Release Anthony Brown and sign Bradberry?

conner01

Reaction score
Since Bradbury is strictly a press corner and Brown is much much better at sticking to his man, I'd say the opposite is true, Brown is a slight improvement over Bradbury.

Once again, why is everyone thinking Bradbury is so great? He was terrible last season.
Brown was certainly better last year
But I don’t see paying 3 times as much for a guy that’s not a huge, huge upgrade. And he’s not that by any stretch
If bossman is not the future we will need to go back to the well next year but Bradberry I wouldn’t even consider at the price and probably not at the same price since he has limits

RonWashington

Reaction score
Tell you one thing that new GM is giving these Gettlemen Giants the exit sign . With Jones at QB and having multiple high round one picks I guess Dabol wasn’t too thrilled with the QB selection . They would love to get rid and of Toney Bradberry & Barkley .

Jarntt

Reaction score
Because Bradbury sucked last season and Brown played very well.
Bradberry wasn't great last year no doubt, but one season is not 100% indicative of what a player will do going forward. However, if you think Brown played "very well" last year then our opinions on CB play are drastically different. So I'll just move on

Batman1980

Reaction score
Brown was terrible in at least 2 games but at least serviceable in a lot more. I still hope Joseph takes that spot because what we saw last year was most likely the best Brown will ever be.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Trading for him assures you’ll get him. If he’s that good someone will pony up a draft pick for him. If he’s released he’s up for grabs.
up for grabs yes but the player then will be in full control.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Just because someone paid Bradberry doesn't make him good. He's an up and down player like Diggs, but without the INT's. So releasing Brown to bring in this guy is crazy. Especially since you're getting rid of our best slot DB.

Diggs also probably hasn't peaked. Hopefully he'll train more this off-season with his brother and improve his technique. Betting if his coverage gets more sticky, his INT numbers won't drop off as much and a lot of fans will hate on him less.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Releasing Brown frees up $5 million and we get a much better corner.
Not really..ok internet GM..hope you didn't sprain your finger or brain posting this scenario.

Pretty sure our wr core toasted this dude a few times last year, he might be solid but much better then brown, doubt that..add him maybe if hes cut but replacing brown for him not the greatest options.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Brown was certainly better last year
But I don’t see paying 3 times as much for a guy that’s not a huge, huge upgrade. And he’s not that by any stretch
If bossman is not the future we will need to go back to the well next year but Bradberry I wouldn’t even consider at the price and probably not at the same price since he has limits
You're not going to be popular with the "have CAP, need to spent CAP" brigade...;).

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Seems a fairly solid assumption that this team is likely set in the here and now. Barring something unforeseen, keep smiling 'til TC! :grin:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Apparently, from what I read there were several teams looking to trade with him but a deal could not be made because of his contract. He will be a free agent next year. He made the pro-bowl in 2020 and was the 5th highest rated CB going into the 2021 season according to PFF.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-corner...side-cornerbacks-entering-the-2021-nfl-season
was was and was all powerful words..

LVE was a PB player

Jaylon smith was a pro bowler and was up top of the league in tackles many years, yet??

so that means what??

squat

kskboys

Reaction score
Bradberry wasn't great last year no doubt, but one season is not 100% indicative of what a player will do going forward. However, if you think Brown played "very well" last year then our opinions on CB play are drastically different. So I'll just move on
If you think he didn't, you might want to try checking into some expert's opinions.

I agree on the one year thing. And that's the thing, Bradbury hasn't been good all that often. He finally broke out and had a good season in 2019, after being drafting in 16. He then wasn't bad for the Giants in 20, but was bad in 21.

So, I'd say your own statemment is accurate, don't base it your analysis of a player on 1 season. Or even 2.

Einstein

Reaction score
How about just sign Bradberry and keep Brown, because I suspect our second round draft pick from last year Kelvin Joseph might have some legal issues coming and won't be available for the upcoming season
If Joseph gets suspended and Watson doesn't...