Remaining FA running backs

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I doubt any team is going to take someone they don't need, just to screw the Cowboys over.
Will they feel more pressure to take someone they were on the fence about? Yeah, that could happen. But if they're concerned about that, they'd probably avoid the risk of missing out on the player anyway.
What if KC likes Guyton. You know they are not afraid to trade up. You should never go in the draft penciling in players. Cavanaugh did a good job explaining this.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think the rest of the league got the memo on how unimportant RB is. Any one of these guys should be lining up to play in Dallas if they ever want to hoist a trophy!
The fans on this site are interesting though. When the Cowboys spent big on RB's (Zeke/Pollard) they were upset and saying the running game isn't that important anymore, and that a team can go out and find a good RB in the middle rounds of the draft. Now they are upset that the Cowboys aren't spending big on a veteran RB.

conner01

Reaction score
Dobbins would probably be my choice. But it feels like he suffers a major injury every season. I guess if you sign him, you can spin the injuries as simply bad luck.
He had the most talent. Not sure he still does and he’s never availible

Big_D

Reaction score
The fans on this site are interesting though. When the Cowboys spent big on RB's (Zeke/Pollard) they were upset and saying the running game isn't that important anymore, and that a team can go out and find a good RB in the middle rounds of the draft. Now they are upset that the Cowboys aren't spending big on a veteran RB.

The money spent on Zeke was ridiculous. There's an inbetween. Notice how if it's someone they drafted they're more than willing to overpay. Was Pollard worth that tag last year? 10plus made no sense at all, just like 16 per for Zeke was as stupid as it gets. But an outside RB is where they cut corners. This is a serious problem here!

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I doubt any team is going to take someone they don't need, just to screw the Cowboys over.
Will they feel more pressure to take someone they were on the fence about? Yeah, that could happen. But if they're concerned about that, they'd probably avoid the risk of missing out on the player anyway.
Probably not, but if a team does need somebody, they'd be more likely to trade ahead of us, knowing we're probably targeting the same guy. We've seen this a few times.

Havic

Reaction score
Dillion would be nice for the goaline but I don’t see us visiting the red zone too often next year

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You laughing but I would bring Zeke back and pair him with a rookie before signing anything on that list. At least I know Zeke is good at pass protection and a few scores.
:hammer: ......td vulture

But then again....his last play is so fitting....Do we really want to ruin that??

visionary

Reaction score
Philly traded ahead of us to take Goedert for a reason

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The money spent on Zeke was ridiculous. There's an inbetween. Notice how if it's someone they drafted they're more than willing to overpay. Was Pollard worth that tag last year? 10plus made no sense at all, just like 16 per for Zeke was as stupid as it gets. But an outside RB is where they cut corners. This is a serious problem here!
I don't disagree that they overspent, and I agree there is an in between. Many who post here don't see much middle ground though.

The only reason I had a problem with Pollard was because he was going to be coming back from injury. Otherwise, while the $10 MM price tag was high, it was just for one year. There wasn't going to be any long term damage if he didn't prove to be worth it.