Remaining FA running backs

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Keep Dowdle (if you can), he's probably as good as any of the others, and he knows the plays, etc.

But as an aside, I wish Jerry could see what's happening - nobody but players at the end of their careers or players who know they're just JAGS or a player who can get Jerry to way overpay them so that if no ring comes in a couple of years the Cowboys will have to cut them because they did such a terrible job on the contract, a la Dak, want to come to Dallas.

Dallas is the new Cleveland, NO chance of getting a ring, it's took 28 years, but word has gotten around....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The fans on this site are interesting though. When the Cowboys spent big on RB's (Zeke/Pollard) they were upset and saying the running game isn't that important anymore, and that a team can go out and find a good RB in the middle rounds of the draft. Now they are upset that the Cowboys aren't spending big on a veteran RB.
:grin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Philly traded ahead of us to take Goedert for a reason
Yes, but teams don't need to hear you say you want a certain position. They all know what we need, and vice versa. There may be a question about what the Cowboys covet most, but if they're that worried about losing someone they think we may be eyeing, they'll jump on it.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Might as well go with what we have. What is the net result if we grab one of these scrubs? 3.4 ypc or 3.5? In the end we don't have a line good enough to block for anyone.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You laughing but I would bring Zeke back and pair him with a rookie before signing anything on that list. At least I know Zeke is good at pass protection and a few scores.
They didn't sign him when they had a chance time to let it go

Staubacher

Reaction score
Let's see which one gets hurt or in legal trouble. Then we'll know who Jerrah is signing

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't disagree that they overspent, and I agree there is an in between. Many who post here don't see much middle ground though.

The only reason I had a problem with Pollard was because he was going to be coming back from injury. Otherwise, while the $10 MM price tag was high, it was just for one year. There wasn't going to be any long term damage if he didn't prove to be worth it.

There's way too many holes to pay some of these guys. You just can't do it when you need help in many areas. They could've gotten a RB on a much better deal for 2 years, Forget the money spent on Zeke. Even a guy like Randy Gregory was extremely close to being overpaid. It's just funny at this point, but they made this bed. Now they can't even afford to low ball someone it's gotten that pathetic. This is where the tough decisions need to be made and over the years, they pretty much chose to overpay their own guys.

J12B

Reaction score
Dobbins would probably be my choice. But it feels like he suffers a major injury every season. I guess if you sign him, you can spin the injuries as simply bad luck.
Does he have 2 or 3 past ACL tears? I lost track.

No thanks.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
who cares. They are clearly looking to the draft for their starter, and Im ok with that. Id do the same.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jk dobbins or bust
Why not see if we can pick up a couple of them for $2 million each plus incentives? Let them duke it out and may the healthy man win. Add a back in the draft to compete with them for playing times and roles. If we are going to shop the bargain rack, then get a couple in case one of them tears up easily.

Hardline

Reaction score
6523-5333-original.jpeg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
this is a bleak list
Agree. We better hope we hit on a good back in the draft or our running game could be even worse next season, especially with the likelihood of starting a rookie center.