cable.

The inspiration for this is simply that I wanted to mention this week's SNL. (Season 49; episode 3) Nate Bergatze is the host, and halfway through, this is the best episode I've seen in years...even if the rest of it sucks, which I don't expect. This is what happens when you have an actual funny host, and not some actor plugging his latest movie.

Anyone else watching any regular TV shows anymore?
I cut the cord a year ago and can still watch all the network TV through a streaming service.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Yeah we quit a few seasons back. Not only did it get old but to me they were pumping in faux outrage and life lessons every season that made it unwatchable. Probst jumped the sharl

As far as shows on regular....I used to watch every iteration of NCIS and CSI but it became hard to set aside time weekly. So now I watch a lot of stuff like Maine Cabin Masters, Lakefront Bargain Hunt, etc. I also like the To Catch a Smuggler Shows and any Dateline really

I agree with your SNL post and love Nate!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah we quit a few seasons back. Not only did it get old but to me they were pumping in faux outrage and life lessons every season that made it unwatchable. Probst jumped the sharl

As far as shows on regular....I used to watch every iteration of NCIS and CSI but it became hard to set aside time weekly. So now I watch a lot of stuff like Maine Cabin Masters, Lakefront Bargain Hunt, etc. I also like the To Catch a Smuggler Shows and any Dateline really

I agree with your SNL post and love Nate!
Yeah, I used to watch NCIS and CSI (the original Vegas one). Not sure why I stopped watching them, maybe character changes.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
There's really no Big Three TV shows I watch regularly anymore, there's a few that I will catch the occasional show, usually crime/cop shows. I'll watch the occasional episode of "FBI" or one of their spinoffs, crime of the week type stuff, "The Rookie" with Nathan Fillion has a pretty good cast, "Big Sky" mostly because of Katheryn Winnick, that one was alright, but might have been cancelled.

A couple I did watch, but they changed from a OTA series to a streaming series, "SEAL Team" and "Evil", "Evil" is really good, looking forward to the next season, hopefully soon.

I really did want to like the Night Court reboot, but it was bad....... :confused:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's really no Big Three TV shows I watch regularly anymore, there's a few that I will catch the occasional show, usually crime/cop shows. I'll watch the occasional episode of "FBI" or one of their spinoffs, crime of the week type stuff, "The Rookie" with Nathan Fillion has a pretty good cast, "Big Sky" mostly because of Katheryn Winnick, that one was alright, but might have been cancelled.

A couple I did watch, but they changed from a OTA series to a streaming series, "SEAL Team" and "Evil", "Evil" is really good, looking forward to the next season, hopefully soon.

I really did want to like the Night Court reboot, but it was bad....... :confused:
I like The Rookie too. The spinoff I won't even try. I saw that coming five minutes into her first guest appearance on the original, and her character was horrible.

Is Evil the one where the woman has night terrors and goes to work investigating for the church?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I like The Rookie too. The spinoff I won't even try. I saw that coming five minutes into her first guest appearance on the original, and her character was horrible.

Is Evil the one where the woman has night terrors and goes to work investigating for the church?
yeah "The Rookie" spinoff is bad, she is a very annoying character.

Yes, "Evil" she is a psychologist that starts working for the church investigating paranormal etc.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
yeah "The Rookie" spinoff is bad, she is a very annoying character.

Yes, "Evil" she is a psychologist that starts working for the church investigating paranormal etc.
I like that show a lot. I just wish she was a little less "promiscuous". It doesn't really fit, IMO.

Creeper

Reaction score

My favs are:
Deadliest Catch
Survivor
Big Brother

My wife and I have been watching Big Brother since I think season 8. We are big fans but the last few seasons I have not been as interested.

Creeper

Reaction score
Does regular TV include the History Channel, Discovery, etc.?

I have been watching the Curse of Oak Island since the show began. The story has interested me since I was about 12 and read about it in Readers Digest. But all they find after years and year of digging is some one off artifacts, never any real treasure. They are 11 seasons into this treasure dig and still nothing. Its dragging on now and I think they know there is nothing there but they are miliking the show for as long as they can. The treasure is what they get paid for doing this show I think.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Does anybody watch the comedy Ghosts?

I think it's on CBS.

It's based closely on an English show of the same name and I have recently been informed that despite the U.S version being well received, the English version has not yet been screened stateside? Seems a backwards way of doing things.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does anybody watch the comedy Ghosts?

I think it's on CBS.

It's based closely on an English show of the same name and I have recently been informed that despite the U.S version being well received, the English version has not yet been screened stateside? Seems a backwards way of doing things.
I started watching it because there was nothing else to watch. I didn't think I was going to like it, but once you see it for what it's meant to be, it's pretty funny.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I have been watching the Curse of Oak Island since the show began. The story has interested me since I was about 12 and read about it in Readers Digest. But all they find after years and year of digging is some one off artifacts, never any real treasure. They are 11 seasons into this treasure dig and still nothing. Its dragging on now and I think they know there is nothing there but they are miliking the show for as long as they can. The treasure is what they get paid for doing this show I think.
I'm thinking any channel you can watch without internet.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It looked to me just from the trailers that it'd be like Ghost Hunters , in that, they'd get to where they were just about to make a discovery, then...nope.