Release Anthony Brown and sign Bradberry?

Xavier187

Reaction score
Honestly you get him you move Lewis and start Brown in the slot and hope for the best with Joseph.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Isn’t picks 2 & 3 from last years draft going to be in camp ?

Our third round pick from last year should be in camp unless you’ve heard something I haven’t. It’s up in the air with Joseph right now. He could be charged or the league might suspend him. The Cowboys might end up releasing him. Stay tuned!

CapnB

Reaction score
Lets release a guy whose every penalty last season came in one game at arguably the 2nd hardest position on the field. Not only that lets release him for someone who was toast every time we played him (Nah, lets not )

RonWashington

Reaction score
Out of all the Cowboys starters Anthony Brown doesn’t make my top 2/3 of concerns. His pick in the playoff game was beautiful, should have been a momentum changer . Guy doesn’t shy away from actually tackling . Love Diggs but his tackling techniques should lead to some coaching up.

To start 2022 if Diggs & Brown come out as starters I’m ok Jerry . Lewis in the slot . Let’s see if Joseph & Wright warranted top three rounds of investment before we start grabbing Giants off the street .

RonWashington

Reaction score
And late in the draft Dallas picked DaRon Bland Fresno st , tall 6’2” fast …at least Bland should contribute to ST and be an upgrade over the corners you see in pre season like Burton . Maybe Bland will be a find .

LittleD

Reaction score
We are not signing any players going forward that want more than vet min. We have several players who are going to want big money over the next 3 years and you know Stephen likes to sign our guys. That's all folks.

conner01

Reaction score
Bradberry is worth the $10M the Giants owed him and probably even more. He'll find a home quickly. I wouldn't mind at all if it was here.

It's wild how broke the Giants are, unable to pay their own rookie class and they don't even have a franchise QB salary on the books. Gettleman destroyed that roster.
Not having cap specs because you have a good roster with many on second contracts is common. And understandable
Having a really crappy team with no cap space is the worst nightmare you can have

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he's better why is he so cheap we're not really saving money if Bradbury cost more than 5 million so if he's still so cheap why not just add him to the roster in case you know one of our cornerbacks decides thuglife is better.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Releasing Brown frees up $5 million and we get a much better corner.
I'd like to at least see us consider it. I'm not as high on Bradberry as most though. I think he is OK and better than Brown, but if he is looking for a lot more money then I'm not sure the upgrade is worth it.

To counter the idea about signing him and keeping both, we don't "need" both IMO. Yes, I do agree that we could use both and it would make us better, but if we signed Bradberry that money going to Brown could then be better used elsewhere IMO - OL, DT, LB, maybe WR, etc. I'd rank a CB group of Diggs, Bradberry, Lewis and Joseph way above our Center, DT & LB depth charts

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd like to at least see us consider it. I'm not as high on Bradberry as most though. I think he is OK and better than Brown, but if he is looking for a lot more money then I'm not sure the upgrade is worth it.

To counter the idea about signing him and keeping both, we don't "need" both IMO. Yes, I do agree that we could use both and it would make us better, but if we signed Bradberry that money going to Brown could then be better used elsewhere IMO - OL, DT, LB, maybe WR, etc. I'd rank a CB group of Diggs, Bradberry, Lewis and Joseph way above our Center, DT & LB depth charts
Why would you think he is better than Brown?

conner01

Reaction score
Cowboys should sign DT Akiem Hicks.

I'm okay signing Bradbury as alternative but rather trade Bossman Fat instead of Brown.

Or package both for a stud in middle of defense even.

I'm not sold on LVE or even Clark due to their neck injuries.

Trade for Chiefs rook Leo Chenal.
I doubt you could trade Bossman for anything

conner01

Reaction score
Is Bradberry going to be cheaper than brown to sign? I confused. So release brown take what ever dead money he has on the books then sign bradberry for most likely more money for similar level of play and have more dead money down the road. Is this the same Bradberry the Cooper owns?
I think brown would save cap space
But Bradberry would cost probably 3 times as much
He’s not signing for less than he was making and 10 mil is his base this year, not reflective of what he was making. His contract was 14.5 per year
That’s why they couldn’t trade him
He wants big money and he maybe a slight improvement over brown
No one is giving anything plus a big payday for him
He prefers being a FA and waiting for a team to lose a starting CB in camp

Creeper

Reaction score
Trading for him assures you’ll get him. If he’s that good someone will pony up a draft pick for him. If he’s released he’s up for grabs.

Apparently, from what I read there were several teams looking to trade with him but a deal could not be made because of his contract. He will be a free agent next year. He made the pro-bowl in 2020 and was the 5th highest rated CB going into the 2021 season according to PFF.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-corner...side-cornerbacks-entering-the-2021-nfl-season

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

kskboys

Reaction score
I think brown would save cap space
But Bradberry would cost probably 3 times as much
He’s not signing for less than he was making and 10 mil is his base this year, not reflective of what he was making. His contract was 14.5 per year
That’s why they couldn’t trade him
He wants big money and he maybe a slight improvement over brown
No one is giving anything plus a big payday for him
He prefers being a FA and waiting for a team to lose a starting CB in camp
Since Bradbury is strictly a press corner and Brown is much much better at sticking to his man, I'd say the opposite is true, Brown is a slight improvement over Bradbury.

Once again, why is everyone thinking Bradbury is so great? He was terrible last season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With the cap not going up very much and players salaries increasing it’s causing teams to have to release and trade good players.